TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

Interviews

telvisnostic

[81]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 52

Scott Fishman of Ringside Radio sent along the following:

Scott Fishman and Nathan Starling spoke with Kevin Nash Wednesday night on Ringside Radio in one of his first interviews since his contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling expired.

On his TNA contract expiring, reason he is no longer with the company and where he goes from here: "I was never given a contract to sign. We never had the discussion. I think that they were involved in a couple of other things. I mean TNA is a small company and I think some other things came up and I just slipped between the cracks. Even before that I signed my contract 21 days after my deal was up. I guess maybe they thought I would just wait patiently. ….Somebody has owned me since I was 30 years old. I just wanted to see what it was like to wake up in the morning and not have to answer to somebody. It is pretty sweet."

On if Shawn Michaels retiring has any influence on a decision: "When it comes down to it if I worked a minimal schedule I would work five days a month with TNA and those five days are basically 70 miles from my house so it's not like I'm on the road. If something happens at home I could be home in an hour. It's a completely different scenario and a completely different situation. It wasn't like I was going to Australia or anything like that. It's good to be home right now."

On if he considers himself retired: "Am I retired? Name one wrestler that is retired…..So I don't think any of us ever retire. I just think you just take time off. I've seen Hulk do it for years. Take time off and low and behold a four or five guys get hurt some place and your value goes up 20 percent."

On the atmosphere in his last night in TNA: "Storyline wise it was great. I mean Sting and I were leaving. Emotional wise it was pretty easy to play the part that night. I got buddies there. One thing in this business is you never say goodbye. Somewhere down the line you see each other again. Life goes on."

On The Immortals: "I was there the night they put it together. If they go with heat and real heat and let these guys run the company for quite some time. The thing about the NWO is we probably got heat on the company for six months. Now the biggest problem in the business right now is Fortune got heat off the old ECW guys. They got a good set of heat on those guys on TV when they beat them up and split everybody open. The next week those guys came back and made a comeback on them. So any heat they got the week before was nullified. Joe Hamilton told me a long time ago when I was breaking in was, 'The thing about heat is it's like a hot air balloon. The longer you let that flame go underneath that hot air balloon the higher it rises.
    "Every time a babyface touches that hot air balloon, as far as touching the heat or touching the heel, you draw back down. If you go week in and week out of going back and forth, the balloon never leaves the ground. The thing about heat is you know it works when the babyfaces in the company walk into the booking room and start complaining. When the guys that aren't the marks start complaining you know that the marks are already sick of it. That leads the buyrates and that leads to people start pulling for the babyfaces to pull it together. If you appease the people and the babyfaces, you will never get heat. Heats is always drawing money."

http://forceofwrestling.com/kevin-nash-discusses-leaving-tna-retirement-wwe-more/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yooperchild

[82]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 28
    Not really an interview, but I was just flipping through the last issue of my husband's MMA magazine and they have a little thing with Rob Van Dam in there. All they asked him was if he liked MMA, He said yes and that if it had been around when he was 18, he probably would have done it.

They did mention him as being from TNA, but there wasn't even a picture of him or anything.

I thought it was sort of random, but more press for TNA.

telvisnostic

[83]Oct 28, 2010

On His TNA tryout: "I came through the curtain and I had Sting and Booker T and [Kevin] Nash and they told me, 'You did good. We need someone like you around here. You'd be a hell of a heel.' Even Terry Taylor told me he'd be calling me about a job and I was like on Cloud Nine when I left there. All of a sudden a couple weeks went by and the phone call never happened. And I called Terry and I think his words were "The right people weren't in the office at the right time for you to get your job."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10014881.shtml

Crulex1369

[84]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 26
    ^ The definition of dropping the ball.

telvisnostic

[85]Oct 29, 2010

You are right about that.

telvisnostic

[86]Nov 3, 2010

The revelation of "They" at Bound For Glory, the comparisons of Immortal with the nWo, & why he believes fans should not think TNA is going backwards with what has unfolded since 10.10.10: "I think the parallels to the NWO is obvious to everybody, and to some people, they're frustrated and are thinking we're going backwards. The truth is people enjoy watching a power struggle: whether it's politics, a war, American Idol, or whatever it is, people like to watch it, and they identify with it. What are seeing right now is really the best of a formula that we know works, along with a new edge to it. It's going to be different from the NWO, but there I think the basic story elements are there, and it's a story people can relate to."

His opinion on the likelihood of Matt Hardy joining TNA, what he could add to the company/bring to the locker room, along with his thoughts on Matt's visible online presence: "I don't follow Matt Hardy on YouTube or anywhere else. I really don't know Matt Hardy that well. I interacted with him for a little while in WWE. He's a great talent. He's achieved a lot of success. In terms of how or if he's gonna end up in TNA, that remains to be seen. I think it's a wait & see kind of proposition. There's nobody's sitting back with a blueprint of how Matt Hardy can possibly fit into TNA, and what we're going to do, and how we do it. Let's wait & see...one step at a time. We don't even know if he's coming to TNA. If he does, I think we would have to sit down, talk to him, see where his head is at, see what his point of view is, see what his goals are, see what his perspective is, and kind of take it from there. It's very premature to talk about Matt Hardy's impact in TNA at this point."

The future of TNA ReAction on Spike TV: "We did get picked up for another ten episodes, and we're very, very excited about that. We think it's a great storytelling device, and it gives us a whole new way to present characters, present storylines, let the audience get to know characters in a much different way, I feel in a more intimate way. It gives the characters a different perspective, so all in all, everybody is happy with it. We are going to try some new things. Jason (Hervey) & I have been talking, along with Kevin Sullivan, who is instrumental in the success of the show. We have been talking about different ways to incorporate some new ideas into ReAction, because ReAction it's the type of show that allows us to experiment, and we could try things that we might not be comfortable trying in other formats. Some of it'll work, some of it won't. Keep watching, because we'll be trying new things. That's one of the things the wrestling business needs right now is a freshness, a new approach, & a willingness to experiment, and that's what we're gonna do."

J-Woww's impact thus far in TNA since her debut & what celebrities, and despite what people may believe, why Eric is against "bringing in celebrities for the sake of bringing in celebrities": "She brought awareness. It's obvious. CNN, TMZ, & everybody else was talking about TNA. One of the bigger challenges for TNA is awareness, so I think the people & principles that were involved in bringing J-Woww to TNA did a phenomenal job of achieving what is probably one of the most critical things in TNA, which is awareness. I'm a guy that's brought a lot of celebrities into the wrestling business. Bringing in celebrities just for the sake of bringing in celebrities: I'm against it, despite what a lot of people think. It's gotta be the right celebrity for the right reasons at the right time. Not that I've been right on the money with these decisions, but I've been right more often than I've been wrong. I think it's great if a celebrity happens to be at the right point (in terms of pop culture awareness), happens to fit into a good TNA storyline, and happens to be available: Let's go, let's do it. I don't think there's a strong mandate to go out and try to find celebrities to populate TNA just to hopefully get awareness."

Where we will see Jeff Hardy go as the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion & the leader of Immortal: "It's uncharted territory in many respects. I know this is going to sound unconventional, but there is no plan with Jeff. Jeff is a free spirit. Jeff is a very unique guy. He's a unique human being. He's a unique character. He's a professional. I think we're just going to let it flow and see where it goes. I think if Eric Bischoff sat down with a piece of paper & a pen and tried to write that story, we'd probably get it wrong, because we're not in Jeff Hardy's head the way Jeff Hardy is. I think what want to do is provide him with Jeff Hardy a platform, and a direction, & an inspiration and see where Jeff Hardy can take it."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/bischoff-speaks-on-matt-hardytna-jwoww-tna-reaction-115901

telvisnostic

[87]Nov 9, 2010

12. Can you talk about the decision process with regards to TNA and what made you to sign with them?

I think a lot of people know (TNA President) Dixie Carter attended my CD release party in Nashville in May, so we were talking. I was entertaining the move for a while. I think what made it click was working an independent gig where friends of mine were there. It made me remember why I got in wrestling in the first place. It was my genuine love for wrestling. I think sometimes it becomes a business and you forget the important details. Now I feel like I have a renewed spirit. I remember why I got into the business and it's that love. I know that Dixie is behind me 100% with the music too. We're going to try to work both of the schedules together. One hand feeds the other. She gets that. She wants me to be successful and to pursue music or acting if I so choose. She knows I'm representing TNA with everything that I do. That's not a liberty that you often have in any business. I think that's a really cool thing. It gives everybody power over their own destiny. It allows you to go after your dreams and do what you want to do. You're still an individual.

The other thing that meant a lot to me was that she texted me on my birthday to say happy birthday. We had spoken several times before that and she came to my CD release party, but to me that spoke volumes to the kind of person she was. She promised me that she will look out for me. She told me that they supported me 100% in TNA. For her to take time out of her busy day to text me happy birthday meant a lot because it showed what kind of character she had.

13. You debuted in TNA on October 7th and you've made quite the impact already. What would it mean to be the first woman to hold WWE's Women's Championship, Divas Championship and TNA's Knockout Championship?

I think it would be quite an honor. Obviously it's the first thing on my list of to-dos while I'm in TNA. I think coming in and making a statement is more than just winning a championship. It's also about making your mark, stating your place and making a big splash. Don't underestimate me or don't pre-judge me because of what you may assume. It shows every knockout in the locker room that I'm a force to be reckoned with.

14. Talk a little about the song "Hardcore Country" that is your entrance music in TNA. How did it come about?

I worked on it with Serg Salinas (Dixie's husband) & Dale Oliver while I was home, before I made my debut. Then I got to Nashville, we went into the studio and cut the vocals. We almost changed it from Hardcore Country to Outlaw Woman. Everything in wrestling seems to be hardcore, so to me it seemed too easy. They had talked to different people and they were looking at it from the country music side where you've never heard of Hardcore Country before. The more I listened to it they were right. It works. It's a badass song.

16. You made your in-ring debut on Impact with new ring gear. Was it easy to make the change from what we're used to seeing? Was the change your decision?

The change was my decision because I think it's hard to change my style, but I wanted to make it unique to TNA. I wanted something fresh and new. It ties more into what I'm doing on the music side as well. It's more me. I think my gear throughout the years is unique to me. I try to separate myself from everybody in the locker room and I wanted something that was true to me. This was as real as it gets. I'm a Native American down home country girl that will do a warpath on your ass.

17. This past Sunday at TNA Turning Point you had a match with Tara that ended up being in a brawl that spilled all over the arena. When it got broken up the fans were chanting "Let Them Fight!" and later on in the show it continued backstage. Where do you see it going?

It was pretty incredible. It was my first PPV singles match in TNA, so it was my debut in terms of that. I think there's no doubt that the history between Tara and I is great. She's definitely one of the best in the business. We brought the fight to eachother. I think we raised the bar for our locker room and any locker room around the world. It was a lot of fun. I know both of us are hurting for certain today (Monday), but it was really cool to raise the bar for ourselves and the business. We've heard a lot of comments about how not only was it possibly the match of the night, but ladies match of the year. To have a women's match get such high praise is an honor. Women's wrestling is not fluff. We can go just as hard as the guys. That's why we are in this business. We are wrestlers. We're not just eye candy who are out there to look good. You heard the crowd chanting "Let Them Fight!" and it was an awesome feeling. I'm excited to see what's next. I think this is the just the beginning of an all out war.

http://mickiejames.com/2010/11/09/exclusive-twenty-questions-with-mickie-james/#more-1617

telvisnostic

[88]Nov 9, 2010

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin praised TNA Wrestling's pseudo shoot program, ReACTION, noting his enjoyment for its rawness. Here is the highlight from a Crave Online intervie:

"I watch their Reaction show, and I like the shoot style promos they do on that show. It's different, it's not so pre-fabricated, you know, they're shoot promos and I enjoy that. They feel raw, they feel real.

"Well you know, it goes back to what it was before. That's the ability to learn to cut a promo and you're coming from your heart, your guts, your brain. There's that story you've got to tell, but promos have to be real, they can't be fabricated. You have to believe in them. When you're not trying to memorize something, you can believe what you're saying. That's the fashion that I cut mine as Stone Cold. I believed every word I said 110%. That's just the way it was."

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/291332571.shtml

telvisnostic

[89]Nov 11, 2010

His response to any alleged rumors about heat with Taz (after the company brought him in as their new color-commentator), turning heel against Mike Tenay at the announce table, and his transition from being TNA's color-commentator to working full-time heading up TNA's marketing/sales department: "I hear things like that, and it makes you want to laugh. If anyone knows my background with Shop at Home, I was a pitchman before Billy Mays was a pitchman. I sold 150 million a year of sports memorabilia on Shop at Home for eight straight years, over a billion dollars worth of merchandise. That's what I do, and the funny part is me and Jeff Jarrett would always talk about why aren't they using me, and finally they came to and said, 'We want you to make a move, and come into our merchandise department, and do your thing.'

"Then they wanted to get a big name in, and Taz is ten times more known than I ever was, and it made perfect sense. They gave me a promotion. I appreciate the comments about missing me out there, and I really did like the heel character because it was starting to grow on me, but I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and I'm more important to TNA doing what I'm doing now than I ever was as a commentator. I want people to know there was never a conspiracy, any harshness between Taz and I, none of that ever. It was a move I should have made years earlier, and I'm glad that they believed in me to make. It has paid off big time for them and for me."

Why his role as the manager of The Amazing Red only had a brief run and whether or not a return to television is out of the question for him: "You never say never in the wrestling world. How many people have we seen leave one place and go to another? Never is a word that doesn't exist. I enjoyed the Red thing so much. It was a timing issue, because right when that happened, is when I started taking on a full-time road schedule to help increase the sales on the road.

"I just couldn't do it being a married man, and with my age, I couldn't spend 250 days on the road. It was fun with Red, he's one of my all-time favorites. Anyone who watched "The Asylum Years" knows that, and remembers me standing on the table and yelling 'Go Red Go' in a Handicap Match. The entire run with him was fun, because I'm such a fan, but in this business, you could never say never."

His feelings on the promotion returning to The Nashville Fairgrounds (The TNA Asylum) this Friday night (one final time before the building is set to be demolished), reflecting back on the early days of TNA, and the credit he gives Jeff Jarrett for being the driving force in the company from Day One: "The excitement her in our town is really off the charts, and it reminds you of how it was those first couple of years. It's gonna feel how the ECW guys feel when they go back to Philly. It's going back to a building that we ran every week for almost two years, and that was at the $9.99 Pay-Per-View experiment days.

"Some of the best wrestling, some of the worst color-commentating of all-time (my first couple of years there absolutely), but some of the best wrestling that I can ever remember. The memories are incredible, and it really was some of the best wrestling, and a company that refused to give up. There was a lot of people that didn't think it would make it, and the only one I think that believed it never would quit was Jeff Jarrett, and he drove us all forward. You see the progression through the years. I'm as excited about this as any house show that I've ever been to and as excited about this as any of the things that I've been involved with TNA in a while. That's how good it feels to be able to do this show."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10015138.shtml

yooperchild

[90]Nov 11, 2010
    • level: 28

Mick Foley was on The Daily Show last night

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/wed-november-10-2010-mick-foley?xrs=synd_facebook

His part starts about 14 minutes in. It's mostly about his writing and the new book and not wrestling though.

telvisnostic

[91]Nov 17, 2010

Konnan, Hernandez, and Mexico:

"He's in Mexico right now, he's still in TNA, but he's doing more coverage in Mexico. There's a big rumor that me, Hernandez and Konnan are going to do the 5150 tour in Mexico, and hopefully we're going to bring it to the States and we're going to have a LAX reunion."

Backstage TNA Politics & TNA Release:

"I'm not going to lie to you, I was telling my girlfriend honesty, it hurts everybody. When I speak the truth, it hurts. I didn't say anything aggressive. I was frustrated in the end. I'm very confident that I can do better. Politics just got me in the butt and just caught me. I was miserable at the end of my days in TNA, I didn't like it.

"I miss the boys, I miss the staff, I miss everything, I became a smarter businessman when I went to TNA."

Ring Of Honor Debut & Return:

"I love Ring of Honor because it's pure wrestling. I always politic all my students and the young guys coming in the business, everybody says that Vince McMahon is destroying the wrestling business. He's not, he's just got his own style called sports entertainment. In Ring of Honor, I was one of the original guys that built this company, with Samoa Joe, BJ Whitmer, Low-Ki, 'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson. I'm happy with the independent wrestling. To me, independent wrestling means freedom. I'm not saying that when you come back to the indies you can do whatever you want to do, because when you come from TV wrestling, WWE or TNA, you have to follow the business point and also the politics. With independents, it's more like relaxed. You had a hard day at work, you come home, you just want to eat and go to sleep. That's how the indies are. It's just more relaxed."

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/292031903.shtml

Full article-http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2010/11/15/16150091.html

telvisnostic

[92]Nov 30, 2010

Bret Hart vis PWinsider via UK Sun wrote:
    "I think TNA is seen as a serious rival by WWE, but not by the actual wrestlers. TNA's more of a wrestling show than a company because of the lighter schedule. We all think that competition is better, but WWE normally stamps all over anybody that thinks about taking them on.

TNA's reached out and got Eric Bischoff and Hogan — and that's where I'd take issue with their overall plan.They spent several years building their young stars and, like with what happened to me in WCW, I just sense they don't have enough brains between them to keep all the other guys going where they need to go.I fear

TNA simply bought the names and they're going to get the same baloney we all did in WCW. No matter how old he is, or what kind of shape he's in, Hogan believes in his heart that he's the star of the show and he is wrestling. I don't think he gives a damn about anyone else.I'm one to talk considering how old I am, but I think I know my place in wrestling and I'm pretty careful about what I do.

I can't even begin to imagine Hogan wrestling somebody like Samoa Joe, who is in his prime right now. I have a lot of friends there and I would never rule out working for the company. But I certainly never see myself there while Hogan or Bischoff are. I think I'd rather not put myself through that again."

Source

telvisnostic

[93]Dec 1, 2010

#TNA star Mick Foley was the subject of a special Geek Week Live interview on Tuesday. Foley indicated during the interview that he's not planning to re-sign with TNA when his contract expires next year. "I love the idea of having a part-time job that pays well," Foley said. "TNA has been a real blessing in that ...sense. I would rather be motivated, but it's still nice in this economy to have a job like that.

"That will expire in eight or nine months. The chances of that relationship continuing are probably not that good. Once you have Hulk Hogan as the face of your company, there's no need for me. And one of the challenges they have on their s...how, and I understand completely, is there's only so much room for the non-wrestling talker every week, and I had a lot of time to do that for a year and a half.

"I don't know if wrestling is going to play a role at all. Who knows? Part of my life will always be involved in wrestling. I don't see myself at the Motor City Comic Con or doing many indys." Foley added that he expects to get the WWE Hall of Fame call at some point.

Foley expressed disappointment with the company for not airing the footage of his appearance at the Jon Stewart "Rally For Sanity." He felt it would have made the company and himself appear relevant. "I've been beating myself up and it's frustrating because I can't seem to get the decision makers in TNA to realize that it is a big deal to show me in front of 250,000 fans at the Jon Stewart rally and to show the reaction of the crowd," Foley said.

Foley also vented about his frustration with the TNA chain of command structure. "What I'm getting when I ask these questions is a lot of what WCW was," Foley said. "With WWE, we knew that's who you talk to, and so it's very frustrating. I will eventually throw up my hands and just say, 'Okay, I'll walk to the mailbox every two weeks.' I'll do that or I'll go on the show and do something I don't believe in, but you saw the difference (during his match with Ric Flair because he was emotionally invested)."

Foley said he can't wrestle often because he's getting hurt too easily and "it's not worth the extra tenth of a rating point." He continued to vent about the company cutting packages on his various appearances, as well as a video package on his feud with Ric Flair that was supposed to air prior to their latest match. He was complimentary of Jeff Hardy's heel turn, yet was also critical of doing too many turns out of nowhere.

Foley said his main complaint about TNA has been that they don't allow the wrestlers to wrestle more. He said he likes the idea of TNA Reaction being the talking show that airs after Impact. He also said he feels there's a place for occasional squash matches in pro wrestling today. You can watch the full interview below or head to GeekWeek.com if the video doesn't play on your mobile device.

ProWrestlingPonderings.com

telvisnostic

[94]Dec 2, 2010

His reaction to the naysayers and critics that feel Jeff Hardy will walk out of Final Resolution still the World Heavyweight Champion and his interesting plans for Hardy's Immortal championship belt upon capturing the TNA World Title at Sunday's Pay-Per-View: "I get it. People are saying that there was special title made for Jeff Hardy. He's got his face all over the plates of the title, so people have these forgone conclusions that Jeff will walk out the champion. It's like this: I've got no problem.

"In fact, I'm a little more eager to take the title off of him more than ever for the simple fact that what a great way to piss in Immortal's Corn Flakes, so to speak, than to take their stupid little title belt that they made for Jeff, give it to my wife as a little Christmas present, because let's be honest, it's a very feminine looking title. Instead of me going to Hot Topic and getting her a belt from there, why not give her the Jeff Hardy title belt? Then getting the original TNA World Heavyweight Title restored the way it should be, and actually God forbid wear that, because that's something I'd be proud to wear, extremely proud to wear."

The one thing he does give Jeff Hardy credit for leading into their main event match at Final Resolution and if he would have ever expected Jeff's heel turn one year ago at this time: "I think Jeff is doing his thing as far as doing what he's got to do to make these people hate him. He's trying his ass off, I know that much. I worked on the road long enough for me to know that he's doing everything he can, and I think he's doing a good job to be perfectly honest.

"A year ago, I would think it would be damn near impossible to make people hate Jeff Hardy, but I think they've done a good job. I think he's done a great job of going above and beyond to do everything he can to make people dislike him and disassociate themselves. The thing with Jeff is they (the fans) have always been able to say 'He's one of us' and 'He's one of the misunderstood freaks like us,' and he that common thread with them. Jeff is now flicking them off, telling them to go screw off, and he means it. That's the part I've got to give him kudos to, and he's doing a good job of it."

Being in select company to be have been both on the inside and outside with Fortune, recently fighting against Fortune with Douglas Williams against their former partners, and the importance of choosing the "right referee" for his forthcoming TNA World Title Match: "What Fortune is doing, and Eric (Bischoff) and (Hulk) Hogan do the same damn thing, is attach their cart to whatever's hot, and what's relevant, and what's going on in pro wrestling today. That's what Fortune's doing with me. I'm not facing Fortune for the World Heavyweight Title, as much as they would love to attach their cart to 'The Blueprint' train. It is what it is.

"I'm going against Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Title, so that's where my focus is 100 percent right now at this moment when I'm busting my ass in the gym, and I'm training, and I'm watching film, and I'm doing everything I can to make myself better so I can walk out the World Heavyweight Champion. I've got to keep my focus on one thing, and that's Jeff Hardy. You'd be like 'Matt, you'll be stupid not to think Fortune would do a run-in and try to screw you out of the World Title,' and I get that...I do. That's the importance of me picking the right referee for this match to keep the 'merry band of midgets' out of my way while I become the new World Heavyweight Champion."

His thoughts on the upcoming return of Tough Enough, if today's average wrestling fan will react to the program favorably, and the impact that the show has had on his career even to this point in time today: "I definitely think fans today would watch Tough Enough and care about it. Look at pop culture in general. Reality shows, whether it's a 'celebreality' show on Vh-1, or whether it's just a normal reality show (ala a Survivor, Real World), all those shows are hits and do monster ratings. I think they'll continue to, because even the reality shows in general now are not straight-up reality shows. There's a prize at the end, there's backstabbing along the way, it's good drama.

"It really is. I think Tough Enough would be a very good show and peak a lot of our fans' interest. One of the things fans still come up to me and really like is that they've known me. In this entire eight-year journey, they remember me from the 380-pound fat ass on Tough Enough II, who did everything it took to become a professional wrestler and to where I am now. They get to know Matt Morgan from all the way back then, and they've watched me evolve over my career. It's pretty cool for them to say they were along for the ride, because they kind of say they know me, and the same is with The Miz, the same is with John Morrison, and others along the way."

His goals for himself (personally and professionally) and for TNA (as a company) in 2011 and why capturing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Final Resolution would mean "everything to him," turning his dream into a reality: "Realistically, for the company as a whole, I hope we continue to grow the way we are. I know there's are a lot of naysayers out there that say 'we should be ahead of where we are,' and I can understand some of that to a degree, but I feel as a company we can continue to keep growing like we did this year. We did grow a ton internationally this year, as we did the year before. We'll continue to do so as the years go by. You got to remember, the company is really not that old. It's brand spanking new somewhat when you think about it.

"When you look back at WWWF, where was they eight, nine, ten years in the game? What kind of money were they making? What were their stars doing? Were they household names? That kind of thing. People have got to look at it on a proper scale and compare it the right way, not apples to oranges, but apples to apples. Do the right comparisons when you do so. As far as I'm concerned, the company is doing everything it can to continue to grow internationally, as well as more importantly, the U.S. Individually what I hope to achieve is the easiest question in the world: that's to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

"That's a lifelong dream right there to call yourself the Heavyweight Champion of any company, but to be the Heavyweight Champion in TNA, that means everything to me. Honest to God, it does. I've been busing my ass my whole life and my whole career for this one moment, that magical moment come this Sunday, that if I can just come to three seconds of holding another man's shoulders to the mat, I will have fulfilled my dream. It's really really cool when you think about it that way, and it's something that I don't take lightly. It's something I have dreams about. It's something where I'm hoping I can make this dream come into a reality this Sunday."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10015495.shtml

telvisnostic

[95]Dec 15, 2010

-Taz on Mickie James vs. Tara in a steel cage on Impact: "Both of those girls worked their tails off... Tara was injured earlier in that match. They really, really took it to a new level. They wanted to steal the show. They wanted to capture that moment... They sure did. Everyone was so proud of those ladies."

-Taz on broadcasting in TNA vs. WWE; learning from Vince McMahon: "Vince McMahon, I have to say on the record, I have learned so much from him in regards of being a commentator. Vince McMahon is not a huge fan of calling action... The guys that are the announcers there now, I feel their frustration, because trust me, when you are a pro wrestling commentator, you want to call matches; you want to call action. The beauty in TNA is you have the freedom to call action."

-Taz on a belt vs. a championship: "I still won't say "Title belt. I agree with Vince McMahon on that. It's more prestigious if it is a championship or a title... A belt is something, in Vince McMahon's words, you use to hold your pants up. A belt holds up your pants; a championship is something prestigious to hold."

-Taz on C.M. Punk: "I watch WWE programming when I can. I have heard Punk. I think he is good. He is an intelligent guy, a talented guy, a credible guy. I think he has legs as a color commentator."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10015743.shtml

telvisnostic

[96]Jan 11, 2011

Mickie James and Jeremy Borash

- She talked about this being her first country album, Strangers & Angels. The hosts asked her how we can get more people into country music. She said there's a misconception about the music and now it can be a little bit of southern rock with pop too, so people should be open to the crossover that's there. The hosts talked about how that Country Strong movie did poorly at the theaters in its opening weekend because some people get turned off by country music.

- They asked about celebrities in TNA. Borash mentioned that Toby Keith shows up once in a while and Snoop Dogg has showed up. They talked about J-Woww from Jersey Shore showing up saying they got exposure on TMZ with it. Then the hosts talked about J-Woww's features, but Jeremy quickly moved off topic.

- They asked Mickie how the other girls treated her. Mickie said they welcomed her with open arms. They all realize that the bigger names that people have, the better it is for the company in terms of exposure.

- Mickie said that there's a mix in the company from TNA originals, to former WWE people and wrestlers from all over the world, which makes it a cool place to work in.

- Borash talked about how he and other TNA wrestlers like Jeff Hardy and Beer Money went to Japan last week and how it helps the exposure of the company.

- They plugged Impact tapings for the next two nights at Universal in Orlando starting at around 5:30 pm with free entry as always. Borash mentioned the Hardy brothers being together at the tapings last night. Mickie mentions they don't really know what they will do on the day of the taping until you get to the building.

- The hosts asked Mickie if she's single. She said yes. Madison Rayne said on the show yesterday she doesn't date wrestlers and Mickie mentioned that you're around many wrestlers all the time, so sometimes stuff happens, but she's been single for a couple of years because she's so busy. Borash mentioned a lot of the guys on the roster have crushes on Mickie.

- Mickie plugs the TNA theme song "Hardcore Country." She mentions the song "Don't Apologize" from her Strangers & Angels CD being her favorite. Then she talks about "Are You With Me?" being her first single and "Hollywood Movie Moment" being another favorite on the album. Then they started playing "Are You With Me?" She mentioned Tim McGraw being a favorite artist. She mentioned the songs will be on iTunes again soon. (I should also note the whole CD will be available again on mickiejames.com very soon.)

- The hosts plugged the Impact tapings one more time and mentioned their close association with the the TNA brand.

The segment lasted about 15 minutes.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10016150.shtml

Deadnight-Majin

[97]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 18

I was happy to discover an incredible poster of Mickie James in an issue of Power Slam I purchased last month. It would have went straight on my wall, but I don't believe my girlfriend would have taken kindly to that.

telvisnostic

[98]Jan 23, 2011

Interview with X-Pac...It's so good!

Miami Herald wrote:
    "That and they have to get rid of Vince Russo as head writer. I like Vince Russo the person. I love him as a human being. Supposedly to my face, he likes me, too, but they don't want me there because I'm always saying something sucks when it's the #$%^. They would rather bury their head in the sand than do something correct or listen to somebody else's input. Everyone is so defensive there. To me, I don't care whose idea it is. If it's a good idea, then lets do it. I don't care who gets credit for it…"

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/22/2028140_p2/former-wwe-star-x-pac-turning.html#ixzz1Btew64hM

Edited on 01/23/2011 1:40pm

Crulex1369

[99]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 26
    Wait, what? Did something that smart really come from X-pac's mouth!?

telvisnostic

[100]Jan 24, 2011

He usually tells it like it is in his interviews.

------------------

Steve Waring caught up with one of wrestling's leading female lights, Madison Rayne, to talk black eyes, getting booed and going back to school.

SW: You've recently been to Abu Dhabi in November on tour, how was it?
    MR: It was awesome. I have never been close to there.

What was the fanbase like there?
    It is massive, I had a great time.

Why and how did you get into wrestling? Being a girl, did you find it tough?
    I have two older brothers, and we used to watch wrestling with my dad. I quickly realised that if I wanted to be the cool little sister, then getting into wrestling was the way to go.

From the first time I started watching I became a fan. I first wanted to be a doctor, then Miss America, but I finally settled on Pro Wrestling. I put college on hold and chased my dream; luckily it worked out.

Within the TNA ranks at the moment, who is your favourite to work with in the ring?
    I've worked with most girls in the locker room in the last year. There are a lot of new knockouts (female wrestlers), but I've fought with, and against, Tara and that's a lot of fun. You never know what you're going to get with her. I've also had a few matches with Mickey James (from WWE), and that's going to be exciting over next few months.

A couple of weeks back, Micky and Tara fought in a main event live cage match on your flagship show. This is unheard of in terms of female wrestlers. Do you feel you have to work harder because you are the champion?
    I give everything. I remember watching that match and my jaw hit the floor. Tara badly hurt her arm and carried on for 15 minutes more. I realised that if I want to keep the belt, I had to step it up even more.

Within wrestling there are good guys and bad guys. Which do you prefer being?
    Before I got to TNA, I played a good guy. They said I was small and cute so you can play the good guy. But my character developed differently, and it is a lot of fun. I try and be good and positive in everyday life, and it's fun to get in the ring and play on the jeers from the crowd. I save my moody moments for the cameras.

What's your toughest match to date? Any bad injuries?
    I wake up every morning with bumps and bruises and ask why I do it. Every day is extremely tough. I've been very lucky that I haven't had any bad bumps. I've had numerous black eyes, chipped teeth and a couple of concussions, but nothing in comparison to some guys who wrestle at TNA.

You're coming to Manchester this month, have you performed here before?
    Yes, last year I got drafted in last minute so didn't get chance to see the city. There was a lot of rushing about, dealing with jetlag and so on, so hopefully this time I will have the opportunity to have a look about the place.

How do the crowds differ from the US to the UK?
    Well, we're working in the US almost 12 months a year, so fans over there get to see us quite a bit. When we come to the UK and Europe, the fans go wild, which makes it a bigger spectacle for us. The electricity that runs through a crowd is amazing. Every arena is crazy.

Hulk Hogan has been working within TNA as an out-of-ring performer. He is the biggest wrestling icon of all time, what has he brought to the company?
    Hogan and Rick Flair joined up. We all soon realised they were there to help the company grow, and help us as performers. They are idolised by every performer in the locker room. It has made us want to prove our worth in the ring, because when you know that Hogan is backstage watching your match, it is a bit of added pressure, but it also gives you a massive adrenaline rush.

What are your plans after wrestling? Do you plan wrestling into your 30s and 40s?
    I am going to wrestle for as long as TNA wants me, or my body will allow. Wrestling is not a life long career, especially for women. I will go back to college, and I do have a plan B. But for now I am going all guns and living the dream, and until I can't give everything anymore, nothing will change.

Site