TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

Interviews

telvisnostic

[101]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 52

Wrestlezone wrote:
    In a recent interview with "Power Slam," former Ring of Honor star Kevin Steen had the following to say about TNA: "This won't look good now that I'm a free agent and I'm looking to make a living off wrestling...I've watched episodes of TNA iMPACT! and TNA pay-per-views. This is not a knock on the wrestlers because the wrestlers are the only thing that make [TNA] watchable, guys like The Young Bucks and The Machine Guns and Samoa Joe and AJ Styles and others. But I would watch an episode, and I would have to pause it because my head was spinning and I felt a little nauseous just from seeing so many things happening, one after another. The matches have so little time, so they would have to do so much stuff in, like, three minutes...I've literally gotten physically nauseous from watching TNA."

Kevin Nash Twitter wrote:
    # Set aside $50m. Start with Cena and work backwards. Don't walk into a Mercedes showroom and ask what new AMG S-63 I can buy for $25K. about 1 hour ago via web

# When wcw took over the WWE for the short time we did, it's bc Ted Turner paid HUGE $ for talent. Wanna put tna on the map, Mrs. Carter?

Kevin Nash tumblr wrote:
    The most significant aspect of anyone's life is the relationships that they build. Sometimes in personal growth and closure, these relationships are strained, if not broken. In this past week, I had to break relationships in order to receive closure in others. I would first off thank Jeff Jarrett for inviting me back into the wrestling world upon my completion of 'The Longest Yard'. Alot of people don't realize what a close relationship Jeff and I have. In the dog days of the WWF, I'm sure we traveled more than a million miles together. What he went through with the loss of his wife Jill and the happiness he's now found, while trying to keep TNA together, was amazing to witness.

What Bob Carter did to make sure this dream stayed alive, I can only say Sir you have my utmost respect. To Serge and Dixie, who I consider my friends, I wish them continued success. And now the hardest part. To the Boyz, that means you too Knockouts, we've laughed, cried and **** all along knowing how lucky we were to be pro-wrestlers. So few people get to truly go to work and do what they love.

Me leaving TNA was a decision my wife and I made. For 23 years my wife has put up with this **** of ME making decisions of everyday life. 14 of those have affected my son. After 3 yrs of self doubt and thoughts of quitting the business, I met Vince McMahon and within 24 hrs of helping Shawn Michaels win the ICC, I MEANT something. And I haven't looked back. The glass is way less than half full. My wife and I had a long discussion and I told her how important it was for me to end my career where I began. I think it took her 2 seconds to agree.

I don't know how many of you have seen Vanilla Sky. Don't know if Boston was real or lucid dream. When they chanted Diesel, it sure as hell felt real for ME! You make decisions in life, sometimes never getting proof that it was the right decision. The crowd in Boston on Sunday night assured me that I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION. I can't thank the WWE enough for making it happen for me. My true friends at TNA text and called with their love and support w/in hours. Don't think it will ever be forgotten. Didn't realize how much I missed Diesel.

Edited on 02/03/2011 1:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[102]Feb 3, 2011

Dixie Carter answers fans questions:

TNAWrestling wrote:
    rodneymcneal
    @TNADixie < is tna going to get a new world belt so they wont all wear the hardy belt?
    Dixie: Are you kidding, YES!! The sooner the better.

AreYouHie
    @TNADixie < do you plan on moving the Impact Zone to somewhere else. I believe that keeping it in Universal is crippling the audience numbers
    Dixie: There are no plans to move the production to another single facility. However, we are excited about taking the iMPACT! taping on the road to Fayetteville, NC on February 24th, and hope to do more iMPACT! tapings from different locations in the future.

alan99anderson
    @TNADixie > hi dixie what have been your best moment(s) in tna alan (scotland)
    Dixie: Signing the Spike deal was huge. The Kurt Angle/Thursday night Spike announcement, the Hogan press conference in NYC, Wembley Arena… Too many to mention. But every time I am out on the floor at a show with the fans is the single best part of my job. I have REALLY missed doing that since October. Getting back out on the UK/European Tour felt great.

DrewHHopkins
    @TNADixie < What has been the biggest mistake you've made so far running TNA? I know the list is long but narrow it to 1 if possible.
    Dixie: The move to Monday nights. We have a loyal audience on Thursdays and that move proved that. Even the ratings of the Thursday replay (which did not force viewers to watch on Monday), were as high or higher than the debut telecast.

lnstrngr
    @TNADixie < Any plans for a Northern California tour? Would love to see you guys live!
    Dixie: Yes! We are looking at 3-4 cities in Northern California in late October. Potentially a So Cal run the week before.

FunkMonkv1
    Eariler today @TNADixie < asked us on twitter and on facebook to send her questions that she will answer. Will she avoid negative questions?
    Dixie: No, I won't avoid them.

Topdun
    @TNADixie < dixie, what are the chances of having a tna pay per view,say a genesis etc, in England?
    Dixie: Two years ago at Wembley I said we wanted to have a PPV or iMPACT! taping from the UK. To get that done Bravo would have had to be a big part of that. Now that we are on Challenge, the folks at SKY can help make that happen. I get this email all the time. You need to let them know you want to see this come to fruition. I'm sold.

Erik Bryant
    Can you tell me how you felt when you saw Booker T and Kevin Nash at the Royal Rumble and realized your original plans for "THEY" were screwed?
    Dixie: Booker was not available for any MEM angle. Kevin Nash was under contract with TNA and was just recently released for reasons I will not disclose. From the beginning, if we did a MEM angle it would not have been with the original group and it would have been a short-term story to get to something else. To see "THEY" tune in TONIGHT on SPIKE. I'm pretty sure the fans will be happy. I know I am.

marcusp71
    @TNADixie < Hi Dixie I have another question who has the best entrance music???
    Dixie: My favorite entrance music is Beer Money (and not because my husband Serg sings it). The crowd reacts how I do to that song every time they come out. On the UK/European Tour last week I could not get Mickie James' or Madison Rayne's music out of my head, which is fine except when I hear it while I am sleeping. Not my favorite song, but the one I hear the most in my head at night is RVD's music. I want to strangle Rob when I wake up some mornings. And, I actually really like my music. If you remember Goldylocks from early TNA days, she sings it and does an amazing job.

EDDYrodriguez25
    @TNADixie < you are the president of TNA and do a lot. Do you ever take a break?
    Dixie: I do spend time with my family and friends; however, work is always a text, email or call away 24/7.

KaiEBogatzki
    @TNADixie < what's the truth about the rumors that Sting has left TNA and joined WWE?!
    Dixie: I have read these reports. I would really hate to see that happen.

fusionstyle
    @TNADixie < Were you disappointed by Bravo being cut and TNA being left without a home on UK TV? Poor treatment by Sky?
    Dixie: We are thrilled to now be a part of SKY family with iMPACT! being shown on FREEVIEW every Tuesday at 10 pm starting February 8th. Thanks to all the fans who let SKY know they wanted to see iMPACT!. It gave SKY a quick lesson in just how passionate TNA fans are! Although SKY was undergoing a massive platform change, it was a frustrating period not being able to respond to the thousands of tweets and facebook questions fans also sent me as to when and where iMPACT! would be broadcast in the UK and Ireland. The announcement was made very quickly after the deal was done.

Matt Scott > do you ever get frustrated with some fans who never stop critiscising at taking shots at the company and the talent?
    Dixie: It's part of the job. We will never please everyone all the time. You just have to strive to please as many as you can as much of the time as possible.

Braedon Waddell Will TNA EVER Tour Australia?
    Dixie: We are working on putting together a tour of Australia. I was disappointed we weren't able to go last year and it is my hope we will have something to announce in the near future.

Matt Jones
    Why doesn't TNA start its own Hall Of Fame for the Wrestlers?
    Dixie: Great question. Stay tuned!

telvisnostic

[103]Feb 7, 2011

PWinsideR wrote:
    Monday Night Mayhem had Eric Bischoff on their nine year anniversary today live today.

Bischoff took questions from fans. When asked about the Super Bowl, Bischoff said he used to live in Pittsburgh.

A fan mentions the ratings of TNA and how successful they were. Bischoff said one of the things that's resonating with the audience is integrating reality with characters, and keeping an edge. Bischoff says the storyline arc started back in October at Bound For Glory and is continuing and leading up to March 3. Bischoff said investment in a long term storyline arc and reality, and keeping a sharper edge. He said it's a combination of those things.

A question was about Fortune being revealed as "they". Bischoff said he hates the three-part questions. Bischoff says it wasn't close to seeing the return of the Main Event Mafia. He said there were some shifts, but they knew way in advance that there was going to be an issue. There were plans to adjust the plans accordingly. He said Nash signed an agreement with WWE. Bischoff said he isn't involved in talent signs of things. He said Nash/TNA departed as friends. He said nothing caught them off flat-footed. When wheels were off original plan, it was a matter of time before "Plan B" took place.

Bischoff says Plan B was well received and caught everyone by surprise. He said the guys were pretty excited about it. He said Fortune is a strong, aggressive, emerging group of talent. He said he'd prefer that you ask the talent because he doesn't like to speak for others.

Immortal vs. Fortune. Was it meant to occur too fast? Bischoff said he prefers not to get into it. He says where they are now is where they would be in a matter of time. He said it caught them flatfooted a bit.

Why is everyone ducking the Sting rumor? Bischoff says he is not aware of whether Sting is with TNA or not. He's not involved in talent acquisitions or discussions/negotiations, so he's not in the front line of it. Bischoff doesn't think Sting would go to WWE, but if it was, it would be for a short time, maybe merchandise/licensing. Bischoff says anyone that expects Sting to show up in WWE as a full-time wrestler will be disappointed.

Bischoff says he hasn't seen Desmond Wolfe on the next set of tapings and is unsure about the future of Wolfe as he doesn't know.

How does Bischoff react to people that discount Bischoff's abilities, such as TNA's downfall? Bischoff said last he checked, TNA is doing pretty well. Bischoff said 10% of the people make 90% of the negative noise. The smallest percentage of the Internet are giving wrestling fans in general a bad name.

An opinion of WWE's product. Bischoff says he hasn't been watching. He respects Shane, Vince, Stephanie. He says the company has taken this business to a new level: a television juggernaut. Bischoff says the youth movement is good. Bischoff says WWE's business is down and finds it ironic? Bischoff says WWE goes back to the older talent to bring business back up (Nash, Booker T, Sting, Jerry Lawler going for the title).

Bischoff says Nature Boy isn't going anywhere. He said there are two sides to every story, there may have been a lot blown out of proportion. He says there isn't an issue that he is aware of with TNA/Flair. He said he sees Flair's name on the next set of tapings and he doesn't hope Flair is going anywhere.

Question: how do you take experiences and mistakes from the past and apply them to current situations today? Bischoff says he goes by feel when it comes to creative, characters. He elaborated a little more about this.

Is the Vince Russo hate uncalled for? Bischoff says no doubt. Eric says nobody is perfect or 100% all the time. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and Vince is no different. Day in, day out, consistently, Vince is more than proven himself to be an extremely talented guy, proves he can change/adapt, strives to put out the best product. He says he never met anyone that worked harder and most of what people are enjoying right now can dfirectly be attributed to Russo.

How is Hulk Hogan doing? Bischoff says Hogan is doing well from all the discussions he has with him. He says you will see Hogan in Fayetteville on 2/24 - which will be March 3rd.

Bischoff says you will see a powerful show from a content point of view on March 3rd (2/24). He says you will see a show that is from a content point of view, going to be different than what you typically see. He says you will see a different kind of energy in an energized crowd. He didn't want to say better crowd. He says there are positives and negatives in Impact Zone. He says an audience that doesn't show up every tapings or hang out with the wrestlers at hotels. He says the show is going to "feel" much different?

Hulk/Eric's contract that is up this year - rumours. Bischoff doesn't comment on contractual issues? He won't comment on that.

Scott Steiner's return. Main event player at this point in his career? Bischoff says anyone that underestimates Steiner's in ring ability is kidding themselves. Bischoff says he is unsure about how he will be used, but he knows that Scott Steiner is a player, wherever he is. He's believable, intense, and is a workhorse in the ring.

Bischoff has a high opinion of Robert Roode as a talent. Final question. With the road to wrestlemania, Eric is not afraid of competition. With that said, with the recent spike in Impact ratings, how pleased is Eric to see the progression of the company over the part of the past several weeks. What can the fans expect in upcoming weeks/months?

Bischoff said this past year, there were 7-8 weeks of the highest ratings in the history. He said TNA is slowly but surely are hitting in the right direction. He said there were some speed bumps, he said they are building momentum and good talent. He wants to take the show in the road, inject the show with different kind of energy. He says they have a good future and is very proud of it.

The show went to commercial break and Kevin Nash is scheduled to be on the show right afterwards. This show aired on http://www.mondaynightmayhem.com and Eric Bischoff's page is http://www.facebook.com/TheEricBischoff and Monday Night Mayhem's Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/mondaynightmayhem.

telvisnostic

[104]Feb 14, 2011

DiNero interview:

Promoting his own character in TNA versus WWE:
    "It all comes down to the promoting of one's character. That doesn't just involve the person themselves, but it involves the company, as well, that the individual is wrestling for. That plays a big part in what works and what doesn't work.

You watch the company up north and they will take a character and shove it down your throat. They tell you 'this is what we want to work so you're going to cheer or you're going to boo'.

Who remembers Elijah Burke but a diehard fan? Pope has become far more known than Elijah Burke ever was in the three years he was with WWE. What does that say about self-promoting? What does that say about TNA's promoting?"

His current feud with Samoa Joe:
    "I want you to keep a close eye on this situation. I'm going to show how it's going to be THE feud to watch in all of wrestling. You got Pope - I mean, you got POPE - then you got Joe. You got the Samoan Submission Machine, the guy is a monster in the ring, with his aggression and everything.

Pope will handle all the juckin' and jivin', pimpin' and the ridin'. Pope will handle all the talking, the charismatic features and abilities that should be applied in the ring. Pope is going to handle all the showboating. Joe's going to handle the rest. I think it's going to be a great complement to each other, being that we're both so different. When we get in the ring, magic is going to happen."

-LOP

Read more here

telvisnostic

[105]Feb 16, 2011

:
    Chris Jericho on his tweet that on TNA, if you don't think you work for the best company that no one will ever think you do: "Not the first time, I mean Bobby Roode did it this week, the girl (Madison Rayne) said it about the best female organization if she came from there… The point is…they've been doing that for years and years and years. When I worked for WAR in Japan, the company was half the size of new Japan, but for me, WAR was the best company in the world, and if anybody talked badly about my company, I'll fight you. And if we had any kind of interaction with New Japan, I wasn't trying to work for New Japan, I didn't give a **** about working for New Japan, all I cared about was working for WAR, and flying the banner as high as I could.

"When we worked for ECW, you're making hundreds of dollars a night, you're not making much and there were hundreds of people out there, maybe a thousand at the arena, but you would die for that company. It wasn't a gimmick, it was a revolution, and anybody that worked there in '95 will know what I am talking about. You believed in that company, you believed in Paul Heyman, you believed that we were the best company in the world, were we the biggest, no, did we have the most notoriety, no… but were we better than anybody else, yes. And when you talked that way, and you act that way, the fans believe it.

"Those fans would have died for ECW back then I guarantee it. That's the attitude you have to have. I don't care if TNA is the worst company in the world, I don't care. Once you sign a contract for there, you work for Dixie Carter, and you do the best you can to make people believe it's the best company in the world, and if all you're doing is **** about WWE, then go **** work for WWE, or act like a has been that used to work there. TNA should be the best place in the world to work, and if you don't believe that, the fans won't believe it, they're not gonna buy your product, they're not gonna believe your product, and they're not gonna watch your product."

Read More Here

He is 100% correct!

telvisnostic

[106]Feb 22, 2011

ProwrestlingdotNet wrote:
    Snow's thoughts on wrestlers using twitter to air grievances: "It shouldn't be a venue to air gripes or complaints, by no means. The wrestling business was a closed business for a very long time (Jimmy can attest to this). It's kinda like remember when you were a kid, and you were at home and something would happen within your family and it was never spoken outside of the house because it was your family.

"It was nobody else's business because nobody else could appreciate or understand the situation, and therefore, would pass judgment on something they really didn't have a part in. Because at the end of the day, the only people who are gonna have to go to bed with it and wake up with it are you and your family – and that's kinda like the wrestling business."

On TNA talent using social forums (via Twitter) to comment on the competition: "We're the ones who rely on and depend on the wrestling business for our livelihood and how we're gonna feed our families. So why throw dirt on each other and throw muck around, or air out our grievances or talk about the competition in a public forum.

"It's okay to do all of those things amongst ourselves, but once it goes outside those doors, and goes into an area where people don't have a real stake in what happens or what it being said then it's like your cousin Jim who went to jail – you don't want to share that with anybody because he's your cousin – he's your family."

Snow on the term "smart mark": The most oxymoronic term out there is a 'smart-mark. Just doesn't exist. Because how can you be smart at something – knowing somebody is lying to you, while actually believing the lie. It's a term created by fans who believe they're on the inside of something that they're not really on the inside of. They're not a part of the business because they don't have a real stake in it."

"A great example is if you ask what was the best match of WrestleMania 3. Most people would say Savage/Steamboat. But it was Hogan/Andre because 93,000 people paid to see Hogan/Andre. The best match isn't about 'working' or 'taking the best bumps', it's the match that draws the most people and makes the most money. That's the best match."

Snow on his job description as a producer for TNA: A communicator who conveys message from an agents meeting to determine what type of business we want to accomplish from a particular match – pushing a storyline, getting a babyface over, make a character, put heat on a heel, or start teaching the audience (six months out) that a certain guy could be a champion so that six months later he becomes a viable threat/contender to the title (in the eyes of the audience)."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10016923.shtml

Edited on 02/22/2011 2:07pm

Deadnight-Majin

[107]Feb 24, 2011
    • level: 18

Al Snow wrote:
    A great example is if you ask what was the best match of WrestleMania 3. Most people would say Savage/Steamboat. But it was Hogan/Andre because 93,000 people paid to see Hogan/Andre. The best match isn't about 'working' or 'taking the best bumps', it's the match that draws the most people and makes the most money. That's the best match.
    The match that draws the most people and makes the most money is the best match from a business standpoint (and I don't argue that that is the most important thing), but it's ridiculous to consider something to be match of the night for that reason, rather than how much you enjoyed the match. That's like declaring one film is better than another because it did better at the box office.

telvisnostic

[108]Feb 24, 2011

Wrestlezone wrote:
    TNA star Hulk Hogan recently did an interview with Peter Rosenberg of HOT 97 FM. Hogan hyped the Impact taping in Fayetteville, NC being held tonight, and had the following to say concerning The Rock's return to WWE:

"That is one of the reasons me and Vince McMahon don't get along because we disagree on wrestling theory. He's a genius. He has done a great job keeping the business alive and keeping it rolling."

When asked if there was something Hogan didn't like about Rock's return: "Yeah, yeah. There is certain ways to do things. You know, for The Rock to come out and say, we've gone from Austin 3:16 to The People's Champion to all of a sudden, you can't see me (in whiny voice). They spent so much time building John Cena up. If it was me I would have said, from the Austin era to The People's Champion era to John Cena. And I just gotta know in my heart whose the better man. There is a way to really build somebody up. You know.

All of a sudden in three or four seconds he had the whole arena screaming that Cena sucks. Sometimes I just don't understand the philosophy because John Cena is going to be there all the time. And even though The Rock said he was back, he was only back for one day. He isn't going to be there wrestling every single week like John Cena is, you know, holding it down and keeping it real. All that stuff is scripted, they have Stephanie McMahon and writers telling The Rock exactly what to say. I just didn't understand why they wanted to destroy Cena so quickly." You can listen to the full interview if you CLICK HERE.

That is a different way to look at it.

telvisnostic

[109]Feb 24, 2011

Remember when Mrs. Carter answered some questins? Well the fans are back and don't hold their tongue either.

NoDQ wrote:
    Here is some feedback that TNA fans are sending to Dixie Carter's Twitter account @TNADixie. And remember, if you tell her to fire Vince Russo, she will fire somebody else...

TemporaryThings: @TNADixie Please let the segments play out on impact. I can't even grasp what is happening before you cut to another scene. Doesn't soak in. I'm a big fan, I just wish there was time to take it all in before another segment is rushed in. It loses value.

WrestleWrestle: Y'know @TNADixie , if you're that driven to flush money down the toilet, you could just send it to me and save everyone a lot of pain.

MsRandyOrtonXo: @TNADixie Listen Dixie Carter. We wanna see more of Mickie James on TNA. WTH learn to book her right! Don't bury her already. Damn! -Nazzy

PocketVolcano: @TNADixie Seriously, just close up the company. Your talent is severely underpaid (esp the women) and you keep rehashing WCW stuff. Stop.

AreYouHie: @TNADixie when can i take over creative control of TNA? im pretty sure i'd bring in more viewers with much better "surprises"

bookerg: Only 1/2 an hour to go till @TNAwrestling & @tnadixie disappoint me with another overhyped "shocking surprise"! Who-hoo!

Lamou420: @TNADixie enough with the surprises already. We all know you can't deliver. Every time #tna announce a "big surprise" it's a let down.

CdnOtakuGamer: Actually, the big surprise is that @TNADixie brought a big cake for everyone... But Matt Hardy ate it all backstage.

GrappleKingdom: Dear @TNADixie and @TNAwrestling - see how @WWE announced Sin Cara? THAT is how you make an impact in the wrestling world.

EmJayEch: The WWE is horrible & they lost me as a fan years ago, TNA is my CHOICE but TNA has opportunity and they BLOW IT BIG TIME. F-THIS @tnadixie

canadianbulldog: Dear @TNADixie - Nice "Surprise". Maybe next time you can surprise us with a wrestling promotion that doesn't absolutely f***ing suck.

XDustinEFLX: @TNADixie: Instead of paying your wrestlers more,you're wasting more money on a second Jersey Shore 'star'? Are you stupid?

I put this part below in spoiler tags because the surprise is talked about for next week's show.

***SPOILER***

Deadnight-Majin

[110]Feb 25, 2011
    • level: 18

I thought the spoiler was that Sting came back. I did not expect THAT.

Commence rant:

***SPOILER***

No, I need to keep going.

***SPOILER***

telvisnostic

[111]Feb 25, 2011

Him being the surprise was the surprise. The other part is just an added bonus.

I figured they'd have him return at Lockdown as like yet another mystery partner. Here's hoping his return and reign has nothing to do with Hogan at all.

Edited on 02/27/2011 3:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

telvisnostic

[112]Feb 27, 2011

Why so angry Honky Tonk Man?!

HTM wrote:

"You guys keep asking what's the issue with Hogan. Here's the deal. Hogan is in a back brace and without it he is on a walker as an old crippled **** of a man who could only be found with his feet in Lard Ass Bubba's ass. You ask why HTM doesn't like Hogan?

Jeff Jarrett approached HTM for a TNA merchandise deal in 2010 and "sent" a contract. Contract never came. HTM signs with WWE & Mattel. The same time, Hogan and Bischoff join TNA and Bischoff publicly insults HTM. HTM is called up for the "Hogan & Friends Tour", went to the show and had a great event with the boys and the fans. HTM and Jimmy Hart spend hours setting up the show, spots etc. HTM and his web team promote "Hulk and Friends" everywhere which Hogan's agent praised and admitted none of the other stars did! Bubba the lard sponge calls out HTM on his radio show so HTM posted a video owning Bubba in retaliation. Hogan goes off without seeing the facts and HTM is off the tour.

HTM went to Hogan's room on the Hogan & Friends tour and spent hours talking to Hogan. Hogan was nice to HTM's face. That's the deal with Hogan. That's always the deal with Hulk Hogan. Ask Vince McMahon or Randy Savage.Hogan is a walking dead because he went with that travelling door to door meat salesman Bischoff instead of hanging with the guys who stood beside him and once again turned on WWE. McMahon's done with Hogan and WWE have no interest in his dead ass. They put over Hogan, built him up as Babe Ruth and he spat in their face. Hogan was due to wrestle John Cena at a recent past WrestleMania but couldn't commit due to his health issues then announces at Vince's backyard MSG that he's signed with TNA. Now after taking TNA nowhere Hogan's had to take a pay cut with TNA and mark my words within 6 months he'll be gone.

What is WWE going to do with a free agent crippled Hulk Hogan? Nothing. They own the entire back cataloge, anything of worth they have. Hogan has his chance to be the Babe Ruth of WWE and spat in their face. He demands top money from Vince and has nothing in return to offer. Hogan's "Hulk & Friends" Tour is dead in the water. Events were canceled due to poor ticket sales and performance and Hogan's $100k fee demand while paying his fellow boys $3k.

THQ recently signed Hogan to WWE Allstars as his contract allows for outside licensing which is a slap in the face to TNA. Would McMahon let any WWE star sign a TNA merchandise deal? How is that taking "the company to the next level" Brother!.

The guys in the back have no respect for Hogan and Nash is laughing his ass off now that Hogan is broke and Nash is back as a player.

A major TNA backstage player has bolted TNA for WWE, someone close to Hogan which has left Hogan reeling. More on that to come..

Hulkamania killed itself.

HTM Team"

Crulex1369

[113]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 26
    ^ Hahahaha! Uh, why so serious, Honky Tonk?

telvisnostic

[114]Feb 28, 2011

Busted Open wrote:

Matt Hardy on being in TNA: "It's been great. For me it's really revitalized my love and passion of the business. I didn't realize like the last six or eight months I was with WWE that actually that uncomfortable, miserable and unhappy I was going into work. That's not a shot against WWE. I mean WWE is a phenomenal, great, company. They [WWE] did so many great things for me. They made me a star. I wouldn't be sitting here with you right now if it weren't for them. I'm grateful to everyone there who's you know done so many good things for me and allowed me to have the great living that I have. It just came to a point where there were several different circumstances that kind of came into play. It was just time for me to move on and do something different."

Matt Hardy on "Cold Blood" and his conditioning: "No this all mine [Creation of Cold Blood Character]. It's very similar to the 'Mattitude' version, one thing that was all mine too. Both of those drew from real life. You know 'Cold Blood' actually comes from just my theories like…about a year and a half ago whenever I had my abdominal injuries I just remember getting into my surgery and the surgeon actually told me 'Well I know you love wrestling and you've pretty much done it for your entire adult life, but you might not be able to wrestle after this.' That was a pretty hard pill to swallow. I was going 'Wow. I didn't know it was this bad.'

Even after I had that surgery I found out I had intestinal issues where almost like you have a water hose and you can't get water through the hose. I have two spots, almost three, two and half I guess in my intestines. I had to change my diet. I had to completely re-invent it actually steak is something I can't eat at all. I never eat steak and I hate that because I eat steak all the time. Red meat is out. Between that and I felt like you know a lot of my fans that had always supported me, which were the hardcore fans, earn it fans. They definitely didn't mind making fun of me because of injuries or because my pants looked different, which wasn't terribly drastic. Which is funny because compared to a normal person it's not really anything in the scheme of things.

Actually when I started with TNA I knew I would never have three or four months off again, so I tried to do all good to gain size and than I was just going to die down. I will continue to get in better shape because now I know what I can put into my body and what I can't. That was kind of scary. That was a whole new thing in life to kind of figure out, so there's like little things I can't eat and some things I can, but between that and when Jeff showed up on that January 4 show, when they did the Monday impact you know I got a call from Johnny Ace.

"Matt. What's going on?' I don't know Johnny. He said, 'Is Jeff showing up there? How could you let him do this?' I mean I'm not him like you know I kept getting phone calls saying 'Is he there? What's he doing?' Ever since that day on Jeff didn't have intentions of signing with TNA. You know I think Jeff was rubbed wrong by how they…you know they had Dr.Sampon [WWE] go out and mention his legal situation. I think from that point on he was rubbed the wrong way by WWE and he got an awesome deal to go there and he's real happy to go there because the schedule is so much more laid back. Also the environment is laid back, but between Jeff going and just like you know I was working so much. I just couldn't get time off. I couldn't get my body right. I couldn't get my mind right. I ended up just being unhappy.

"I needed a change and TNA became that change for me. That's where 'Cold Blooded' came from because I'm always the guy you know like people always say 'Do you see the glass half full or half empty?' I always go 'Well it's half full.' Actually I always say 'It's like two-thirds full.' You know more than half-full because I've had a great life. I have nothing to complain about and I'm happy you know pretty much every day of my life.

"It's one of those things like I drew from those bad experiences, from my last few months in WWE for how some of the hard-core fans treated me to how I felt was pretty unfair considering there were a lot of things out of my control like physical issues. Sacrifices I made like throwing myself off three-foot ladders, through tables, for twelve/thirteen years. You know that does make you 'Cold Blooded' to a degree, so that's actually where all that's drawn from. I wanted to build on it as time goes. The character is really in it's beginning stages. It's in 101 now. I have a lot of really cool ideas going forward."

Matt Hardy on John Cena's promo on Raw in response to The Rock: "Umm I actually caught the highlights back on YouTube. Actually thought that's something John's needed for a while. He just kind of needed an edge because the 'PG thing' is one thing that I think TNA they have an advantage over WWE it's like I don't think they have to go crazy as far as bleeding or swearing or sex, violence, whatever. It's nice they don't have a super tight parameter to be in and all these boundaries.

"For the longest time John would come on and go 'Yeah and all this PG and all this PG.' It's just like I think pushing your audience, like the 18-to-34 you're looking for out the door, it's like I don't want to hear that and for John to have that little edge again. I think that was important. He needed that you know. They're not in the grand scheme of things [WWE targeting an 18-to-34 audience], but when it comes down to advertising bucks and the demographics. That's the demographics that make money. In the big scheme of things that's what it's all about."

Matt Hardy on his supposed heat backstage (for commenting on Twitter about being responsible for ratings boost in TNA): "God I love the Internet. No I mean obviously sure it's 'tongue-in-cheek.' Even I don't have the popularity of Jeff, but still as I wrestle as a hill like when I go out it's a baby faced reaction. I really have to work hard and bust it to get the crowd to turn against me, but that's my whole goal.

"Even on Twitter I've played on those things, obviously I would never come out and say those things in a serious light. That's just like saying if I cut a promo on TV obviously I'm going to say stuff that's full of stuff that is trash you know. It's the same thing on Twitter I incorporate things here, there or whatever. People that are intelligent much like yourself like you said it was 'tongue-in-cheek,' they know the difference. It's supposed to be entertaining to a degree."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10017028.shtml

telvisnostic

[115]Mar 4, 2011

NoDQ wrote:
    - Dixie Carter recently appeared on The Total Nonstop Podcast to promote last night's iMPACT and here are some highlights, courtesy of PW Torch:

Re-signing Sting for last night's show:
    "We do have one big surprise and I think the thing about surprises is there are very few of them in this business; there's very few sure things. This is something I've worked on and I've worked on very hard. To me, this is one of the sure things, for me, in this business. People will have to tune in and see. I hope they are as happy and excited as I am."

Having a role on TV:
    "It's something I never wanted to do, but I took a tremendous amount of pressure. It's pretty hard when someone looks at you and says, 'Okay, if you could be a part of something that maybe makes an impact positively on the company,' why would you not do that? I think the reason is I didn't know if I could do it, quite honestly. I think I've gone from absolutely not wanting to do it to it's just more of an evolution of me how I've grown in this role since I first started."

More TNA programming:
    "Having more shows on television in the U.S., to me, is a critical element of our growth. It's hard to compete with two hours of TV against ten or 12 hours of television (from WWE) every week."

Taking iMPACT on the road:
    "We know that it would be important to take Impact out and tour, but when I talk about running this company like a business, I don't put my head on the pillow every night without thinking about staying in business and turning a profit and giving these great wrestlers and fans a company 10, 15, 20 years from now. And we have to make good business decisions."

"Touring is extremely expensive. It's extremely expensive to take a production like we have on the road for television. We have to be smart about it. Yes, we know it's critical. Yes, we know it's absolutely the next step in the evolution of TNA... For us to grow, we need to take Impact on the road."

telvisnostic

[116]Mar 8, 2011

PWinsider wrote:
    Eric Bischoff appeared on Monday Night Mayhem yesterday. Highlights:

Bischoff was at the North Carolina Impact tapings live and watched it on television too. He liked the energy and a large crowd, not a soundstage crowd. He liked the vibe/feel of the show as it was completely different than what they were used to.

He said that for TNA to get to the next level, they need to find a way to get their show out in the arenas so that they can have that credibility. He said that people at home need to feel that energy as it translates. He says it would make them relevant. He said Fayetteville proved they can do it and that it works.

The host says it looked very good. Host asks that if Spike would like to do this more often or again. Bischoff said Spike executives at the Fayetteville taping and that they are usually there at Impact Zone. There were more at Fayetteville. Bischoff said everyone agreed it was a phenomenal experience. He said presenting the product in a soundstage vs an arena is night and day, but they are trying to find a way.

Bischoff said finances is a factor, but scheduling is a part of it too: finding venues. If they were going to take half the Impacts out of the Impact Zone, finding venues. How does this fit into production meets? Bischoff said it's about finances, logistics, scheduling.

Fan asked a question about Matt Morgan's future. Bischoff said Morgan has a bright future with TNA. He said Morgan is a likely candidate for world championship: good athlete, has credibility with the audience and is growing as a performer/professional every time he is on camera. Says Morgan's odds are good or better to be world champion.

Question on Sting as world champion and what he can give to the company at this point in his career. Bischoff said in the right decision, Sting has a tremendous amount to offer. Bischoff says it's obvious and everyone watching can see the audience reaction. He says Sting has brand equity, name recognition, and is one of the few characters that has stayed consistently in the limelight for the last 15 years or more.

What does TNA have to do to not fall under the shadow of WrestleMania. Bischoff said WrestleMania a lot of media attention, a big event, been around so long, and clearly wrestling fans all over the world are thinking about it. Bischoff said it would be silly to try and compete with that awareness because they don't have that awareness. That being said, if TNA continues to build nice slow steady consistent momentum like they have over the past few months, continue to fine tune their presentation, find that edge on their product and keep the audience engaged, then TNA will do their best to keep producing. When WrestleMania is over, hopefully they'll gain more momentum and fan interest in their product.

Fan asks about TNA ReAction as the fan said it was great for the TNA product. He asked if it could have been presented on a different day. Bischoff said it was never discussed. He said ReAction was supposed to be a preview show as opposed to a post show that was discussed in Spring of last year. Bischoff said ReAction was a great way to present characters in a different way. He said he understood why the network didn't think it made long term sense. He says he thinks the ReAction production style will be more integrated into Impact more.

WWE bringing in Snooki vs TNA and Angelina. Bischoff says it wouldn't take anything away from Angelina from Jersey Shore. Bischoff says Jersey Shore was one of the hottest shows on cable television. TNA was fortunate/smart to be able to bring some of that brand equity over to benefit from the press and exposure that resulted from it. Bischoff doesn't think WWE doing anything with Snooki is going to change the benefit TNA has already gained from it. TNA has already benefited as much as possible at this point. Bischoff doesn't think it will benefit WWE too much. Bischoff says it's flattering as they say about imitation.

3-3-11 vignettes. What is the thought process of using that style of vignette when WWE did it with 2-21-11 for Undertaker. Bischoff said he had nothing to do with it. Bischoff was rather surprised when he saw it. He won't go deeper into that. He doesn't understand the thought process as he wasn't a part of it.

A female fan called in and asked what TNA would do to attract more female fans to TNA. Bischoff said they try to appeal to the male audience by bringing in hot women and keeping in few clothes on them. Bischoff asks the fans what she would like to see.

(I believe MondayNightMayhem hangs up on callers after the call)

Question on Bret Hart saying he would have Bischoff/Hogan tar and feathered, and that Hogan is a two-faced steroid freak that deserved everything he got.

Question to Eric was his thoughts on these comments. Bischoff said he was with Bret Hart and picked him up at an airport when he was on a flight to LA when Owen died. Bret heard about the death of Owen while he was on the plane.

Bischoff said he felt he had developed a relationship. Eric said Hart needs someone to hate in order to feel significant himself. When Eric picked Bret up from the airport and was distraught. Bischoff consoled him as best he could even though he didn't have much of a relationship with Bret, not friends/acquaintances for a long time. He said during the time he worked with Bret, he never had a bad word with Bret. He said he had gifts from Bret that were personal: stuff from American History / Cowboy/Indian culture. It's one of Bischoff's prized possessions.

Bischoff said Bret needs someone to hate to feel good about himself. Bischoff said when Hart worked for him, he hated McMahon. He said stuff he said about McMahon were understandable, what happened to his brother. But Bret was consistent in his hatred, and wasn't planning on working with McMahon/HBK/HHH. Hart was grateful to being with Hulk and Bischoff. The minute Bret is associated with WWE, he goes back to hating Hogan and Bischoff. Bischoff said he likes Bret and never stopped liking him as person and respecting him as a professional.

Bischoff feels it sad that Bret needs that to feel good about himself, a dark hole in his soul and has to fill it up with hate. That is Bischoff's interpretation.

Question about bringing in Kurt/Jeff's kids and whether it makes it too personal and not relate-able to the general audience. Bischoff said there isn't a cookie cutter answer. He said every situation is unique. Bischoff said everyone was comfortable that everyone was comfortable. He said everyone was dealing with the pressure of it in a healthy, constructive way that has no negative ramifications with the children or anyone else. Bischoff said it ended up being a great story, is great, and is the type of story that people can relate to than they can relate to in other stories.

He said child custody, divorced parents is part of everyday life. Perhaps because everyone can relate to it made it uncomfortable makes it okay. He believes in reality-based story and as long as everyone is comfortable with it, can emotionally/psychologically do it, then it's fine. He's not suggesting that everyone does it as the outcome may not be pleasant, but in this case, he was sure everyone would be.

How much of an impact with the loss of Jimmy Hart have on TNA? Bischoff says "absolutely none". He wishes Jimmy the best, is happy and feels it's great for Jimmy. As for negative impact for TNA, he said that's a stretch of the imagination.

Now that Abyss is off television and cannot defend the television title, what will happen to it? Bischoff said we'll find out in weeks to come.

Question from Twitter asks how intrigued Bischoff is regarding the Best of WCW Nitro DVD that will be released and whether Bischoff will check it out. Bischoff said he probably won't check it out. He said anything WWE does to acknowledge WCW or Nitro will be done in a way to benefit WWE from certain people's egos, in a way to rewrite history. He doesn't think it will give the proper recognition it should get. Bischoff won't watch it as a result. He hopes he is wrong. He said it would be hard for McMahon and Kevin Dunn to acknowledge the fact that WCW/Bischoff had to teach them literally how to become a two-hour live television event every week, teach them how to change their formula how to survive. He said it's a tough pill for upper management in WWE to swallow at this point.

What is a typical day like in Eric Bischoff's life? Bischoff says there is no typical day. When he is in Wyoming working 3-4 days out of a time, he likes to spend time outdoors as much as he possibly can. He wants to spend time messing with his mules, horses just to be outside, in the winter time. He likes to do fishing, hiking, hunting whenever he can. When it comes to work, he's usually up by 6:30 in the morning. It takes 45 mins to get things grinding. After drinking coffee, he checks his email, then goes on the phone and makes phone calls, following up on the day before. He says the last half of his day is dedicated in regards to writing, get email responses out of the way, and spend 2-3-4 hours a day either going through show notes, things already produced, or if he's in the middle of creating a project, he would spend 2 hours doing that. Usually it is then 8-9:30 at night and he would finish phone calls and catch up on TV. He says that changes every day.

There is a fan from "Nitro, Virginia". How would Bischoff like to see Charlie Sheen come to TNA Wrestling? Bischoff chuckles and says he'd love it! He says Charlie is getting a bad rap and he's out there pushing the envelope. Bischoff said he probably can't keep up with Sheen's extra cirricular activities even if he is younger. He said Sheen is a smart and talented guy and if you listen to some of the things he says, he can take some intelligent shots wrapped in Charlie Sheen bizarroness. He says Sheen is funny and intelligent. If there was a way to get Sheen to come to TNA, he'd be the first to make it happen!

It was announced that Charlie Sheen was officially fired by Warner Bros and CBS. He's unemployed and a free agent, the hosts note, so he needs to get people working on it. Bischoff said they might just do that. He said his partner Jason Hervey is a pretty good friend of Charlie so they may make it happen!

Fan asks about developmental territories and if TNA is planning on doing anything along those lines similar to NXT/Florida Championship Wrestling to build new talent. Bischoff said Team 3D's academy in Orlando is in good relationship with TNA. He said TNA looks at those talent from time to time. Bischoff is friends with Brian Knobs and has schools coming up. So he has some informal relationships with some of the talent they know. There's no formal relationship involved that he knows of.

How did the concept of Micro Championship Wrestling come about? How does he feel the venture of TruTV will stand out? Hogan called him almost two years ago and someone had MCW up and running. Hogan called Bischoff, Bischoff called Jason Hervey and saw potential. He thinks it's going to be a great show and they have started production. They're excited about it.

What are the main qualifications to look for to be a creative writer for a wrestling program? Bischoff says it's a tough question similar to how you can make a million dollars. To Eric, he says you definitely need to understand the psychology of the wrestling business. He has worked and continue to work with great writers outside of wrestling. He says some are Emmy award winners/nominated writers. He says their wrestling ideas makes him go "what the hell". It's simple but difficult and challenging for others. He said many don't understand the psychology of wrestling. He said that's a problem of the business: some don't understand fundamental psychology: some may understand the fundamental/business aspects and creative parts. But if you don't understand the basic fundamentals of storytelling that's unique to wrestling, more often than not, you'll miss the mark. He said those he'd be talking to, he'd really dive into the person's ability to understand psychology. He said he has talked to Emmy award winners that don't get the psychology of wrestling storytelling, other than throwing good ideas against the wall from time-to-time.

Question on last week's Impact rating. He says the reaction of the ratings were positive and that's because Spike/TNA's reaction is positive. Bischoff says TNA needs consistency. He says there won't be quite the buzz on this week's show. There was more buzz/anticipation for March 3rd than the next weeks. There's no benefit from Bart Scott and Jersey Shore. But they want to show the fans they can do a great show and build upon that over a long period of time. It wasn't designed to turn TNA around overnight. The plan was to show what it looked like for one night and build on that.

How has TNA progressed from last year to this year. Bischoff is happy with Immortal, with the current storyline. Bischoff says the next few months will be disciplined story building to Bound for Glory, with long term storylines. Immortal/TNA has a bright future and it's going to be a fun future.

Next month is the one year anniversary of "The Hot Seat with Eric Bischoff". May 2010 was the first show, however. Eric Bischoff's fan page on Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/TheEricBischoff

telvisnostic

[117]Mar 10, 2011

ScrippsNews wrote:
    A.J. Styles was overdue for some good fortune.

TNA Wrestling was set to introduce a collection of veteran grapplers that was being hyped as "They." But those plans were scuttled when Kevin Nash and Booker T (real name Robert Huffman) returned to World Wrestling Entertainment at January's "Royal Rumble" pay-per-view show rather than join Sting and Scott Steiner in TNA.

Forced to scramble for replacements, TNA matchmakers turned its Fortune faction of Styles, Kazarian and Beer Money (Robert Roode and James Storm) from villains to babyfaces to fill the "They" role. This has led to a more high-profile role for all four performers. Styles is now the unit's de facto leader in a feud against the 11-member Immortal sect led by Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff.

Styles said he wasn't that surprised when TNA's front office told him of plans to split Fortune from the Immortal group.

"I knew we eventually would have to go there anyway," Styles said during a Tuesday telephone interview. "Fans wanted to see Fortune turn on Immortal. They never wanted to see Fortune be a part of Immortal in the first place. When we teased going against them, it created a big rumble.

"I think it's a blessing in disguise that those guys took jobs with WWE. We're moving forward here with something I hoped that would be done."

At this time last year, Styles was the company's world champion. He defeated Sting (Steve Borden) in October 2009 in what at the time was hyped as a passing of the torch between a pro-wrestling icon and his successor. TNA also moved its weekly "Impact" telecasts from Thursday to Monday nights in hopes of competing head-to-head with World Wrestling Entertainment programming on USA Network.

Within two months, TNA had retreated back to Thursday nights and Styles had his title reign end after a company-record 211 days when losing to Rob Van Dam. Styles has remained a fixture on TNA programming, but wasn't given the same caliber of promotional push like when he was champion.

An attempt to package Styles with Ric Flair and groom him as the new Nature Boy was especially ill-conceived. A married 32-year-old father of three, Styles is well known among TNA fans as a family man rather than the playboy character Flair portrays both on and off camera.

"It didn't fit my personality at all," a laughing Styles said. "Ric casts a big shadow. I think I've learned more about how to get out of that shadow when I was up against him rather than with him. When you're with Ric, he's going to get your attention."

Styles, though, said he did benefit from being paired with the industry's greatest all-time performer.

"I definitely learned some stuff like the way to cut an (interview) and stuff like that," Styles said. "I respect him. Even though he's 62, he's still one of the most entertaining guys in pro wrestling."

If last year wasn't tumultuous enough, Styles also suffered his biggest injury since making his TNA debut on the company's first show in 2002. Styles suffered a torn hip labrum and hip flexor while playing with his kids during the Christmas holiday.

"I was probably hurt already anyway but I didn't realize how bad the injury was," said Styles, whose real name is Allen Jones. "It was excruciating pain. I couldn't even walk. The doctor was surprised that I've come back already. Maybe it's something about wrestlers in general healing faster. We're stubborn so we jump in early."

One leap that Styles is unwilling to take: Getting too wrapped up in whether TNA is going to spotlight younger talent alongside ex-WWE performers with more mainstream recognition. Asked whether the torch is being passed again with the Fortune push, Styles said, "I don't know. The whole thing with Sting and I, the torch was supposedly passed, but here he is back again (as TNA world champion). I don't know if there is a torch to be passed anymore because so many people change their mind about whether they're staying or going or retiring.

"The biggest thing is, I want to be part of something that everybody knows about whether it's Fortune or TNA, something that's as big as WWE. I'm not saying I want to go to WWE or anything like that. I want TNA to explode."

Styles faces Matt Hardy on Sunday's "Victory Road" pay-per-view emanating from Orlando, Fla. For more information, visit www.tnawrestling.com.

WrestlingNewsSource wrote:
    osted by: Ben Kerin of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Mar 10 2011
    Source: The Sun Newspaper

Kurt Angle noted in an interview with The Sun that he has no plans to return to WWE and wants to retire with TNA Wrestling. Here are some interview highlights:

On Working With Jeff Jarrett: "From a professional standpoint I think Jeff is one of the better wrestlers in TNA. But I'm not going to lie, we've had our personal differences. At one point I asked for a release here. Basically the choice was it would be me or Jeff, but they pulled Jeff off the air for a while and kept me on. As time went on and everybody's wounds healed, I was fine with Jeff coming back and my life seemed to be better. I found a woman I truly love and want to spend the rest of my life with. Jeff also found a woman — you know who it is — so it actually worked out for the better in the long run. I have mixed feelings. For me I don't have any pride as a character. I might give a little bit too much of myself to make the other wrestler look better. I wasn't worried it damaging my character as a wrestler. A lot of fans are upset and against what is going on — but they are watching. As much as I respect Jeff as a wrestler, as a person it's kind of hard to get close to him. When something like that happens, you start to question them. Do you trust them? That was the hardest part. How do I trust somebody that ended up with my former wife?"

The Rock Back In WWE: "I think it's great. I honestly believe that Rock misses wrestling. He loves the fans. He comes back partially to promote his movies, but the other part is his passion for the fans. He loves being out there and doing things live."

"He actually performs better when he is out in front of a crowd live. That's The Rock. I heard he cut a promo on Cena and I texted him saying I heard about it, and heard it was great. He's always been the best promo guy I've ever known."

His Future In Pro Wrestling: "My contract comes up in August/September. I'm going to re-evaluate. But I am NOT going anywhere else. I will stay in TNA, I just need to see how much I'm going to be wresting for them, whether part time or whatever amount of time, but I'm very happy in TNA. A lot of my fans have been asking 'When are you going back to WWE?' but I will retire here."
    Edited on 03/10/2011 5:58pm

qfrodri85

[118]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 27
    AJ Styles wrote:
    I want TNA to explode.

I lol'd.

telvisnostic

[119]Mar 16, 2011

Power Slam recently conducted an interview with Wayne Keown, better known as Dutch Mantel. Having been involved with the wrestling industry since 1973, he accepted a behind the scenes role with TNA Wrestling in 2003, where the company's booking strategy often clashed with his own. Dutch discussed his experience with TNA and explained the organization's booking philosophy.

After you left the IWA in 2003, you took a job on the TNA creative team. Your booking philosophy was at odds with TNA's during Vince Russo's early years with the company and after he officially returned in September 2006, I know you believe wrestling should be realistic, and feature clearly-defined characters and logical storylines which build to a conclusion. And, yet, you worked alongside Russo from September 2006 to summer 2009, a period in which TNA's output typically consisted of the reverse: puerile characters and nonsensical storylines in a package which was often congested viewers found it impossible to digest what they had just seen.

I like Dixie Carter, but you can't have too much [on iMPACT!]. They are so afraid somebody's going to change the channel and go somewhere else.

I think TNA's roster is much better than WWE's. But when you've got someone like AJ Styles, you've got to let him wrestle. You've also got to get your characters over. TNA to me is trying to do the same things that WWE is doing. They're trying to be a copy — and not a good one — instead of being the alternative. [TNA] has come under criticism ... but the company can do what they want to do. Then again, I spent six years there watching them do things differently to how I would do them.

When Russo proposed ideas which you thought were ridiculous during creative meetings, would you object to them?

Everything in TNA was done by committee, by vote. I'll say this about Vince: he has some pretty decent ideas at the start, but what he's lacking — and Bret Hart, "Stone Cold" and even Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have said this as well — is the execution of the ideas. You've got to take a good idea all the way through to the end of the process. And when the ideas failed, as most of them did, well ... Look [TNA] was a committee. If the committee decided that was the way to they wanted to go, then I would say, "Okay, let's do it.

If people in power realize that the "execution of the ideas" in which Russo is "lacking", why doesn't somebody force him to rectify this and do his job properly?

Well, I don't know.

Russo can't see how flawed his approach is. If he could, he would have corrected it years ago. I think the burning question is, why is the man still employed by TNA?

I do think his major attribute is being able to stay employed. I don't know how he does it to tell you the truth. When I was there, we got a 1.3 rating. Since I left in July 2009 (note: interview was conducted in January), they haven't gone above a 1.3. We're 18 months later, and TNA has got Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, and the ratings haven't even gone up. Look, I wish them all the best in the world, I really do. I like Jeff Jarrett and Dixie — but if you expressed an opinion in TNA, sometimes [the booking team] would look at you like you'd just spit on the Pope. I spoke a language they didn't speak. I spoke wrestling. They don't speak that.

-TNAWrestlingNews.com

telvisnostic

[120]Apr 9, 2011

Sting speaks:

DailyStarUK wrote:
    TNA Champion and ring legend Sting says Jeff Hardy is on the road to recovery.

Last month saw one of the worst finishes to a PPV in living memory, when TNA's Victory Road descended into farce in a championship match between Sting and Jeff Hardy.

Hardy was circling the airport at best, forcing Sting to pin him in seconds, turning the main event into non-event.

TNA offered US fans free access to their in-demand subscription channel in lieu of a refund. Fortunately for us in the UK we get it free on Challenge, as JJ never tires of reminding us!

In another sizzling FT exclusive Sting tells all, saying: "I love Jeff Hardy. I don't want to do anything to harm him. He has personal issues, everyone knows that. "But some things are true and some are not. What is true is that it all came to a head that week and hit really big that night.

"I hated what happened because I wanted to give fans a great match. But I realise it had to happen the way it did.

"And after all was said and done I came to the back and made sure he was OK. "He is OK and he's been talking to people close to him a lot. Jeff is getting stronger. He's riding 10 miles a day on his mountain bike to get in condition,
    I hear! Good luck to him."

The match very nearly never happened for another reason. Sting had some serious contract issues with TNA, amid the WWE rumours we covered last week. It was by no means certain he would be wrestling for anyone.

He tells me: "The whole thing was shocking to me. "To make a long story short it was all down to miscommunication. If you turn the clock back when WWE and Vince bought WCW and wrestling ended the way it ended for me, it was horrible.

"There was potential for that to happen again this time. "The last things I did were the TVs in October and I had every intention of coming back in January this year. But we were not coming to any kind of agreement contractually.

"We had to work through those things and right up to my return itself, I thought it wasn't going to happen."

TNA head into Lockdown next weekend with a serious opportunity. WWE were off the boil with their big show, while Ring of Honour in particular were very good last weekend.

There is a viable alternative to a frankly stale product, which apparently now Vince is trying to distance from the word "wrestling".

FT can't see the FA calling football "entertainment kickball" and pulling it off, can you? Sting says after a weird 2010, this coming year is a fantastic opportunity, telling me he might be in the UK in October.

He says: "I believe that fans will look back on 2011 as special for TNA. "Some critics on the internet despise TNA.

"And as a wrestler, I am never going to be able to please the guys who want to get rid of the dinosaur but I don't read those things too much.

"If I did I'd probably shoot myself! HA!" "What matters is the crowd in the arena. I think we have to take Impact and PPVs on the road.

"There have been times which were almost surreal when I've thought, wow it's like time stood still.

"But as long as we don't lose sight of reality our audience will continue to grow."

Sting can be seen every Tuesday night on TNA iMPACT! at 10pm on Challenge TV.

srykd;tukptu

-Someone needs to esplain to me what riding an ATV for 10 miles a day has to do with getting back into wrestling shape.

Edited on 04/10/2011 9:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.