TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

Interviews

Crulex1369

[121]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 26
    telvisnostic wrote:

-Someone needs to esplain to me what riding an ATV for 10 miles a day has to do with getting back into wrestling shape.

Maybe it means that he is sober enough to not fall off the ATV? I don't know either. Makes no sense. Since when can you ride an ATV in rehab? And even Sting says TNA needs to get out of Orlando. Someone please get it into Dixie and Co's head.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[122]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 52

Crulex1369 wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    -Someone needs to explain to me what riding an ATV for 10 miles a day has to do with getting back into wrestling shape.
    Maybe it means that he is sober enough to not fall off the ATV? I don't know either. Makes no sense. Since when can you ride an ATV in rehab? And even Sting says TNA needs to get out of Orlando. Someone please get it into Dixie and Co's head.
    I don't get it either. The man should be focused on on GETTING BETTER mentally and physically.

I'm with you there, get into their heads please, even if it's for the PPVs and 1 show a month.

telvisnostic

[123]Apr 14, 2011

ProWrestlingNet wrote:
    Monday Night Mayhem with Eric Bischoff
    Hosts: The Big Mosh and "The Chairman of the Board" Todd Vincent
    Report by Paterson from N.J.
    Airs every Monday at 6:00 P.M. (CT)
    Show available at MondayNightMayhem.com.

What Jeff Hardy could effectively give back to TNA if a return to the company facilitates itself and his reaction to the closing moments of the Victory Road Pay-Per-View: "I'm the wrong person to ask that question of, and I shouldn't be. I can't understand why I feel the way I feel, therefore I certainly can't explain it. I'm still angry at Jeff Hardy, so it's hard for me to discuss what I think he could do or should do, because until I quit being angry at him and about the situation, whatever would come out of my mouth would probably be counterproductive."

How the TNA return of "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels came to fruition and why he was "very happy when he came back": "I don't really want to go into the behind the scenes of it. I was impressed with Chris when I first came to TNA. I was surprised when he left the company, but I understand it was business. There were changes, and decisions, and moves that had to be made, but I also knew that everyone in TNA fully expected to have Chris back at some point. I was very happy when he came back. He's a good athlete, he's a good character, and I'm interested to see how that character evolves as the weeks and months go by."

His opinion of the wrestling promotion that used the Scott Hall incident from last weekend to promote their Internet pay-per-view: "I'm not gonna judge them. I wasn't there, I don't know what led up to it, I don't know what kind of shape Scott was in before he went out. Was he stumbling around backstage for 2 to 3 hours? Was it obvious that he was in that shape? Did he show up two minutes before he had to go out and they had to scramble? I don't know because I wasn't there. I'm not going to pass judgment on them for letting him go out. I came across the video, and my wife and I watched it together, and it was very sad. I wasn't angry at the promoters for showing it and recording it. I was just sad for Scott."

His reaction to the WWE's decision to re-brand its company, eliminating the word "wrestling" from its name: What is Eric's thoughts about the WWE taking out the word "wrestling" from the name: "I think it's kind of odd to be honest with you. I understand from a marketing point of view the pressure that he's under. Professional wrestling is and has always been a tough sell in the advertising community and mainstream television community, simply because it doesn't fit into a particular niche. That's always been a challenge in our industry, but at the same time, it's the thing that makes us unique, and it's the one thing that makes wrestling fans as loyal as they are. To knowing alienate or turn your back to such a large passionate group of fans, I understand it but I don't necessarily agree with that. Time will tell if Vince made a right decision or if this will be another XFL moment."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10017969.shtml

telvisnostic

[124]May 13, 2011

Gunner on the condition of Shane Helms? "I haven't necessarily spoken to him, but I do know he's doing a little better. He's still stitched up and beat up and I believe he's still in the hospital. He got lucky, and we thank God for that he's still able to walk and keep wrestling in the near future. He's gonna have to maybe have a few surgeries I believe, but he is doing a little bit better... still in high spirits as always."

Who in locker room has given him constructive criticism and positive reinforcement? "I would say D-Lo. D-Lo Brown has been a big help with me. He helped me a few times when I did some extra spots with WWE back in the past….the past three or four years. And when he came to TNA, it was awesome. I was just doing the security thing at the time so D-Lo has been a big….somewhat of a father figure for me. D'Lo Brown, when it comes to matches and stuff, he's always grabbing me and saying, 'Don't do this, don't do that' or 'You did this ok.'"

Gunner on his match against Christopher Daniels a few weeks back on Impact: "I was really nervous going into this match with (Christopher) Daniels cause it was my first big TV Title defense and my first big opportunity to show what I had. Daniels is an amazing athlete and I got mad respect for him, a man whose been doing it for a while. To go out there and have the match that I did, when I came through the curtain, it was one of those things the guys actually told me good job. You know, I heard good job from guys I've never heard it before so it means a lot when your co-workers and peers tell you good job out there. I felt comfortable that night, and it helped me in the long run as I go back out to the Impact Zone or doing house shows and PPVs, I felt like I'm in my niche now. I can just go out there and be Shatter/Gunner."

Gunner on whether he has any input in his character development?: The good thing about TNA is, and I love the company... they give you a lot of opportunities to give input on your character development. I really like that. I kinda just took the Shatter war character that I used with the NWA and just put that in Gunner a little more amplified for TV. TNA gives their guys a lot of opportunities to develop their own characters, to be their own person, to do what they want to do, and I definitely got a lot of input doing what I want to do for Gunner."

Gunner, a U.S. Marine, on the death of Osama Bin Laden: I'm glad he's gone, man. I watched a little special the other night on all the Afghanistan stuff and Osama and the man, he's got a lot of followers and I think with him out of the picture, it could hopefully get us out of there. Obviously, there's always going to be those little terrorist groups that just want to keep going and follow him. It's definitely a big stepping stone for the United States. I know Jesse Neal, who was on the USS Cole in 2000 or 2001, I believe they got bombed over in Yemen, so he was definitely glad to see all that stuff happen."

Credit: Various sites

http://bustedopen.net/

A match with Phil before he was Gunner-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlSn0Z_z9VY

telvisnostic

[125]May 16, 2011

Please note that this interview was pretaped before the announcement of TNA Impact becoming Impact Wrestling, and before the news that Brock Lesnar had to pull out of his upcoming UFC fight because of his condition.

Angle on his Olympic comeback: "I started training two weeks ago. I'm not allowed to really talk about but I'm gonna make a formal press conference in August. I will be training with my nephew who's never tried out and it's gonna give him that opportunity to realize his dream….to not say 'What if? Why didn't I try?' So him and I had a long two hour conversation one night and we were very serious about it. I mentioned it on WTAE in Pittsburgh and it just went out like wildfire. I'm very serious about it. I am going to do it and I believe I have a very good shot."

Angle on whether he still have the passion for wrestling: "I love wrestling. I will always love wrestling, but now for me, it's a job. My responsibility is to have the best match on the card every time I go out there and I usually do. That's my job, and I get paid very well to do it, and I don't want to quit wrestling because that's getting me to where I can get my Angle Foods where I need it to go. It's also getting me so I can train for the Olympics. TNA is going to give me time off to train. If I make the Olympic Team, obviously I'll have to leave for 3 months to train in Europe. So TNA has been a blessing for me to be able to do this. I don't think I could have done it in the other company."

Angle on whether he's still the best in the business and whether he still loves pro wrestling: "I could retire. I made enough money to sit back the rest of my life and retire, but I do love it. I know that if I left now, I would miss it significantly. I am signing a new deal with TNA right as we speak. It's another three and a half year deal. It will be part time, I'll be doing very few house shows, I'll be doing a number of TVs and I promised I'll do all the pay-per-views. My wrestling will calm down. I've been more of a TV/PPV schedule and a lot less of the house shows. I'd rather wrestle six days a month than doing what I'm doing right now which is 18. With WWE, I was probably doing 18-24 so I'm almost as busy as I was then and I went to TNA to back off so we came to an agreement that I should definitely be taking off house shows and be able to rest and recuperate."

Angle on the Jeff Hardy incident at the end of the Victory Road PPV: "That was an unfortunate situation where I think Jeff realizes it now. Whatever he did...this is something that's been talked about many times. Jeff made a mistake. If he was going to take any form of, let's say, sleep medication... he probably should've waited an hour before he did that. Jeff made a bad decision and he's learned from it.

"Jeff has been clean for the last month and he wants to come back and he's ready to come back and I believe that he won't make that mistake it again. But it did happen. I felt really bad. I felt bad for TNA, I felt bad for Jeff, I felt bad for the company. Jeff Hardy is an amazing wrestler. I have nothing bad to say about him, actually I love the kid. I wrestled Jeff at his best and I wrestled Jeff at his worst, and it's night and day."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10018482.shtml

telvisnostic

[126]May 26, 2011

NoDq wrote:
    Thanks to Martin H. for sending in the following recap:

Bischoff said Macho Man's death hit him pretty hard when he first heard of it. Hogan called him about it. Bischoff said it's still hitting him now but he hasn't talked to Macho in a long time as Macho was a private individual and Bischoff respected it. Bischoff said it's hard to believe that Macho Man is not with them anymore. He said Hulk said it best as there was so much life/energy/intensity in Randy's eyes. It's difficult to imagine for Bischoff that Randy is not here.

What is Bischoff's overall reaction so far regarding Impact to Impact Wrestling? Bischoff said that the main changes were cosmetic (graphics, lighting, staging). He said anyone that wanted expectations that Impact Wrestling was going to be a completely different show than they had seen probably had misaligned expectations. They will try and improve the show in different ways. He said what TNA is going to do in the summer leading into the fall, they will try to experiment with format and structure of the show.

Bischoff said the conversation about the rebranding was discussed probably around 10 months ago without him. He said he can't speak about it too much, but on a personal note, he said it was a good idea. He said Impact Wrestling, the title, says more to the fan. He said Impact may be more compelling than the TNA.

Ring of Honor's sale to Sinclair Broadcasting? Bischoff said he will get a lot of heat for saying this, and he has nothing against Ring of Honor and wishes them the best as it is nice for talent to have different places to work. That being said, he says people are kidding themselves. He said Sinclair is like 20 television stations with 22% market penetration in the United States. 22% means you don't exist from an advertiser's point of view. It means Nielsen doesn't track you as a network. From a pay-per-view standpoint, it won't register on the Richter scale and that is assuming they get clearing in 20 television stations. He says it's good that RoH has something. He said people are getting excited for a lot of nothing. The syndicated television market is not what it was 15-20 years ago. People back then used to migrate to Vegas for an executive convention and tens of millions of dollars were spent by syndicators/producers, with bands from around the world brought in. Now, it takes part in a lobby in a hotel in Vegas. He says while syndication is not dead, it's just not what it was 15-20 years ago.

Question about whether Bischoff will have increased duties with TNA. Bischoff says in regards to Terry Taylor's talent relations position, he says it is a thankless job and doesn't like the idea of having talent's futures in his hands. He doesn't like hearing about talent's problems. He said Jason Hervey and he have a lot going on at his business Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment and he has a significant portion of his time taken up at TNA already. He has no interest in a talents relations position.

Recently, Bischoff commented that Karen Jarrett rocks on his Facebook. A fan asked him to compare Vickie Guerrero to Karen Jarrett. He said it's hard to compare the two for many reasons. He said Karen is a phenomenal actress, and is a natural talent. As a character/performer, Bischoff thinks she is one of the best.

In regards to the X Division, he says "Stay Tuned". He doesn't like to give away too much story. He says in this business, focus and story are two of the most important elements.

Christian's short title reign was brought up. Bischoff was asked about short title reigns. Bischoff said there's no formulaic answer as it depended on each case, story. Generally speaking, he said short title reigns are risky as fans don't get a chance to grasp it. But he said you cannot make a generalization for it, it may or may not work well depending on many circumstances. He has no idea.

Talk on Chyna on TNA. Bischoff says that's a good question but he is not going to answer it because it will be inappropriate.

Worst injury Bischoff has seen would be the Sid Vicious leg break. He said that was pretty disgusting. He has seen scary ones with Marcus Bagwell breaking his neck as you weren't sure how bad it was until the results came out. Visually, it would be Sid Vicious.

How important is it to have an established star/veteran to show up at a TNA live event? BaseBrawl is brought up. Bischoff loves going to non-televised events, house shows, as it's a different kind of experience. He said fans are so passionate. He wishes Flair, Hogan, even him get to go to those. He said he wishes he had more time to do it as it would be great for business. He said it would give back to the fans as you're giving the big stars and it looks more to what it looks like on TV. Bischoff said Dixie mentioned that going the extra mile for the fans at house shows. At first, it didn't sit well with Bischoff, but he said after thinking about it, it's smart. He said dollars are hard to come by, and ticket prices are high. People are struggling in today's economy. He said nothing is better than to have the big stars show up at the house shows.

telvisnostic

[127]Aug 5, 2011

Brother Devon speaks:

On the history of him and Bubba together: "We were voted the greatest tag-team in the history of the WWE and I will say this: I know there are a lot of fans out there that may not agree with that and I agree with them. As far as I'm concerned, I feel that the Road Warriors were the best tag-team out there. No, they didn't have great wrestling skills but they were some intimidating boys. They were big and they were bad and they were over with the people."

On the decision to split up Team 3D: "We had to sit back and look after everything was said and done and think what else is there left for us to do? We have had every major title there was to have. And I'm going to be honest with you … winning the tag-team titles towards the end was boring to me. And I don't mean that in any disrespectful way. It just that how many times can Team 3D win the tag-team titles? As far as I was concerned, I wanted more. I just wasn't happy winning the tag-team title. He (Bubba) wasn't happy just winning the tag-team title. We needed another challenge."

On the singles run so far: "I love it. I'm very happy. I'm very content with everything that's going on. I told people I wanted to start at the bottom and work my way up. People were basically saying to me, 'well, Bubba was in a position where he's with Immortal and he's been doing this and that'. Listen, Devon had to go on his own and start from the beginning and do things on his own and that meant getting off TV for a little bit, getting my body in the best shape it can possibly be in and then coming back stronger than ever. And that's exactly what I did. I went from 305 pounds and I'm now down to 238 pounds. I feel great. I'm moving in that ring like I've never moved before. The bones don't hurt since I dropped all the weight. I'm looking to drop another 10 pounds to maybe being a cruiserweight. Maybe the X Division. Maybe I'm going to hang from a pole or something and get me a belt there."

Full interview can be heard here:http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10019985.shtml

-I await the reaction to the last part of the interview.

telvisnostic

[128]Aug 7, 2011

Kazarian's thoughts on Destination X and the new focus on the X Division:: "The Destination X pay-per-view I thought was incredibly successful. A lot of us worked very hard even months before to just try to put things together and throw around ideas. It came off without a hitch. AJ and Chris had an incredible match. The four-way for the contract, the showcase, some old faces some new guys who can do some incredible things.

"You had debuts; every match brought a little something different. You had guys that were in the cornerstone of the X Division like myself, Samoa Joe, AJ, Chris, Alex Shelley, you had new faces and it was just awesome. This has opened the eyes of management and they have promised to put a new focus behind the X Division. Which is great because that's what made TNA or Impact Wrestling stand out from the get-go. So I think there's definitely a place for that and there's definitely a place for everything else. It was just awesome. I was just happy to be a part of it."

Kazarian on the appreciation of the X Division: "I can tell you first hand that guys like Hogan and Bischoff; especially Bischoff, he does appreciate the athleticism. I know that for a fact. Guys like Hogan and Bischoff they have been doing this many years and they have been very successful and they've always produced a very story branded product; which is what's needed in wrestling. I think that they've always thought that there might be a disconnect between the X Division athletes and getting certain characters across.

"At times in the past, I think the X Division has been labeled as a faceless division with just a bunch of wrestlers, and that's in part true; however with this new focus, we can show some incredible matches and develop some really really cool characters. For one, in the last few weeks the work Austin Aries has done is awesome. Austin's a great wrestler, he's a huge, huge addition I think to TNA and his character in the last couple of weeks has come across as much more so than say previous X Division wrestlers have. So I think that as long as the people are invested in the X Division, I think that management has no choice but to be."

Kazarian's thoughts on Samoa Joe and if TNA is doing right by him: "I don't know if what I think really matters…I think that they have done Joe right in the sense that since he's been at TNA, Samoa Joe as a brand name has been established as the "bad ass killer", former Heavyweight Champ, X –Champ, people know what Joe can do because of the form TNA has given him.

"And Joe, he's incredibly talented. He's one of the most athletically gifted guys I've ever been in the ring with. And I've known Joe for the better part of twelve years. What's going on with Joe lately in the storyline with Zero points, it's a matter of "stay tuned". I know wrestling fans again, including myself, patience isn't a virtue. It's just a matter of "STAY-TUNED" and see what happens. Obviously if you're a Samoa Joe fan, you're going to be a little upset because he has zero points in the Bound for Glory Series. However nothing lasts forever, things will change and they always do in this business."

Kazarian's thoughts on SpikeTV and fan-base: "Viewership's been somewhat steady, I don't really read the ratings but I know it's been steady. (Doug states that TNA's number 1 on Spike TV) I hope that SpikeTV recognizes that because we've brought them a lot of attention and they've in-turn been very good to us. Just from being on the road and talking to fans, I think our fan-base is still as strong as ever. It's still a bit of a grass roots champagne and word of mouth. The brand TNA Impact is still getting out there and we're all just trying to help spread it."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10020024.shtml

telvisnostic

[129]Aug 29, 2011

Tara interview. It's well worth the read.

JLe1223

[130]Aug 29, 2011
    • level: 20
    Where's the link?

telvisnostic

[131]Aug 29, 2011

Oh poo, the links are still broken.

"A lot of people have asked me about Matt Hardy. Was he really fired? Is his odd behavior for real? I don't have an inside scoop. But what I can tell you from a dozen years in the wrestling business is that I never know what is real and what is part of a storyline. Matt always set a new standard as a wrestler, and was a great co-worker and friend. Could this be a storyline? Yes. Could this also be someone who has given 100% to his fans for years and years, and is emotionally drained and just needs some personal time to get his head straight and recharge his batteries? Absolutely. If it is the latter, I know he would be surrounded by friends and family, and we'd see him back somewhere soon, better than ever.

I also saw a lot of comments on the article about Ric Flair. Again, I don't know how much of that is accurate. I do think that there are a lot of people that if you take their life, and put it under a microscope, and then list all the mistakes that they have made, it would be unflattering. By the same token, and especially with Ric Flair, if you would have listed all the nice things he did, and all the people he helped, and all the young people he guided in this business, and the wrestlers that he sacrificed for so that they could look that much better, you would have had an article ten times as long. The Ric Flair that I have known and worked with in both WWE and TNA/Impact has always been a gentleman and a locker room leader. Let he who is without sin…

And with regards to what is said in the wrestling gossip sites, I'm not going to bash them. Sometimes they are accurate, and I wonder how that info got out. But sometimes, and on stuff I know for certain, it can be inaccurate. Again, I don't know how people get their information. But a perfect example is a couple days ago there was someone talking about the pay for the Knockouts. I know for certain that there were multiple inaccuracies in that article. Did someone plant the story to cause tension in our locker room, which is especially stress-free these days? Or did someone just mistakenly get some information wrong? Who knows, but that's my "don't believe everything you read" speech. If you want to know ask me. I respond to as much as I can on Twitter. What's my favorite color? Red. How old is my dog Sophie? Three. How much do I get paid as a Knockout? None of your damn business ; )

And finally, my friend Aleta lost her job at TNA/Impact this past week. One of the executives actually took me aside and told me about it because they knew that I'd be upset. I was upset. I have also been in this industry long enough to see many of my friends come and go. Most of them I keep in touch with. Aleta is good people, and will definitely fall into that category. That's why my first piece of advice for anyone who asks me how to get into this business is to always have something to fall back on when you're done. I miss you already, Aleta.

Later Potaters, Lisa Marie aka Tara : )"

telvisnostic

[132]Sep 8, 2011

The following are highlights from a new interview with TNA Wrestling's Eric Bischoff:

Why he thought it was "a great decision" for TNA to release Matt Hardy: "I think it was a great decision by TNA to release Matt Hardy. I honestly thought Matt was a questionable talent to begin with, not that he didn't have any value. In my opinion, there was a liability there, and it manifested itself. We've see how Matt's issues and the baggage he brought to TNA evolved in the last few months, and there a few people that wanted to pull the plug on Matt Hardy sooner than they did. I think once TNA made the decision to pull the plug, I was quite honestly happy about it and thought it was long overdue."

The biggest thing or things learned during TNA's recent television tapings in Huntsville, AL that will help from a production and creative standpoint leading into the next set of TV tapings in Knoxville, TN and Macon, GA in the coming weeks: "It's no secret that I've been the loudest proponent and probably the driving force in the on the road tapings and taking iMPACT out of The iMPACT Zone and into arenas with a more natural and more realistic audience. I think in terms of formatting and production what we're constantly reminded of is when you doing two shows in one arena on one night, the pre-tape volume goes way down. It has to, just because you only have some much time to get everything done. I personally like a show with less pre-tapes. I believe that there's a way to tell a story and to keep all of your primary stories going without heavily depending upon pre-tapes. I love the way the shows they are formatted when we are on the road, and that's one of the things we are going to be focusing more on as we continue to experiment with the on the road taping schedule."

If he believes Jeff Hardy can be relied on to be one of the leaders of TNA and whether or not Jeff has adequately put his "demons" to rest: "We don't know that. What hasn't been reported on much is the fact that when Jeff came back to Huntsville, there was a meeting where Jeff literally addressed every single piece of talent in the locker room, including Sting, myself, Hulk Hogan, and a number of other people that were closely involved with the situation that occurred a few months back (at Victory Road). He asked for forgiveness and took total responsibility for everything that he did. He asked everyone in the locker room for an opportunity to make good and to prove that he's capable of being a valuable part of the team. I'm not going to lie. Speaking for myself, I have my doubts. It's not whether or not Jeff was sincere. I know he was sincere. But a lot of people in Jeff's position are sincere. It's a question of whether or not he can find a way to deliver and live up to what he has to live up to in order to gain everybody's trust. I don't know. I hope so. I really hope so."

-Wrestlezone (recap)

-MondayNightMayhem (full interview)

telvisnostic

[133]Sep 9, 2011

Monday Night Mayhem with Mexican America
    Hosts: The Big Mosh and "The Chairman of the Board" Todd Vincent
    Recap by Patterson from New Jersey
    Airs every Monday at 6:00 P.M. (CT)
    Show available at MondayNightMayhem.com.

Hernandez's thoughts on partnering up with Anarquia, his reaction to those who compare Mexican America to The LAX, and why he believes the two tag teams are very different: "It was like when I first started with TNA, I wasn't the first choice to tag with Homicide and and you see how that worked out with LAX. Anarchia wasn't the first choice, but all the cards came the right way, and he's doing a great job. We are definitely getting a lot of people calling us 'LAX Jr.' or 'LAX Light.' This is not the same thing. About the only thing that's the same is the music, and I'm the one that selected it. I think it's a lot different."

Anarquia's reaction to those who have compared him to Homicide, the importance of separating Mexican America and The LAX as two different tag teams, and why he feels that Mexican America has meshed together so efficiently to this point: "Fans are going to make their assumptions and say what they want. That's their opinion. They could compare me to Homicide, and they could say what they want, but the fact of the matter is it that it's two different tag teams now. The LAX with Homicide and Hernandez was what they were, and Mexican America with Hernandez and Anarquia (along with Rosita and Sarita) are what we are. It's the same, but different. I was put on the spot, but I'm so over prepared that no matter what they asked me to do, I was there for them. Things just worked, and that's why they picked me up so quickly."

The feeling of becoming a TNA World Tag Team Champion for the first time for Anarquia, when Mexican America defeated Beer Money on Impact Wrestling last month: "Personally, that was an awesome day for me. Coming in, and from being in Ohio Valley Wrestling as long as I was, to finally making it to the national level, and within five or six months of being on that level, and winning the TNA World Tag Team Titles...that was a great feeling. It's a stamp on my card saying that this guy can get the job done, and it was great for the team. It let everyone know that tunes in and watches (Impact Wrestling) that Mexican America is a team to watch. That's the feeling I got from that day."

Hernandez's thoughts on the next challenge for Mexican America: the team's first title defense this Sunday night at No Surrender vs. Devon and "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero: "We're waiting for TNA to build up a real babyface team for us to face. D-Von and 'The Pope': They just put them together. I've wrestled D-Von many times with The LAX, so I've got his number, and 'The Pope' is just a non-factor to me."

-Prowrestling.net (recap)

-MondayNightMayhem (full interview)

----Mexican America blows. They suck and need to go the way of the dinosaur. Sarita, one the better female wrestlers there, is saddled in a tag team. Stop the bleeding.

telvisnostic

[134]Sep 15, 2011

Triple H on Flair:

WWE star Triple H told Eric Larnick of Moviefone that Ric Flair doesn't know when to walk away. "Ric is one of my best friends," Triple H said. "Ric doesn't know when to walk away. Ric doesn't want to be told to walk away. And Ric can't afford to walk away. Ric has lived every day of his life like it's the last for almost the fifty years he's been in the business.

"In Ric's mind, it's still 1982, he's on top of the world, he's young, he's got a lot of money. Ric has never questioned spending. We have a term on the road where if you go out and you have a crazy night that you spent a ludicrous amount of money or you just lose it one day and you can't go through another airport and you're trying to get a jet instead, we call it 'Naitching.' Ridiculously spending money for no point is called 'Naitching.'"

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/15/triple-h-ufc-needs-to-evolve-more-than-wwe/

telvisnostic

[136]Sep 27, 2011

On the story behind him leaving WWE: "The thing is that the chairman of that company likes guys who stand up for themselves. He likes guys who aren't just pushovers, who aren't just 'glad-handing, nonsensical yes-men,' to quote another wrestler (CM Punk). And yet, it depends on what day it is and what side of the bed he woke up on. So it's really a gamble. If you're a pushover and you're a wimp and you say, 'Yes, yes, yes, yes,' you're going to be trampled over, regardless. You're going to get steamrolled regardless of how talented you are. But if you don't, if you play it the other way, you have a chance of being successful. Like you said, I made some mistakes. I stuck my foot in mouth when I shouldn't have.

"I spoke up when I shouldn't have. None of it was with bad intentions. What's more, this is the wrestling business and some guys get injured. The interesting thing for me is that you look at that roster and there are guys that get injured time and time again. The Undertaker is good for an injury every year or so. Steve Austin's been injured. Rey Mysterio gets injured. But when you haven't made the right political decisions, and you've been injured a time or two, that could be possible ammo for some of those people who aren't your allies to say, 'Boy, he's injured all the time. Is he not reliable?' And when you're not around to defend yourself, that could be your downfall."

On why his memorable cage match with Kurt Angle at Lockdown 2010: "I think Kurt and I just cared so much about it. I really felt strongly at that point that I had something to prove. And I still do, to some degree, or else I would be out of the business. And I think Kurt's the same way, which is why Kurt will go out on a house show in front of a couple hundred people sometimes and have the kind of match that maybe he shouldn't be having. He doesn't have a shut-off valve. And I'm kind of the same way. I think it was the right mix of action and soap opera that we needed. I watched that match over and over. It happens to be my very favorite match of my career. And I still look at that match and think, 'Ah, I wish I had done that differently.'"

On adopting his "asshole" character: "It wasn't so much a change as it was this was stuff that I had pitched years ago to Vince McMahon and he said absolutely not. The very first meeting I had with him, I pitched the 'asshole' idea. I would bring up how Steve Austin was always telling people, 'There are about 10,000 people here calling you an asshole,' and that was a bad thing. But what if we turned it around?

"What if we played into the notion that nice guys finish last, and so I'm an asshole. I think it was Colin Powell who said, 'It's sometimes better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.' It was one of those things that I knew in my head at the time would work. But now that I asked Vince and he told me no, I can't say it for sure. Even if I did say and it worked, I'd still get into trouble. Whereas if I just went out there and said it and it worked, I could have apologized later and said I just felt it at the moment."

On whether wrestling should be PG: "I don't know how it's possible to have a show about guys that want to fight each other, with half-naked women running around and all of the other stuff that we have, and have it be PG. I just don't understand how that works. It doesn't make sense to me. Me favorite years in the wrestling business were the Attitude Era.

"Maybe it's as simple as they've decided, 'We need it to get away from this for a while, as far away as possible, so that when we bring it back it will be a what's-old-is-new kind of thing.'… Our target audience is 18-34. And you're giving them PG content … If you're 18 years old, you don't want to see PG stuff. You don't want to see somebody called a 'darn butthole.' It insults their intelligence."

On the frequency of heel and babyface turns in TNA: "Here's where sometimes people don't understand the full story. There are reasons why somebody will suddenly change from heel to babyface, from a logistics concern. Maybe somebody is hurt and maybe somebody needs to fill a spot that was originally intended for somebody else. And we can't think of somebody else to fill that role, so we need you to fill that role. Part of me thinks that wrestling needs to evolve again.

"There's this thought that, in wrestling, it needs to be black or white. You're either a good guy or a bad guy. I don't know anybody in my life that is wholly evil or wholly good. With Breaking Bad, or Sons Of Anarchy, or Weeds—you look at these shows and there's a guy who is a chemistry teacher who sells meth. Is this a good guy? By society's standards, no. But we look at the TV show and we can sympathize with him. So I don't know what the answer is. But I do believe that sometimes in the wrestling business, it's almost forced. And it can be insulting to the wrestling audience, whereas on a TV show like Sons Of Anarchy, you decide. But in wrestling, it's 'Hey, I'm the bad guy. Boo me,' or 'I'm the good guy. Cheer for me.'"

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10020979.shtml

JLe1223

[137]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 20
    Grey personalities only works if it's done sparingly. You don't want to confuse the crowd with so many face/heel turns.

telvisnostic

[138]Sep 27, 2011

I agree with you 100%. The flip flopping makes fans wonder what the hell is going on and a lot of the times, won't try to figure it out if it happens too much.

Crulex1369

[139]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 26
    Yeah, see, I can agree with grey characters and realistically "Good" bad guys like Anderson and Austin, or "Bad" good guys like CM Punk and Orton, but flip-flopping just makes no sense when done over and over like Impact.

telvisnostic

[140]Oct 1, 2011

Ryan Rider 1-on-1 with Bobby Roode

How does it feel to be the #1 Contender for the TNA Heavyweight Championship of the World?

It feels great. It's been a long time coming. For the past 13 years I've been in this business sacrificing a lot. Paying my dues, honing my crafts. 9 years with Impact Wrestling has been a long time. I've seen a lot of guys come and go. There's nobody better to get in the ring with than Kurt Angle. My first opportunity for a world title shot in the ring with that guy, it's going to be something special.

What can we expect from the match itself?

It's going to be an amazing match. Kurt [Angle]'s record speaks for himself. A lot of people recognize me as a tag team guy from Beer Money and my early Team Canada days. The past few months I've made a name for myself. These past few weeks on Impact having solo matches against some of the best wrestlers in the company - Kazarian and this past week AJ Styles. My confidence level is at a high right now. I've been studying a lot of Kurt's matches. I'm prepared for the best wrestling match of my career. It's going to be a very special night for me and I'm really looking forward to it.

You've really come a long way from your Team Canada days to where you are today…

It's been a long road. It's been fun at the same time. 9 years in TNA; through the ups and the downs. Coming in as Team Canada was a lot of fun. From representing my country to where I am today it's been incredible. I'm living my dream. And you never know if I'll bring back one of my old hockey sticks for Bound for Glory. I'm a big hockey fan. Hockey was always my first love. There's always a hockey stick around.

Thoughts on returning to Canada (Montreal) on October 7th:

I'm looking forward to it. A few years ago we did one of our very first live events during Christmas holiday in Montreal. We had a great crowd there. The fans there are great. Montreal is a great city, I love it. I know a lot of the guys are looking forward to it. A lot of guys in the company have never been to Quebec or experienced the city of Montreal. There are other wrestling companies that have been there numerous times. In my opinion, TNA is definitely a different wrestling company. We have the best locker room of talent in the entire world in this business. We're going to show that.

Where do Beer Money and Fortune stand at this point with you becoming a singles wrestler?

There's always going to be Beer Money. Beer Money will never die. James and I have invested too much time and we've invested our heart and soul into the team. We literally were thrown together 4 years ago in a situation where creatively there wasn't a lot for us. He and I made the team work. We got it over; we made it what it is. I don't think there will ever be a time where Beer Money will ever go away. Beer Money will always be remembered – we've done a lot together.

As far a Fortune, we've had our problems but Fortune is family. Sometimes family fights but Fortune will stick around.

Memories with James Storm:

The Best of Five Series with the Motor City Machine Guns will probably go down in history as one of the best tag team matches of all time. What can you say about the Team 3D matches? What made Beer Money what it was was our ability to adapt to different styles and have great matches with the X division guys like MCMG or heavyweight guys like Team 3D. Our ability to adapt to different styles and to entertain the fans at the same time. Beer Money will never go away. No matter how successful Bobby Roode becomes on his own or James Storm becomes on his own, Beer Money will always live forever. Some day we will always get back together whether it be a month from now, a year from now, or 10 years from now - bring back Beer Money the way it should be.

What happened with Chris Harris?

Honest to G-d I'm not sure how it was supposed to pan out. There were some ideas thrown around. They brought Chris in for one match. Whether it was a decision made before or after the match they decided to go a different route. They tried it and obviously didn't like it for whatever reason and they decided to go a different way. That's all I can say about that situation.

How was it like working for the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair?

It's a dream come true. I've been a Nature Boy fan my whole life. To be managed by Ric, to be mentored by Ric both on and off the screen was a blessing. It was an incredible feeling to see him at ringside, in my corner, to do the backstage interviews and to get to know the guy backstage. It was a great learning experience and something I will never forget.

Ric Flair is one of a kind and he can take a beating and he is still ticking. 60-something years old and he lives and breathes the business.

Thoughts on his co-headliner, Hogan vs Sting:

It's going to be a big match, no doubt about it. It's been built up quite heavily. It's been quite documented how many back surgeries Hulk has had in the past year. Sting is still Sting; the guy has still got it. So it's going to be an interesting match .Whether you're a wrestling fan of the 80's, 90's, or this era you will be interested in it. Two of the biggest names in wrestling's history for one more time, probably the final time. This may be the last time Hulk Hogan ever steps foot inside the ring.

-PWinsider