TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

Interviews

telvisnostic

[141]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 52

Eric Young Interview Recap for PWInsiderElite.com:

Ryan Rider spoke with Eric Young this week to discuss his return to Canada, his beard, Bound for Glory, Jeff Hardy, and more. Tweet @maineventradio for your chance to win a pair of tickets to see TNA Impact Wrestling Live at the Centre Pierre-Charbonneau in Montreal on October 7th.

So how does it feel to be coming back to Canada?

The saying goes, "it's always good to go home". I've wrestled in Montreal hundreds of times in my career and it's always great to go back. I'm looking forward to it.

Is the company changing its name to Impact Wrestling? The name of the company is still TNA. It's Impact Wrestling presented by TNA. Kurt is still TNA World Heavyweight champion, I'm TV Champion, but the TV show is Impact Wrestling.

What is the status of the TV Title? I am the longest reigning champion in recent memory (last year or so). I've held the TV title longer than any other champion right now. I've only had one actual match for it not counting house shows. It's a lot of fun. I've got to do stuff with Scott Baio and go to L.A. I've got to meet high level celebrities and hang out with and "wrestle" with them. It's quite amazing the turnover and how popular the Eric Young gimmick is. There are so many people who love Eric Young and what I'm doing on Television.

Danny Bonaduce: A few years ago, he was the fine line between and insanity. He was a cool guy to meet and basically I beat up a senior citizen.

His beard: I started it a week before hockey playoffs of this year. I live in Nashville. I'm a diehard Predators fan. The Nashville Predators did really well this year, making it to the 2nd round for the first time, and the stadium was packed. It's a passionate group and it's cool to be part of that. There's a lot of questions from people I work with and people that employ me, asking what's with the beard. The hockey playoffs ended a while ago but every day is the playoffs when you're the champion.

I can't believe it's already been almost 8 years since you first arrived in TNA as a member of Team Canada. Looking back, what are some of your memories of those early days?

It's crazy how fast time goes. I feel like I was signing my first contract on Bobby Roode's back just a few months ago. We both signed our deals the same day on each other's backs. We've been there ever since. It's cool to see that he's getting his just due facing Kurt Angle in the main event of Bound for Glory. It should be fantastic.

One of the best days of my life was signing my first contract, to be able to do this for my living. Everybody who has been a wrestling fan since the late 90's or early 2000's has probably seen me wrestle. They've seen me on a poster or seen me at your local legion cutting my teeth doing the independents and learning my craft and then making it in TNA. Something I set to do when I was 17 years old and now I make my living doing it. I will never take it for granted for as long as I live.

You've had many different roles over the years…from the comedic tag team with Orlando Jordan, to Super Eric, to the paranoid "Don't Fire Eric", to being the leader of World Elite, partnering with Kevin Nash…what was your favourite role?

The thing I do right now is probably my favorite thing. I still get a chance to wrestle and be aggressive.

Also World Elite. If you've followed my career, I got my job here because I'm a good wrestler. I was known as a guy who had good, competitive hard nosed physical matches. I was never funny, I was never the funny guy; I never played a character in my independent days. I was the local champion who they brought guys from TV in to face. Tagging with Kevin Nash was fantastic, we're still really good friends. I pride myself on being the most versatile wrestler, maybe ever. I've played a collage of characters, maybe 6-10 different versions of Eric Young from being afraid of everything to being afraid of nothing to being a leader of World Elite to being a top heel alongside Kurt Angle.

I'm a victim of circumstances. World Elite could have gone further but they wanted to put me with Kevin. That was a huge step forward for me. We won the world tag titles. Then Sean Waltman and Scott Hall came in. There was going to be an angle where they turned on me and I would have to fight through them to get to Nash and I would beat him to establish me as a higher-up guy but that never happened because of circumstances. Wrestling fans just like a good product, and whatever I have to do to stay relevant I will. People really like what I'm doing right now. It's probably the most response I've ever got from wrestling. It's really cool.

What would you say has changed the most over the years?

Just the growth. You were doing weekly PPV's where there was 20,000-25,000 people were watching to being nationally televised on Spike TV seen in over 100 countries and over 2 million viewers. We're the top rated show on Spike, we're the top rated wrestling show in Europe, huge ratings in Germany, big ratings in many parts of the United States as well. We do shows every weekend to different size crowds – sometimes they're big, sometimes not so big. But just the growth, in general, taking small steps but constantly moving forward. They're made pretty much the right decisions to get us to this point.

Is there any wrestler in the company that you've yet to face but would like to in the future?

I've never done a lot of stuff with Jeff Jarrett. We did a few things on screen but then he got written off and things petered out. Once again my career has been a victim of circumstance. It's never really been anything I've done right or wrong. It's wrong place, wrong time or right place, right time. Wrestling is constantly changing every single day but you have to roll with the punches to keep it going forward.

Bound for Glory, TNA's premiere Pay-Per-View event of the calendar year is coming up soon on October 16th. Fellow member of what was Team Canada Bobby Roode is facing Kurt Angle for the World Heavyweight championship…any thoughts on that match?

I must say it's going to be a top level match. 5 stars. Kurt's on Twitter already guaranteeing that. Bobby Roode is getting his just dues. He's tied for the best person I've ever been in the ring with. I've been in the ring with Kurt, with RVD, with Kevin Nash, with Jeff Hardy, all those guys. I'm telling you right now Bobby Roode is going to be a big star and the match will not disappoint.

Sting and Hogan after all these years?

Pro wrestling is interesting that way. This is something that people have wanted to see. They did it in WCW but it was never done properly. They were closer to their prime back then and now they're getting late in their careers but just the nostalgia for me. Seeing two pros going back and forth on their in-ring's and just how they handle themselves. It's amazing to watch and the nostalgia alone will make it worth it for me. I've been a wrestling fan since I was 5 years old.

Does he harbour any animosity towards Jeff Hardy for the Victory Road Incident?

Personally it doesn't affect me but it does affect the business I love. I get along with Jeff. I've travelled with Jeff, I've been in the ring with Jeff, I've tagged with Jeff. I've been out for a couple of nights on the town with Jeff. He's a good guy, he's genuinely a good man, but he's got demons. There are people who have them inside and outside of wrestling. He had problems but I think he's rectified it. You're going to see a better Jeff Hardy. He's got a daughter at home. He stood up and came to a lot of us backstage at the tapings and apologized. He said he was foolish and let us down. I believe him. I believe in second chances and I hope the best for him.

Any word on your own role for Bound for Glory?

I have no idea. I usually don't know until last minute which is better because I don't overthink it. I would imagine I'm there.

The future for Eric Young:

Just going forward and contributing to the company. Anybody who says their satisfied with where they're at shouldn't be in this business or is lying to you. I want to be a guy that the company can rely on. I've proven it before, I've shown it before; and I'm ready to show it again. Whether it's being the comedy relief for 35 seconds a week or whether it's doing a match that's 30 minutes long that people will be talking about for years. I can do both. I feel like maybe I'll still have a career when I'm 75. Who knows. I would like to be a guy that the company relies on. I want that responsibility and I want to be challenged creatively that way.

Wrestling can change in a blink of an eye. I can go from wrestling Scott Baio at a golf course one month to taking on Bobby Roode at the next Pay-Per-View. And that's just the way wrestling is. Which is really cool.

-PWinsider

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[142]Oct 12, 2011

Eric Bischoff appeared on Monday Night Mayhem, which airs every Monday night at 7:00 p.m. via MondayNightMayhem.com. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

His reaction to Bruce Prichard replacing Vince Russo as the new head writer for the TNA creative team: "A lot has been written about that recently, and a lot has been written with a lack of full disclosure or full knowledge. I think the change that people are reading about probably represents more of a change in process than anything else. Vince Russo is still a vital part of the creative team in TNA and is a very talented, hard-working, and committed individual. Bruce Prichard is as well. I think what we're doing is fine-tuning a process, as opposed to fine-tuning or changing authority and control."

Why he is not worried about Hulk Hogan's decision to step back into the ring one more time and why he is "very confident" in the way that things will turn out when "The Hulkster" collides with Sting this Sunday night at Bound for Glory: "If I thought for a second that Hulk wasn't capable and able to get into that ring safely, convincingly, and in a way to entertain the audience and in a way to protect his health, I would the first person that would step in front of it all and say no. But I don't feel that way. I'm very confident that things are going to turn out great. I'm very confident in Hulk's ability to do what he feels he needs to do to produce the match and a fight in the way that he wants to."

The experience of sharing Bobby Roode's story with the world in his quest to become the TNA World Heavyweight Champion at Bound for Glory: "It's been a real joy to watch Bobby Roode come from way behind in the Bound for Glory Series. He was somebody so far behind that nobody thought that he had a chance, and then to emerge as the winner, and to watch Bobby Roode's story evolve to the point where we watch him week after week come from behind, and then emerge as a front-runner. I think it's a story people can relate to. I think Bobby has done a phenomenal job both in the ring and outside of the ring helping make that story relatable and something the audience can relate to."

His opinion of the X-Division's progression and overall growth/expansion since Destination X: "We're getting there. It's a work in progress. I'm very happy with it, but I think there's a lot of things we can do to enhance and improve on the presentation of the X-Division and really make it even more special than it already may be to some people. I would say on a scale of 1-10, we're at a 4, and I hope to be at an 8 or a 9 in the next three to four months." LOP

JLe1223

[143]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 20
    Don't forget incompentent Bischoff (To Russo.) and why doesn't Hogan retire and become a background character?

telvisnostic

[144]Oct 12, 2011

I guess he feels he can still bring something to the table as being in the forefront..

JLe1223

[145]Oct 12, 2011
    What can he contribute though? I mean he can barely move based on the matches I've seen lately.

telvisnostic

[146]Oct 13, 2011

His presence. It's not needed and he doesn't need to be the focal point or in any faction.

I'd like for him to do promo tours to let people know more about TNA. And for him to only have guest appearances limited to like 12 a year.

telvisnostic

[147]Oct 13, 2011

The following are highlights from a new interview with TNA Knockout Velvet Sky:

The feeling of competing for the Knockouts Championship at TNA's biggest Pay-Per-View of the year, the special meaning of Bound for Glory to her, & the importance of returning to Philadelphia: "It did take a while to sink in, but there's two cool things about this Pay-Per-View: Bound For Glory was where I made my debut with TNA four years ago, so that in itself means a lot to me, and what better place to do it than Philadelphia, my old stomping grounds for the independent scene. I absolutely love the Philadelphia crowd, and I'm proud to compete in a match in front of them. It's like my hometown."

Her thoughts on the evolution of the Knockouts division since its inception/her TNA debut four years ago: "I feel like when the Knockouts division first formed in 2007, it was the first chance for TNA to have women on the roster, to prove themselves and shine. When you're introducing a whole bunch of women wrestlers that the TV public doesn't know about, I feel like at first you want to leave a good impression. You want to show them what you can do in the ring and not just be some floozy character. I feel like you change with the times, so once they know you and know what you could do, then you could turn it up a notch with your character."

What she believes should change in the TNA Knockouts division: "I kind of wish there were more women tag teams in TNA. We have the (Knockout) Tag Team Titles, and there's not really that many women tag teams, so the Tag Team Title matches are not very often. In order to do that, we would have to get more Knockouts on the roster. That's one of things that doesn't shine that if given the opportunity can shine, because there are a lot of talented women in TNA. I feel that the tag teams could make it higher than where it is already."

-Thanks to Wrestlezone for the recap.

http://www.mondaynightmayhem.com/

telvisnostic

[148]Oct 14, 2011

Hogan on Bobby Roode: "Nah, he's not ready. He's not the next guy. Ya' know, they might think he is. Dixie Carter might think he is. The whole world might think he is. He's not the next guy. If I had to bet money on anybody and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I'd say Jeff Hardy is the next guy if he keeps his act together. Um, that's what you gotta to have, man.

"This is much more than being a wrestler, this is crossing barriers, medias, ya' know media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. Getting your character down verbally has 90 percent to do with getting over. I just have a very strong feeling Kurt Angle's going to clean his clock performance wise, and carry the match, and basically remains the champion. He's training for the Olympics. , He's had some up and down moments, and I think this is not gonna be a down moment for Kurt Angle, so I'm betting that farm on him."

Hogan on his match with Sting: " The main event is Kurt Angle, thank god! And uh, Bobby Roode stepped up, and he's definitely become a presence, so I'm betting the farm on Kurt Angle, and uh, I guess I'm kind of like the icing on the cake, Sting and I have a crazy track record with Pay-Per-View buy numbers, and it just made sense to give everybody a little extra, and let everybody know, and, that it's not a performance orientated match. Of course, none of em' were for me, anyway. But it's a situation where I think there's gonna' be some interest to see what happens out there with Sting and I, and if I can roll my walker down the ramp, I'll be good to go.

I don't even want to think about it. It's just going to happen like everything else. I'm not into talking about diving off something or falling off something. I never have really talked about a match. There's really nothing to talk about. You gotta' go out there and listen to what the people want. They want a car crash, they'll get one. I'm not looking for back surgery number nine or anything like that. I mean I'm not out of my mind, and crazy. I don't think Sting's ever really had anything broken on his face. My nose and teeth are, have been so beat up, it doesn't matter, but Sting?

"I don't know if he can take one straight in. Even as of last week, it was there. I just stood in the ring with him, and it's electric. I mean it's there. You just follow that energy man, and we could end up in the middle of the ring, we could end up at the top of the building, I mean you just don't know. It could go 5 seconds, it could go 50 minutes, I don't know. I mean, if it's there, it's there, and right now, standing in the ring with him, it's there. I've stood in the ring with a lot of people that it hasn't been there. But I'm not worried about this one because it's there. The feeling and the energy's there from the people. They want to see something crazy happen. Well, I had my last match a long time ago, so we definitely didn't attempt to build this as a match. It's kind of like, almost a grey area again.

"The crazier Sting gets, the more over his character gets, but then the down side should have been me getting booed more, but it's kind of like the N.W.O. feel all of a sudden. The more aggressive I get, the more people cheer me out of loyalty, out of love, out of compassion, whatever it is. I think the people might've farted at me turning good guy, shaking hands, and going you know what? One last fight, and I'm gonna' fade off into the sunset. I don't think they would've bought that. The timing doesn't feel right for that.

Hogan on James Storm: "I'd go with James Storm all day long. Mainstream brotha'! Cowboy hat, beer drinking, middle America, Nascar, Walmart, Country Western. I mean all day long, it's a no brainer. That's me. That's my opinion. So, I mean, Bobby Roode's a tremendous athlete. I would change. I'd build him from Venice Beach, California or Omaha, Nebraska instead of, I dunno, Canada, eh'? I love him to death. He's a great kid. When he looked down at me from the ring, and we had an argument one day, and he goes, "What the hell have you ever done?" I said man, this guy'd be a great heel, but yeah he has a lot of potential there for him to, but if you ask me to choose who to run with', and you gave me those two choices? That's my opinion."

Hogan on Jeff Hardy: "If I had to bet money on anybody, and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I'd say Jeff Hardy's the next guy if he keeps his act together. Well, I think he's got a lot of shine to him, I mean he just doesn't have 5-star matches. He shines outside the ring. He walks through the mall, and people know who he is. He's got a look, he's got an air about him. He's got the "IT" factor. That's what you gotta' have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler. This is crossing barriers, medias,, media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. And I think the kid, Jeff Hardy has the potential to really be the guy."

Hogan on A.J. Styles: "It's never too late. I mean, I just don't know. I, when I first came in all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed a couple of years ago , I had a ton of suggestions which I was kind of pushing real hard, , which I thought would take him to a crazy, crazy level, and nobody responded. So, I don't know at this point,'? I have my ideas, but a lot of things that I believe in, and what I feel from the crowd, and what I know. The little I know about this business. Sometimes, it's either taken and used, or used and it doesn't work, or it's not used at all. So, it's just..it's my opinion. I don't know at this point."

-Various sites

qfrodri85

[149]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 27

Hogan makes me laugh.

His mentioning about fighting Pride fighters are funny.

JLe1223

[150]Oct 15, 2011
    I read that! That was funny! XD

telvisnostic

[151]Oct 17, 2011

Kurt Angle on his return to collegiate Olympic wrestling: "I've been training for the last six months. The training has gone phenomenally well. I didn't realize I was going catch on this quickly, but you know it's like getting on a bicycle and riding again. That's not to say it didn't go without any injuries here and there. I've hurt my Achilles tendon and my hamstring but I've been hanging on tightly and training very hard. I'm on schedule so thank God, I have a very good chance of making the team.

"A lot of it has to do with me beating a guy named Jake Barter, who is a world silver and bronze medalist. He hasn't had quite the success I have had when I was there but when I was there I was very young. I was in my mid-twenties and I didn't have a game plan. Now I'm a lot older and wiser; I look at my training, I look at my game plan, I look at the way I'm going to wrestle. I know I'll make a lot less mistakes and I know I'll train more properly. The thing was that I had over-trained in the past. I was training nine or ten hours a day, and at some point it became counterproductive. I think I could have been a much better wrestler if I had done things the right way."

On his line of food products: "You know, a lot of people have been counting calories, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, but never count fiber. I'm going to say this now: fiber is the best kept secret in the world. It can really make or break your body. Fiber can help you lose fat, body weight, lower cholesterol, blood pressure and sugar. Basically it is the healthiest product on the market. There are a lot of fiber products that are one or two layer fibers.

"UltraFiber DX from Angle Foods is and eight layer fiber developed by a doctor in Germany. It was intended to help obese and diabetic patients to get off medication and help improve quality and longevity of life. You can purchase it at anglefoods.com. This is what you should be feeding your kids. The powder works as a cooking agent. You can make it into pancakes, pizza and bread dough, and so many other things."

On the current direction of Impact Wrestling and "passing the torch": "God willing, we have more wrestling and less talk. I've been pushing for that. Sometimes we have people there on the show that don't wrestle. They take up a lot of the show with only promos. The young guys need to step up and be the guys cutting the promos. It's kind of a catch 22. We need to realize who we are and we need to fix the problem. The young talent needs the opportunity to shine.

"I'm one of the top guys in the company and I don't want to remain there. I don't know who it will be but I am more than willing to find somebody in the company to hand to torch over to and say 'hey, you take the lead and I'll follow you.' I'm near the end of my career. I've got three more years left with TNA Wrestling and then I'm done. I signed that deal with TNA so I can help the company. I want them to compete with WWE. It will take some time, but it will happen."

-Various sites.

-http://www.pw247radio.com/

Crulex1369

[152]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 26
    I didn't even know Angle had a food line. Hmmm.

telvisnostic

[153]Oct 17, 2011

He started it last year I think.

telvisnostic

[154]Oct 25, 2011

On her return to TNA: "During the time that Johnny [John Laurinaitis] said that he wanted to re-sign me, I already kinda knew that I didn't want to re-sign and it was just a matter of timing because I was under contract. That was pretty much my plan the whole entire time; to go back to TNA."

"Everybody was very positive and happy and said, 'We're so glad to have you back'. First off, I'm really happy that they were happy to see me back. The first thing I always said was, 'You know, I already knew I'd be back'. I even said it in my last interview on the [Knockouts] DVD - hopefully, I'll finish my career there. That's always what I pictured, anyway. [...] I always hoped for the best there [in WWE], obviously, and it didn't turn out the way I had pictured completely, but I'm back where I pictured I would be. I'm just happy with the way everything turned out."

"I'm a true believer in everything happens for a reason. I was meant to leave there [TNA] at that time. [...] I think it was a refresher in some ways, too, for me to leave and try something else and then come back to where my home was."

On the growth of the Knockouts division since her last run: "Well, there's a lot more girls, it seems like. We had a lot of girls back then, but we have a lot of girls now. [...] I love it because the girls there are all from pretty much an independent background. You get to the point where you're happy to be in a division where you know the girls can step it up, and that you can have a challenging match, and that you guys can rock the house, basically."

On whether she made the right decision to quit WWE: "I'm very confident in my decision making. Everything happens for a reason. I made this decision for a reason. It's supposed to happen."

"I don't regret anything. I always had to accept what they gave me. It wasn't even about how they used me because I knew going in, I had to accept whatever they gave me and how they used me. It was more about the disrespect behind the scenes, and that's what pushed me over the edge to say, 'I just don't wanna be here anymore. I'm miserable. I just have to leave for my own sanity'."

On quitting instead of waiting for her contract to run its course: "I was pretty much at my wit's end at that point. [...] For my own sanity, like I said, I had to leave. I knew seven weeks out from my contract end, 'Okay well, you know what? I know that I can survive financially, and take a little break, and be with my fiancé'. Him and I both discussed it because it's a decision for both of us as well, for our lives. I just couldn't take it anymore mentally or emotionally. Physically, no problem. But on the other end, you can't go to work and feel like you're just dreading it. I just didn't wanna go to work anymore. I'll miss my friends and the people there, but that's about it. You can't contribute to a company when you don't feel passion anymore. It's a waste of time."

Gail talks about much more in the interview including working with Karen Jarrett and Madison Rayne in TNA, which WWE Divas she'd like to see in TNA, WWE controlling its Superstars and Divas and the projects they can do, her first match back on Impact with Tara this Thursday and much, much more.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10021475.shtml

Full audio-http://www.diva-dirt.com/2011/10/25/exclusive-gail-kim-talks-about-her-tna-return-quitting-wwe-much-more/

telvisnostic

[155]Nov 8, 2011

Jeff Hardy conference call recap/highlights courtesy of PWinsider:

Mike Johnson of PWinsider wrote:
    As I joined the call, someone asked Hardy if CM Punk really took Ambien. Hardy laughed and said he didn't know. That was a reference to a Youtube video earlier in the year where Hardy buried Punk.

Hardy said that his legal battles are behind him and "it's cool" that he's been allowed to continue to work. When he is home, he has a pretty intensive probation including a 6 PM curfew and not being allowed to have visitors after 6 PM at his home. He said he has four months of that left, which will be followed by 30 months of regular probation. He said it was a dark time and there was a lot of stress but he's past it

Hardy was asked about how the birth of his daughter has changed his outlook on the business and his own future. Hardy said that when you bring a life into this world, you have to think about the long-term and he's gotten to that place in his life. He said his daughter has just turned a year old and he has to do everything in his power to stay in good shape. He has a lot more birthdays to go and he wants to see her grow up. It's something he thinks about every day and it's changed his life.

He was asked about giving new talents advice in the locker room. Hardy said he was never one to freely give advice but would give compliments. He always just did his own thing but does tell others when he sees something he likes. He isn't the type to pull someone aside and tell them what to do because it's important that one finds their own way since there are so many forms of psychology in pro wrestling.

Hardy was asked what TNA should focus on to turn the quarter and get to the next level. Hardy said that he spent a lot of time watching Austin Aries on the road over the last week and there are so many X-Division talents that make him say "Wow" and make him enjoy their "super hero world."

Jeff was asked if he could provide any update on Matt Hardy and whether he had been in contact with his brother, who is currently in rehab through December. Hardy said Matt is doing good and is in good spirits. They speak every few weeks and Matt seems to be doing really well. Everything is really positive.

Hardy was asked about the current storyline where his Turning Point incident was incorporated into the storyline return and whether any messages hit home more than others. Hardy said there were some real feelings involved and he knows what he's done but he's at a point in life where he doesn't care what other people think. He said just getting back in the ring is good. Bringing up things from the past don't bother him because he's in a good place and you have to be open and honest in order to deal and move forward.

Hardy was asked his inspirations for getting into the business and who has been his most positive influence. Hardy said Jushin Liger was a huge inspiration as someone he watched and was inspired by. He named Shawn Michaels and Rey Mysterio as the perfect wrestling personalities. He said that he's lucky and blessed to be there with Sting and Hulk Hogan in TNA right now. He said that when you go way back, it's Hogan and to hang and deal with him is pretty cool.

I asked Hardy how TNA has changed from his previous run with TNA and his most recent return under the current regime. Hardy said that the biggest change is that they get to go out of Orlando every now and then and see the fans in places like Macon and Fayetteville that have featured some awesome tapings. He said that's been a big improvement.

I asked Hardy about the company using the storyline that meshes his personal and legal issues with his return to the company and the Jeff Jarrett match at Turning Point and whether he was ever concerned about TNA going that route. Hardy said that he honestly didn't mind. "I messed up." He said that from all mistakes, he's probably the only person that's ever talked about his suspensions in promos in the past and this now is part of his rehabilitation. He said there was a lot that people didn't really know about his personal or legal situation and now that it's all coming to a rest, his life is really positive and this is way to get out there. He always felt he deserved the chance he is getting and he's happy to have it right now.

I asked Hardy about all the media attention on his and Matt Hardy's personal and legal cases, online and locally in North Carolina and how he felt about that attention and whether the media was fair to them. Hardy said the coverage was horrible. He said the local newspapers had him on the front page with the same old story and charges. He said he wouldn't ever forget his father coming to him telling him he was back on the front page again. He understood they were local stars but because of the way they were treated, he will never give any of them an interview. He said he didn't like it and doesn't hate it but had to deal with it.

I asked Jeff about Matt Hardy's future and whether he thought we'd ever see Matt working back on a national level for TNA or WWE again after he resolves his personal issues. Hardy said, "Maybe so." He said Hardy has always wanted to open his wrestling school but is beat up. He said Matt would make a great agent and has a great mind for pro wrestling. He said Matt loves wrestling a lot more than Jeff does and would be involved somewhere here or there, but most likely in a pro wrestling school.

Jeff was asked about his music going forward. He said he was just in Toledo on Saturday and he and his guitar player ran through all of their songs together. He said that he hoped to release his first album through TNA. He said that he loves it so much and talked about writing the music for his new theme song. Hearing his music played back gives him a glorious feeling. He said he hopes it's something he gets done in the next few years.

Hardy was asked what the biggest misconception about himself out there right now. Hardy said that he didn't know that there was one, but he doesn't care what people think. He said he feels great right now and is looking forward to the future.

Hardy was asked about a potential autobiography. Hardy said that he's thought about it. When he was in jail, he kept a journal and thought it would be some cool material for a new book and it's definitely a project on his mind.

I had the chance to ask Hardy a second round of questions. I asked Hardy about the ascension of James Storm and Robert Roode into the company's main event level and whether there were others he'd like to see at that level. Hardy said that he loves seeing new people on that level vying for the title and that others, like AJ Styles are still awesome to watch as well. He said it's refreshing to see something new in the World title picture. I asked Hardy if there was anyone else he'd like to see move into a larger position. Hardy said he mentioned Austin Aries earlier and said there are several other guys but he's been more worried about himself of late. He thinks what they are doing with Beer Money he really enjoys.

Full recap can be read

here.

telvisnostic

[156]Nov 11, 2011

Busted Open can be heard Monday, Wednesday and Friday on Sirius 94 XM 208

Styles on Hulk Hogan: "If you want to see my take my hair and dye it all blonde, slick it back, and hang out with girls all the time, and you know, do that whole thing, and just totally just not be AJ at all, then you would've went with Hogan's idea. To me, that was the same thing they did in WCW with the referee. I don't know if you guys remember that, but that's exactly what popped in my mind.

"I was like, 'I'm not that guy, and I am AJ Styles. I'm not Ric Flair. I am who I am.' I mean, just because he hasn't been watching, doesn't mean that a lot of people haven't. They know who AJ Styles. I got to be honest man; I don't think that I need to ride Ric Flair's coat-tails to be the next great thing in wrestling. I mean, you gotta' have storylines.

"You gotta' have em' or you can't build up for the next big match. So, we all agree that you gotta' have those storylines, but you gotta' pick and choose which ones you're gonna' go after because people still want to see that wrestling. I know in Canada, they cut out most of the talking because they only have, I think they only have an hour of TV? I'm not sure exactly on that, but I know they cut out on a lot of the promos, but they're watching all wrestling. You know, the Canadian fans are some of the hottest fans that we've got. So, we must be doing something right in that ring.

"I think that our guys are more than capable of telling great stories in that right; more than capable if given the opportunity, and the time in the ring. That's what some guys think, that championship titles are props; that the ring is just a prop. I know that I enjoy personally the wrestling part, I really do. I love the physical atmosphere of what's going on in a wrestling ring. I always say to people, "If you haven't seen it live, see it live, and you can see how hard-hitting this really can be, and I take pride in that ring."

Styles on Jeff Hardy: "Listen, I hope Jeff really comes back strong. I think that so far, so good. I think he's doing great. He looks better. I mean, he just looks physically better. I think maybe having a baby girl has changed some things for him. I think the time that he had off was a good time to be off, but he's still got a lot to prove in some fans' eyes, and I think he's more than capable of doing that, but time will tell. You know I said times have changed before, and they really have. I mean, we're not the same kind of guys that were working in the '80s; in the '90s even."

Styles on doing minimal interviews: "You know what, man? That's not even a question for me (Laughs). That's a question for Impact Wrestling. I don't know why that is. I busted my butt for how many years now, but I'm not going to be a guy that's gonna' complain about every little thing. Yeah, sure, you know, there's some stuff that I could say and mention, but that's not who I am. That's not what I do. I support my company, and whatever they think is best is…well, what we'll do. I'm behind em'."

Styles on the direction of TNA: "Don't get me wrong,, we're growing. There's no doubt about that. We are growing, but…we want to grow more. I want us to have household names. I want us to be a household company that people say, 'Oh, yeah, Impact Wrestling! I know exactly what that is.' You know, not when we go through …security at the airport or immigration or whatnot where you hear, 'Oh, oh like WWE?' I don't want to hear that. I want them to know exactly who we are. And the thing about us is we have our core crowd. It's how do we get …our core crowd, our core fans…giving them something to talk about. That's what we've got to give em' like, 'You've got to see this!'

"You know, that's what we need. We'll then get …more fans.. It's not gonna' work that way. We just need to make something more interesting to watch. It's night and day. It's great you know, going to The Impact Zone, but it's phenomenal going outside of that, man, and really seeing what the crowd really thinks about you because that's how you tell. I mean we've got a lot of fans that come, but we got a lotta' tourists that come to The Impact Zone too where they really haven't followed the story; they really don't know what's going on.

"They just know that there's wrestling, but when you get out of that Impact Zone, you really get to see these fans who've watched weekly. …they will tell you what they wanna' see. They'll tell you who they wanna' see, … They'll tell you who they want them to be. You know what I'm sayin'? That's what it's all about! That's who we have to listen to!"

-Various sites

telvisnostic

[157]Nov 15, 2011

"Sports Axxess" on PW 24/7 Radio with Kurt Angle
    Hosts: Jerry Sorrentino, James Jefferson, and Joey Image
    Full episode available at PW247radio.com

Kurt Angle on the hamstring injury he had to work through during his title defenses against Bobby Roode and James Storm: "I did have to be careful of the injury when I wrestled James Storm at the TV tapings. I gave it all I could, which was only one minute of wrestling. I've only missed nine days but now I'm back to Olympic form. It was just a slight tear in my hamstring but there was a lot of bleeding. The bleeding went all the way down my hamstring, down my calf, down my shin, all the way down to my foot. It was black and blue, but the injury wasn't as bad as I thought it was. But now I'm back to training. I've done a lot of interviews and gotten a lot of attention for training for an Olympic comeback. My only obstacle is Jake Barter. He's almost guaranteed to win a medal because he is that good. So if I beat him, USA wrestling wants to make sure I'm capable of winning a medal. So they want me to come out and train at Colorado Springs, and I'm going to do that. I think I have a great shot at making the team."

On getting into MMA: "I've had a lot of talks with Dana White. While he's denied the offers, Dana and I respect each other enough for us not to say exactly what was offered. The thing was, he wanted me to be ready in a short time and I couldn't do that. I wanted months, he wanted weeks. We're good friends and I hope he has great success. But you know what, he's said some negative things about me in the press. I still love him to death. I did pass his physical, meaning I was ready for competition, but he wanted me to be ready in four to six weeks and I couldn't do that. It's impossible. There's also the fact that I'm signed with TNA and Dana didn't want anyone fighting for him and wrestling at the same time. So Dana White, God bless you. Whatever you say, I'll respect that because I know you wanted me to fight for you and wanted me to be your guy."

On Kevin Nash: "I love him to death. I know why he went to WWE. He wanted the carrot. He wanted that carrot they dangled in front of his face. But has the WWE used him the right way since he came back? No. Kevin should come back to TNA where they can use him the way he should be. WWE thinks he's old and washed up but TNA doesn't think that. TNA wants Kevin Nash. He is so gifted, talented, and popular. I want him back in TNA because he's one of my best friends."

On working in wrestling after retirement and potentially joining the WWE Hall of Fame: "If I end up in the Hall of Fame in the WWE, I don't know if I'll accept it. I love Vince McMahon. He made me a lot of money and was like a father figure to me. But Dixie Carter is my boss and I love her to death. So I don't know what I'm going to do. I would like to say that I am not going back to the WWE. But Vince McMahon may offer me something when I retire and I'm done with TNA. But I'd also like to be part of creative or be an agent in TNA. Out of everyone in the world, I am the best at coming up with finishes. I would like to stay with TNA and do that. A lot of people ask if I'd go back if Vince wanted me for WrestleMania, and I don't know the answer to that. But I know I am happy in TNA and I'd like to stay there."

All this and much more can be heard in the full hour long interview with Kurt Angle. This interview, along with countless hours of other original pro-wrestling content, can be found exclusively and for free only on PW 24/7 Radio.

-Rajah.com

JLe1223

[158]Nov 15, 2011
    "No. Kevin should come back to TNA where they can use him the way he should be."

I think the last thing TNA needs right now is another old man hogging the main event.

telvisnostic

[159]Nov 28, 2011

Talking about her longevity in wrestling and being on TV for nearly 10 years:

:
    I'm very lucky. Don't get me wrong, I've had injuries -- a torn ACL in 2002, my elbow in the cage match with Mickie -- but I don't know how nothing has taken me out. I do work out hard and listen to my body when I need rest. It was hard in WWE to travel four days a week and maintain the healthiness in your body. I was very lucky to get seriously put out. It's very unusual for a 40-year-old to be competing against 20-year-olds coming in the ring. It's tough. It's a bit intimidating for me. I'm looking for the fountain of youth as well. But I think I have accomplished a lot, because I'm still good out there in the ring. I don't feel like I've lost my flow. My age was 29 and a half when I started in this business. I get a lot of people on Twitter, they always ask me, "Am I too old to get in the business?" and I hate saying that you're never too old to get in the business, but when they look for the wrestlers, they do generally look for the 18-25 year olds that they can mould and create into their own. There's always that special 30-year-old. I was better in my 30s than in my 20s, like being physically in shape and at my peak. I like to be a positive role model for people my age, even though I don't act my age. [Laughs]

Her future in wrestling and wanting to stay at her best:

:
    When I do sign my contract, I sign year-to-year with TNA. I had the option [to do that] which I was very lucky [to have]. I have to listen to my body. I want to be on TV as long as I'm at my best. I don't want to be where you see me limping down to the ring and feel sorry for me. That's kind of why I left WWE. I don't know if you remember the last couple of years of my career at WWE, what did you think of me? You kind of felt, 'Oh my gosh, she's not a champ.' I was helping the new talent look good in the ring, so that wasn't really my best. I was really flattered that I was able to do that and everybody had confidence in me to make people look good in the ring but that didn't make me feel like I was giving the fans the best Victoria. I wasn't happy doing that, so I moved on. But I had a terrific, terrific career there.

On Gail Kim's TNA return:

:
    You know what? That girl! I'm gonna kick her butt. I text her and I said, 'I heard you're coming today.' She goes, 'Where'd you hear that from?' I didn't want to say who I'd heard it from so I said, 'Oh, just a rumor on the internet' and she goes, 'You can't believe everything you read.' I know that was my favorite saying. You can't read every internet site. There are some things that are reported wrong. I saw her at the show and I go, 'What the heck?!' and she goes, 'Hahaha!' I said, 'I knew you were coming! I don't know who you're trying to pull one over!' But I'm so excited to have her back. Her and I were travel partners. We get along so well and I'm so happy to have an old friend back in the ring. I wanted to win that number one contender's match, though. I'll be honest with you, because Gail Kim and I can really throw down in the ring. We never got the opportunity in WWE. We had a couple of matches but it was just a match thrown here and there, but I think we can really work up to something dangerous. I'd like to do another cage match, maybe, with her. That'd be awesome!

-TNA Insider

Full Interview.

telvisnostic

[160]Dec 29, 2011

"People think I'm a little nuts," says Angle, who is paying for his year of pre-Olympic-tryout training in part by making occasional appearances on television and at live events with TNA Wrestling, including a stop at Times Union Center in Albany on Thursday night. At TNA, which airs its main program, "Impact Wrestling," on Spike TV, Angle has been a marquee name since 2006, after an eight-year career with competitor World Wrestling Entertainment.

"TNA has given me their blessing" to pursue the Olympic dream, he says. "I'm more of a part-time (pro) wrestler now."

Although his TNA appearances are scripted, the matches' extreme physicality and potential for injury are very real; one wrong move or bad fall in the ring could flatten the hope that's been building since April, when Angle announced he intended to compete for a spot on the American roster for next summer's games in London.

"I haven't toned down my style in the (pro) ring," says Angle, "but I toned down the danger level." He has a long-term contract with TNA and intends to return to it full-time — before the Olympics if he doesn't make the team, after if he does.

"If I don't hit a certain number of (appearances), I'll make it up the next year," Angle says. "And if I don't hit enough that year, I'll work the fourth year for free. They've been very good to me and I'm very loyal to them. They want me to go for it. They're not giving me this time off to sit on my ass."

The young wrestlers with whom he's training, some of them 20 years or more his junior, seem to respect his achievements as a collegiate and Olympic wrestler, even if the early successes came before they were born, he says. He's not, he insists, looked at as an old man trying to reclaim glory after selling out his legitimacy for pro wrestling's fame and riches.

"I get respect, because of what I've done and how hard I'm training now," he says. "I'm one of America's greatest Olympic wrestlers of all time, (and) I'm rated one of the greatest college wrestlers ever. Whether I succeed or fail, I believe they'll all stand up and clap. They'll say, 'At least he tried; he did everything possible, and he really went for it.'

[http://blog.timesunion.com/localarts/kurt-angle-talks-wrestling-ahead-of-times-union-center-show/20601/