TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

The contracts

qfrodri85

[21]Jan 1, 2010
    • level: 27
    Is it true that Cody Deaner's fired?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[22]Jan 1, 2010
    • level: 52
    Yup he was let go.

telvisnostic

[23]Jan 4, 2010

PWinsider wrote:
    PWInsider.com has confirmed Jeff Hardy has signed a deal with TNA, so his appearance tonight was not a one shot deal. I haven't confirmed the length of the deal as of this writing.

No news yet on Shannon though.

qfrodri85

[24]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 27
    telvisnostic wrote:

No news yet on Shannon though.

Hope he doesn't get hired... but they will because he's friends with Jeff Hardy.

Shannon Moore is just as relevant as Val Venis and Orlando Jordan are to wrestling.

telvisnostic

[25]Jan 5, 2010
    It seems as if he's a hanger on. But I loved him in WCW.

telvisnostic

[26]Jan 5, 2010

Update:

Wrestlesone wrote:

Despite his ongoing legal isssues, PWInsider.com is reporting that Jeff Hardy has indeed signed a deal with TNA. We don't know at this time how long the deal is good for, but we do know that last night's appearance on Impact was not a one time thing for Hardy. He did in fact sign some type of deal which will see him appear on the show regularly.

It's being said that the main reason why Hardy decided to work for TNA instead of making a return to WWE is that he has simply grown tired of the grueling WWE work and travel schedule. Working for TNA will allow Hardy to still maintain his status as a top star, make great money, spend time on other projects that he wants to work on, and not have to travel and work as many dates.

Edited on 01/05/2010 2:37pm

telvisnostic

[27]Jan 6, 2010

Wrestlezone wrote:

The Wrestling Observer reported earlier today that Ric Flair has signed a 65 date deal with TNA which will see him work those dates over the course of a year.

I spoke to a source today who has provided me with more details concerning Flair's current TNA deal. Apparently, Flair had been holding out on signing a deal with TNA as he was unsure about the contract he was receiving and wanted a deal directly with Panda Energy. However, in an effort to get Flair on Impact this past Monday night, TNA offered him a much higher amount of money than he had expected, which made the deal something Flair could not refuse.

Additionally, it's being said that TNA is very high on Flair at the moment because they see him as someone who could potentially boost the company's popularity in various international markets. TNA wants to use him as an ambassador of sorts, and as someone who can represent the company internationally to ultimately help make it appear more major league.

Some feel, however, that Flair's heart is not really in TNA, and that he is simply taking the big pay day without much interest in where the company actually goes.

It should also be noted that in addition to using Flair as an "ambassador," TNA still plans to use him as an on-air character and as a sporadic wrestler.

telvisnostic

[28]Jan 20, 2010

Yesterday, F4WOnline.com reported that Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson is working on a short term deal with TNA. Additionally, it was reported that Anderson is working on a show-to-show basis and has not agreed to a long term deal with the company.

After speaking to a source in TNA today who is very close to the situation, I can now confirm that Anderson is in fact working on a show-to-show deal with the company, however, TNA has him signed to an exclusive contract, which means he cannot simply jump ship to WWE or any other promotion for that matter for quite some time. I have been told that TNA has exclusivity on Anderson for approximately one year. So, a "show-to-show deal" basically means that Anderson is being paid per appearance, but that should not be taken to mean that Anderson's deal is "short term" or that he is free to jump ship to other promotions should he want to.

It should also be noted that Eric Bischoff has been telling people that Anderson is exactly what TNA is looking for right now.

Link

telvisnostic

[29]Jan 20, 2010

Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Dave Meltzer, there are still conflicting reports going around regarding the TNA status of Jeff Hardy. People in TNA are saying that he signed a deal while people close to Hardy are saying it isn't true. The fact that Hardy didn't appear at the PPV or this week's TV tapings seems to indicate the latter.

WWE is still interested in bring Hardy back but it's unlikely something will happen until after his trial is over.

According to one person close to Hardy, it's possible he showed up on the January 4th Impact as a way to get back at WWE. Apparently, Hardy was upset about WWE and CM Punk mocking his arrest on television when he (Hardy) wasn't an active member of the roster.

People close to Hardy also feel that he wasted his time making the TNA appearance since he comes off as a much bigger star in WWE.

-NOdq

telvisnostic

[30]Jan 31, 2010
    Hernandez might be gone for a while. More info here.

telvisnostic

[31]Mar 1, 2010

We at Wrestling-Radio.com have been informed that the TNA career of Awesome Kong has come to an end.

She has posted the following on her official Twitter page:"I'd like to thank @tnaDixie and all of the employees at TNA for wishing me the very best in my future endeavors."

telvisnostic

[32]Mar 4, 2010
    Traci Brooks is done and she has already released a statement.

Traci Brooks Comments On Being Released:

Link

telvisnostic

[33]Mar 5, 2010
    Roxxie, Sean Morley (Q will be happy) have apparently been released.

RVD supposedly signed with the company. Call me when I care.
    Edited on 03/29/2010 4:12pm

telvisnostic

[35]Mar 29, 2010

Wrestlezone wrote:
    TNA has removed Consequences Creed from their official online roster. According to ProWrestling.net, Creed is apparently no longer with the company.

telvisnostic

[36]Apr 4, 2010
    :
    Credit: F4WOnline.com

Dave Meltzer has confirmed that Christopher Daniels was released by TNA earlier this week. This explains his appearance on last night's Ring of Honor PPV using his old Fallen Angel gimmick and first name, neither of which was part of his most recent persona in TNA.
    **** you TNA! You didn't know how to use him anyway.
    Now I get to see him in Indy shows coming to my area!

Crulex1369

[37]Apr 4, 2010
    • level: 26

telvisnostic wrote:
    :
    Credit: F4WOnline.com Dave Meltzer has confirmed that Christopher Daniels was released by TNA earlier this week. This explains his appearance on last night's Ring of Honor PPV using his old Fallen Angel gimmick and first name, neither of which was part of his most recent persona in TNA.
    **** you TNA! You didn't know how to use him anyway. Now I get to see him in Indy shows coming to my area!

First Kong and now Daniels!? This is bullsh*t! *Clap clap clap-clap-clap!*

telvisnostic

[38]Apr 4, 2010
    Kong is in an ROH thing in May and so is Christopher Daniels, so me thinks tickets shall be mine hopefully.

telvisnostic

[39]Apr 10, 2010

Various Sites wrote:
    TNA star Orlando Jordan posted the following on his Twitter account: "Yes, I did sign a multi-term deal with TNA. And trust me, I'm just getting started, people."
    Oh boy. I'll say this, I don't think he's a bad wrestler, I do think that this real life gimmick of his will not go far.

telvisnostic

[40]Apr 30, 2010
    TNA Wrestling Facebook wrote:
    Effective immediately, TNA Wrestling has elected to terminate the services of Todd Clem p/k/a Bubba the Love Sponge.
    This is the reason why.