TNA Pay-Per-View Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season

TNA Knockouts News

telvisnostic

[1]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 52

-- Pro Wrestling Illustrated will be releasing an issue similar to the "PWI 500," but based on the women of professional wrestling instead. They're calling it the first annual "PWI Female 50," which ranks the top 50 women's wrestlers. PWI feels there is enough credible women's wrestlers out there now to warrant a top 50 ranking. Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Awesome Kong, with "The Beautiful People" - Angelina Love and Velvet Sky - in the front, grace the magazine cover. You can see the magazine cover at www.PWI-Online.com. The issue is scheduled to hit newsstands on Tuesday, September 23. No word yet on who landed the coveted number one spot.

-- The latest issue of The Wrestler/Inside Wrestling has an article on reigning TNA Women's Knockout Champion Taylor Wilde. Wilde talks about her wrestling career and gives insight on why WWE's women division is so much different than TNA's. "The WWE developmental system has changed women's wrestling for WWE," the TNA Women's Knockout Champion said. "The first thing that comes to mind when you think of TNA women's wrestling is diversity. Knockouts have so many different flavors of girls - short, tall, different weight ****s, and racial backgrounds. And it makes for much more of an interesting division, wrestling aside. WWE has come to a point where they have a lot of models, and they're clean-cut and cookie cutter-esque. There are only a few girls in developmental, and you can't work outside your territory. Their ability to get experience outside of five girls is lacking. Everyone picks up the same skills and it all goes back to diversity. TNA Knockouts are girls I've seen travel the world and have a lot of experience, and it shows in the ring."

-pwmania.com

Edited on 12/19/2011 11:32am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Sep 13, 2008

TNA Knockout Angelina Love recently spoke to Slam Wrestling in Canada to promote this Sunday's No Surrender PPV. You can read the entire thing at this link. Here are the highlights:

What makes TNA's women different from WWE's: Everybody has their own different look, and that means you're going to see different things each week. We can all wrestle, which is a huge difference between the (WWE) Divas and the Knockouts. When I got signed by the competition, I had my hair all braided and I was told to take them out, it was too different of a look. I asked, 'Do they not want something different, or do they want twenty of the same girl?', and I was told twenty of the same girl. I became Random Blonde 14, and it really didn't mean much.

On the TNA roster: The X Division (are) all young with very bright futures ahead of them -- (****) can do anything in the ring ... I think everybody would put him at the top of their list. I think all of them are up-and-comers and can really change women's wrestling from what it's been for a while to what it should be."

On the current status of the company: Getting Spike TV was a huge move. And I'm really glad that they're doing more house shows and travelling for pay-per-views, because the Orlando crowd (where TNA tapes their weekly television) is spoiled.

-wrestlezone.com

telvisnostic

[3]Sep 13, 2008
    Report: ODB's TNA Contract Set To Expire Shortly
    Posted by: Wrestling-Radio.com
    TNA Knockout ODB's contract with the company will be expiring in a few weeks.

She, along with a number of other girls, signed deals with TNA late last October following their respective tryouts in a battle royal match at the Bound For Glory pay-per-view.

We haven't heard anything on ODB renewing her deal with TNA yet, but the chances of her leaving are highly unlikely as she's a pretty big part of the Knockouts division and WWE's likely not interested in her.

WWE had her under their nose in Ohio Valley Wrestling in 2006/2007, and despite being the most over female in the promotion at the time, were never interested in signing her to a developmental contract due to her looks.

Source: ewrestlingnews.com

Report: Salinas' TNA Contract Set To Expire Shortly
    For the record, Salinas' contract with TNA expires near the end of next month.

She, along with a number of other girls, signed deals with TNA late last October following their respective tryouts in a battle royal match at the Bound For Glory pay-per-view.

We haven't heard anything on her renewing her deal with TNA yet, but it doesn't look like she's leaving the company as she's a pretty big part of LAX.

Source: ewrestlingnews.com

Report: The Beautiful Peoples TNA Contracts Set To Expire Shortly
    It's interesting to note that the TNA contracts of "The Beautiful People" - Angelina Love and Velvet Sky - are set to expire at the end of next month.

Velvet Sky and Angelina Love, along with a number of other girls, signed deals with TNA late last October following their respective tryouts in a battle royal match at the Bound For Glory pay-per-view.

It's pretty much a given that TNA will be renewing them, that is of course if WWE doesn't interfere in contract negotiations like in the case of Gail Kim.

"The Beautiful People" are perhaps TNA's hottest property on their most consistently watched division. To lose them would be a huge blow to the Knockouts division to say the least.

Angelina Love was previously under a developmental contract to WWE, but was let go in May 2007. She was close to being called up to the main roster a few times, but could never break through for one reason or another.

Velvet Sky has worked with WWE a few times in the past. She wrestled Victoria in a match on Heat in July 2005. She also did guest spots during a JBL championship celebration in February 2005 and on an episode of WWE Heat in January 2006 with The Heart Throbs. She also tried out for the Diva Search last year, but was unable to make the final cut. She also is the real-life girlfriend of WWE superstar Gregory Helms.

Now that the two have proven themselves in TNA, WWE will know what to expect from them and you'd have to think that the duo will be given a second look from them.

telvisnostic

[4]Sep 15, 2008

First off I hope they all don't leave, but already has.

sm

Wrestlezone wrote:
    Shelly Martinez posted the following at her myspace site:

Hey everyone! First I want to say to everyone who ordered my photos sorry for the delay. The printing held it up so I will send those off this week and have a little gift for you guys or gals for the trouble!!

Anywho, this blog is about choices. Sometimes in life you find yourself saying "I have no choice" and you follow your heart even if it seems at the time your heart may be breaking when you do follow your heart and commit to it. I made a big decision recently and when it is time to talk about it I promise I will have a follow up blog explaining. I care about all my fans and appreciate your support. On a good note, when you find it's time to close a door another door (weather you looking or not) opens right up and I've peaked inside and decided to open it and walk right in LOL

Starting tomorrow I will be begin to film an Italian inspired thriller. I had rehearsal yesterday and my costar and I have great chemistry together so it will be grand!! YAY!! I am working on having my camera guy shoot some behind the scene for my new site!! Yes, I am disappointed to lose something important to me for this role but at the same time change, scary change, always seems to lead to bigger and better things. I will keep you all posted, until then remember no matter what 5150 LAX por vida!!!!

Shelly

tna salinas Salinas Quits
    After a dispute with management, Salinas has decided to leave TNA.
    [ read more ]

-wrestlingrevealed.com

Edited on 09/15/2008 3:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

qfrodri85

[5]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 27
    You know, Salinas wanted more money from TNA. Business. But still, she hardly wrestles, so TNA can replace her with another latina with big boobs that can't wrestle.

telvisnostic

[6]Sep 16, 2008

In the article they did mention that. I think she wanted more money because she's a part of one of the most popular teams in TNA. I did read that she could wrestle from people who've seen he in the past. But from what I saw on TNA...*shakes head*

She's absolutely gorgeous and I don't think LAX can get another women who looks like that to take her role, Hector is enough.

telvisnostic

[7]Sep 21, 2008

Knockouts Bring Ratings

More people stayed tuned to the finals of the beauty pageant than Jeff Jarrett's much anticipated television return to TNA on last week's iMPACT!. His return, with Sting cutting a promo, plus the main event match featuring Abyss & Matt Morgan vs. Kurt Angle & Booker T lost 193,000 viewers. The quarter hour was coming off the final beauty pageant segment featuring Taylor Wilde playing the drums and Angelina Love & Velvet Sky telling a knock-knock joke. Their segment actually drew Impact's peak rating for the night - a 1.26. The segment also gained 40,000 viewers. Samoa Joe's three matches with Johnny Devine, Lance Rock and Tomko drew the biggest gain of the show - 193,000 viewers and a 1.23 rating. In other ratings notes, Christian vs. Abyss and the Angelina Love-Taylor Wilde evening gown contest lost 41,000 viewers. The Karen's Angle segment with Sting lost 41,000 viewers. The Love vs. Wilde bikini contest and A.J. ****-Frank Trigg angle gained 110,000 viewers. The Awesome Kong vs. Roxxi "Bimbo Brawl" match gained 55,000 viewers. Overall, the show drew a 1.09 cable rating and 1.5 million viewers. Impact did a 0.67 in Males 18-34 and 0.97 in Males 35-49. The show did huge in the Male teens demo, drawing a 1.68 rating. The show drew a 0.24 in Women 18-49.

-redhotdivas.com

telvisnostic

[8]Nov 3, 2008

» TNA Knockout Angelina Love was shaken up following a shot to the throat from Christy Hemme during their match at Monday's iMPACT! taping (which aired this past Thursday). It was quite obvious that Love suffered the injury early in the match as she was seen clutching her throat and was limited for the rest of the contest as a result. Love was said to be feeling better the next day and is not expected to miss any ring time.

» TNA Knockout Roxxi Laveaux, under her real name Nikki Roxx, will be wrestling former WWE developmental performer Tracy Taylor on Saturday, November 15 PGWA as part of the SAW show that night in Millersville, Tennessee at the SAW Arena. For more information on the show, visit LadySports.com.

» Angelina Love is the latest TNA Knockout to be featured in IGN.com's "Babe of the Day." You can see Love's profile & photos at the following stars.ign.com. Other Knockouts featured on IGN.com include Christy Hemme, SoCal Val and Karen Angle.

telvisnostic

[9]Nov 9, 2008

» TNA officials have had discussions on building a feud between TNA Women's Knockout Champion Awesome Kong and Rhaka Khan. Either way, it definitely looks like TNA plans on giving Khan a chance as a singles wrestler.

» Awesome Kong, one of the focal parts of TNA's Knockout division recently got heat from management when her contract expired and she tried to play hardball and get a pay rise. TNA out right refused and gave her a verbal bashing for even considering it. It is believed she renewed at a similar deal as she originally signed, although her renewal is not 100% confirmed; they may still be in negotiations Despite drawing consistently high ratings (many times the highest on iMPACT!) the women make less than the male midcarders. The feeling is that because Gail Kim has yet to show up in WWE they have less "well I'll go to WWE instead" bargaining power.

I'm glad. Now they just have to have her battle Roxxi. It should be fun!

telvisnostic

[10]Nov 12, 2008

awesome kong Kong Signs Contract
    After a minor dispute, Awesome Kong has decided to sign a contract to remain with TNA.
    [ read more ]

christy hemme Hemme Speaks
    TNA Knockout Christy Hemme recently discusses why she left WWE in 2005.
    [ read more ]

-wrestlingrevealed.com

telvisnostic

[14]Mar 20, 2009
    WrestlingRadio wrote:
    It's being reported that TNA Knockouts Rhaka Khan and Roxxi became involved in some sort of altercation backstage, the result of which Roxxi suffered a black eye. However, the story has apparently been changed to Roxxi being stiffed in a match that was taped for "iMPACT!" recently, which is apparently how the "Hardcore Knockout" suffered the black eye from Khan.

The UK-based "Sun", however, states that the two women became involved in a heated exchange at a recent show, with Roxxi receiving the black eye as the result of feeling that Khan had stiffed her in a match intentionally.

Several TNA workers have stated that Khan is not liked backstage at all and has a horrible attitude. Reports are that she doesn't want to do any training at all in order to improve her in-ring skills, and the majority of the organization are being rubbed the wrong way because Khan carries herself as if she were a huge star.

It's also interesting to note that Khan is currently dating Kurt Angle, and apparently no one says anything to her face about their problems with her on account of the fact that Angle has a lot of political stroke in TNA. Due to Khan's relationship with Angle, it can be said that she is in a secure spot with TNA since the company will not release her because of her relationship with the former TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

telvisnostic

[15]May 1, 2009

TNA Wrestling released Roxxi yesterday, according to several sources. As previously noted on PWInsider.com in our Elite section, Roxxi and Rhaka Khan had been serving a 60 days suspension following a backstage issue that became physical several weeks back at an Impact taping. I am told that in the midst of the suspension, the decision was made not to bring her back.

Roxxi, real name Nicole Raczynski, began wrestling in the New England area under the ring name Nikki Roxx and was brought into TNA in July 2007 as a second for BG and Kip James as "The Voodoo Queen" Roxxi Laveaux.

As the Knockouts division grew, she became something of an underdog in the division with fans getting behind her as she was having regular good matches with Gail Kim, The Beautiful People and Awesome Kong, among others.

The Laveaux surname was dropped after the 2008 Sacrifice PPV, where she lost a multi-woman bout where the final loser would have her head shaved. The loss of her hair actually increased her popularity with fans in the Orlando area due to the sympathy factor.

In more recent months, she was pushed as the hardcore Knockout, using weapons and cursing regularly. While she had not been in the top mix for the Knockouts title of late, she was easily in the top three babyfaces for that side of the division and still had strong fan support when the decision was made to let her go.

TNA quietly removed Roxxi's profile from their website this morning.

-PWinsider

telvisnostic

[16]May 2, 2009

The Timmins Daily Press in Canada featured an article today on Traci Brooks discussing overcoming her handicap, Erb's Palsy, to become a professional wrestler at this link.

PWinsider

telvisnostic

[17]Jun 26, 2009
    Sarita aka Sarah Stock's trailer for her debut...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INNVKaCn1cg

telvisnostic

[18]Sep 4, 2009

In a move that will probably take most fans of the company by surprise, former TNA Knockouts champion Angelina Love of the Beautiful People was released late yesterday by the company.

According to numerous sources within the company, there was some sort of issue with Love's work visa
    (she's Canadian) expiring and not being renewed as needed.

Love, who worked for TNA as recently as the Impact tapings this past Monday and Tuesday, had been working on a work visa
    originally granted to her from when she was under a WWE developmental deal. The existing visa has either expired or will expire shortly.

One TNA source referred to it as the company's "hands being tied" since they can't legally use Love if she doesn't have her paperwork in order. There was a lot of unhappiness within the company regarding the entire situation going down, although it seemed to be more disappointment as opposed to heat on Love.

My guess is that TNA would bring her back if and when she can get her paperwork in order, although the release would conceivably leave her available to sign with WWE and work there (pending a new work visa).

Love and Velvet Sky, as the Beautiful People, had been the top heel act for the TNA Knockouts division and were scheduled to be involved in an important bout on the No Surrender PPV on 9/22.

There's no word yet as to how Love will be written out of TNA storylines at this time.

-PWinsider

BTW

She's returning soon.

telvisnostic

[19]Nov 11, 2009

Source: PWInsider.com

It was reported last week that Sojournor Bolt's future with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling appeared to be in doubt. According to sources, she was released by the organization this past week as they opted against renewing her contract.

Further confirming her departure from the organization, her photo gallery was removed from the company website's Knockouts section last night. However, her profile remains on the roster page. The reason for this is because the company may opt to continue using Sojo on a pay-per-appearance basis, so there is a good chance we haven't the last of her in the six-sided ring.

The veteran women's wrestler had been sparingly used since Dutch Mantel's departure from TNA this past summer and the feeling was her days in the company were numbered.

Randyspeeps

[20]Nov 11, 2009
    • level: 34
    They really have a lot of knockout on their roster that barely gets air time. Bolt was one of them, so I don't see her departure from the company as a loss.