|Random thing I found. Do you all agree or disagree? Discuss if you like.|
doesnt really matter imo
Sunday 8:00 PM on In Season
|For those who have asked, the Thursday episodes of Impact going forward will be taped. There are no plans for live Thursday broadcasts at this juncture. |
Live specials on Mondays are not out of the question going forward, although it won't happen for "quite some time", according to one source. The plan is to push TNA and Thursdays as one and the same for SpikeTV. http://pwinsider.com/index.php
|Pre-Show Tryout Match: |
* Los Ben Dejos w/Simon Diamond vs. Generation Me. Simon was introduced as El Grando Wizard. Winners via combo springboard leg drop and standing shooting star press, Generation Me. Los Ben Dejos are local graduates of the Team 3D Academy and wrestle local indies.
TNA Impact (Airing Thursday, May 13, 2010 on Spike TV):
* Impact opening
* Eric Bischoff out first. He says he really does love each and everyone of us. He introduces the TNA Heavyweight Champion, Rob Van Dam. TNA has a poll to see the top ten rankings to see who he�d face. Jeff Hardy is the next on the list after Desmond Wolfe, so nothing would be better than RVD vs. Hardy tonight. Only problem is no one can find Hardy so they�ll give him the night off. RVD says he loves being champ and the best thing is defending the belt so no night off for because he�s the whole F�N show. AJ Styles� music hits and he comes out and says watch your mouth, you�re a champion for God�s sake and a role model. He asks RVD if he wants to wrestle because AJ is in the mood to hurt someone. AJ asks if he thinks the people came to see RVD? No, they came to see AJ because he is TNA. He says even though he has RVD in 3 days, he still wants the match tonight because he will always be champ. Jeff Hardy�s music hits and out he comes. He says he�s been confused by the new days to show up and doesn�t have a secretary but he�s here tonight for his match. AJ protests and says it�s his match. Hardy says RVD is the champ so how about he makes it a 3 way? Bischoff says that�s a great idea and says the match is tonight.
* JB backstage with the Beautiful People talking about Tara. Madison Rayne says Tara needs to get over it that she�s not the champ anymore and she is now. Velvet Sky says they�re going to stay champs after the PPV because she said so. Lacey interrupts because she really has to pee and runs off. Madison asks why she�s here and Velvet says it�s because she�s pretty, that�s why.
* Taylor Wilde vs. Tara. Taylor went for a springing splash off the second turnbuckle and Tara kicked her in the gut and got the pin. Afterward Tara beat Taylor with her knee brace. Sarita ran out for the save. Afterwards they�d showed footage of Chelsea in the back crying while a major scene was going down with security and officials trying to find out what�s going on. Desmond was trying to get some room for her as this was going on.
* Brian Kendrick vs ?. Before we find out we go back to Chelsea crying as police are coming to investigate. Brian Kendrick vs. Douglas Williams. He still has the X Division belt with him. Before the match, Douglas calls Kendrick a loser and hasn�t seen him a single Match so he isn�t worthy of a shot at the title so this is non title. Kazarian comes out to join the commentary table. During the match, Kaz comes to the ring to get the belt and it distracts Williams long enough for Kendrick to get the win via schoolboy.
* Christy Hemme in the back tries to get a word with Pat Kenney about a possible assailant. Kenney says he can�t believe what he heard and leaves.
* Generation Me vs ?. They go to the back and Christy Hemme says if the assailant is true it will be major news. Police aren�t allowing the name to be released. Generation Me vs Matt Morgan Morgan gives one the Hellevator and the other the Carbon Footprint. Morgan gets on the mic and says they warned Hogan there�d be carnage if he didn�t tell him who their partner would be at Sacrifice. Morgan gets ready to stomp one of the Me�s and Samoa Joe comes out for the save and Musclebusters Morgan and takes off.
* After Joe is gone and Morgan is out, the Band come out with the briefcase for the tag title shot. Nash and Hall cash it in. Nash just pins Morgan immediately. Winner and new TNA Tag Team Champions, the Band.
* Beer Money, Inc. vs. Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D vs. Ink Inc. One of Shannon Moore�s earrings was ripped out and he�s bleeding profusely Winner via Spear from Neal on Brother Ray, Ink Inc. Team 3D gets in Jesse�s face afterwards, mad that they�re the ones who trained him and got him here and this the thanks they get.
* For the Global Championship, Rob Terry vs. Abyss. Abyss doesn�t come out when his music plays. Orlando Jordan sneaks in from the crowd and low blows Terry and holds onto Terry�s package for a prolonged time. Jordan gets a pipe and beats Terry with it. He shows Terry a playing card, probably the queen of hearts, and then throws the deck on Terry. Jordan gets on the mic and says it�s about time to cut the foreplay. He does what he wants, says what he wants and acts how he wants because he�s the TNA wildcard. He asks if the people want him to leave. They say yes. OJ says he�ll let them fulfill their every fantasy. He challenges anyone in the back to make him leave. Tomko comes out and we get Orlando Jordan vs. Tomko. Winner via guillotine choke, Orlando Jordan.
* Backstage, Bischoff says Tara sure is going to wrestle again. Her attitude has been piss poor and what she did to Taylor was uncalled for. He tells her to get out to the ring right now.
* Sarita vs. Tara. Winner via knee brace shot to Sarita while the ref was blinded, Tara. Afterwards she attacked Sarita but the ref broke it up.+
* TNA Champion Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles. Mr. Anderson came out during the match and attacked Hardy. At the same time, AJ pulled the referee in the way of an RVD top rope sidekick. AJ dove onto everybody on the outside. RVD got spiked with a DDT on the outside and AJ rolled him in for the win.
* Hardy gets on the mic with RVD afterwards. He tells RVD to leave because he�s got this. He calls Anderson to the ring right now and let�s do this. Anderson makes like he�s going to the ring but goes to leave instead. Hogan�s music hits and Hogan won�t let him leave. Hardy attacks Anderson and they begin to brawl all over the place. Hardy swantons off the announce table onto a prone Mr. Anderson who was on a table below.
* From Generation Me, Matt Buck vs. Kazarian. Winner via his finisher, Kazarian. It�s like if someone goes for a code red and the person taking it holds on and drops down to his knees, I just don�t know what to call it.
* Homicide & Okada vs Ink Inc. Winner via Spear from Jesse Neal to Homicide, Ink Inc.
|Force Of Wrestling wrote:|
|Dave Meltzer noted on his Wrestling Observer Radio Show last night that TNA will be making a lot of budget cuts this week, getting rid of the non-needed TNA talent and talent that has not been used in recent months. Meltzer said the situation was "not good" and that "things are going to start happening soon." |
With Meltzer noting that things are going to start happening soon and that it is not looking good, you would have to assume that TNA may have to release certain individuals on high-earning contracts.
Stay tuned to the site for more details.
|Geek Week wrote:|
|Jake Black | May 18 2010, 9:05 AM |
Do you know people who face failure after failure/lack of progression in work, relationships, or life in general and consistently blame everything around them for the failure/lack of progression? Whether it's because their boss/co-worker is out to get them, or the economy, or whatever, there is always something to blame. I know some folks like this, and they never seem to take responsibility for the consequences of their lives. I know bad things can happen without rhyme or reason (I'm a cancer survivor, so I truly get that...), and sometimes the boss is out to get you. But I'm talking about people who fail all the time, repeatedly, and yet still never do self reflection, and ask "Maybe it's me?" I think TNA is stuck in a position like that.
TNA's ratings have been low. And they keep blaming everything else for the decline. They are not willing to ask if it's them. Yet they continue to drive away their audience. It's because of their haphazard, out of control booking. And, it seems, they need to hire new creative blood. EVERYONE is saying that. The TNA audience would grow if the product was better. They'd be a much more viable company is they would book logical, interesting storylines and not keep throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. Yet, they are stubbornly staying the course. At what point do they ask "Maybe it's me?"
An old cliche says "Why should you expect different results if you keep doing the same things over and over?" What will it take? TNA has SO much potential. They have a great roster (as of now--rumors of mass firings are running rampant...) They have a supportive TV network. All the pieces are there. The only problem is that their head coach/coaching staff (i.e. creative team) are throwing it away.
Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara are talented guys. But, as with the writing team on any TV show, comic book, or whatever, after a few years, they get burnt out and/or lose what they had originally. It's why the creative team on a comic book is changed every so often. To keep the product fresh and exciting. And to keep the audience. TV is the same way. (Well, real TV, not wrestling, apparently...) Gotta keep getting new talent with new, engaging, exciting perspectives. It's not hard.
I will say, though, that over the past fifteen or twenty years, my two favorite wrestlers have been Sting and RVD...they are the planned main event for the next TNA PPV. I'm VERY excited. (I'm also a little nervous because I don't want TNA to screw it up, but their track record creatively is not good these days...)
But I hope, hope, hope that it will be good.
|I'm expecting a good amount of cuts in the knockout division.|
|According to several sources within TNA, the rumored talent cuts that the company plans to make has reportedly "frazzled" the roster and is said to have some wrestlers very worried. |
Here is a more detailed break down of what TNA plans to do, according to several sources I spoke with today:
As of right now, TNA is reportedly looking at the possibility of restructuring/renegotiating some of the contracts of roster members with guaranteed deals. Talents who are under guaranteed deals receive a certain amount of money, which is guaranteed to them, no matter how many dates they may or may not work. However, TNA is beginning the process of asking several guaranteed contract talents to take pay cuts as the company is trying to cut down on its expenses.
The problem with this for management, however, is that the power lies solely in the hands of the talents. Because the talents are under guaranteed contracts, they can simply say no to TNA's financial requests, and if the company decides to play hard ball, the talents can balk at renegotiation and hold TNA to the terms of the agreement. Should TNA try to get out of the contact, they may be opening themselves up to a claim of breach.
The real worry is coming from the talents who are working under a pay-per-appearance deal, as they know they aren't regarded as top tier players and could be expendable. Several talents who are or were previously under long term deals are now being asked to sign per-appearance deals which has them quite nervous, as this type of offer indirectly tells them that the company does not value them as much as others.
|TNA has hired a PR agency in the United Kingdom to help the company with their media exposure. The company are looking to have more of a role in the usage of their product, especially in the UK, as behind America and Canada, the UK region has the biggest amount of TNA Fans. The company are reportedly set to send one Major TNA Star as well as a TNA Knockout to the UK soon for promotional material. |
Vince Russo is said to be pushing hard for Jim Ross to be signed by TNA. Russo continues to talk about getting out of the creative side of TNA and work in another area of the company.
Cowhead, the host of The Cowhead Show, sent in word that Sean "Syxx Pac" Waltman was in the studio today for an interview on his radio show and announced that the reason he no showed the Lockdown pay-per-view was because he was just tested positive for Hepatitis C. The story making rounds at the time was that he wasn't cleared to wrestle by the Missouri State Commission and informed TNA days prior to the show. Waltman also revealed that he tried to kill himself while in Mexico, hanging himself with a garden hose and taking pills. Fortunately for him, Alicia Webb – the former WWE Diva who performed under the name of Ryan Shamrock – saved him in time. The two dated in 2007. – GerWeck.Net
Update on Jeff Hardy's stupidity from last year.
Vince Russo's possible new job.