X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Austin Aries (c) vs Kid Kash vs Jesse Sorensen vs Zema Ion

TNA Tag Team Championship

CroMagnum (c) vs Joe & Magnus

Gunner vs RVD

1/8/12

Edited on 01/05/2012 8:14pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JLe1223

[2]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 20
    I see what TNA did! XD

telvisnostic

[3]Dec 23, 2011
    • level: 52

New matches added.

telvisnostic

[4]Dec 29, 2011

Updated card.

telvisnostic

[5]Jan 7, 2012

Four Corners Match for the X Division Championship: Champion Austin Aries vs. Kid Kash vs. Jesse Sorensen vs. Zema Ion - If Jesse Sorensen thought the odds were against him at Turning Point, things look even bleaker now that he is in the ring with three heels instead of two. Because of the focus TNA has put on Zema Ion over the past few weeks, I'm picking him to win the match and the championship to shake up the division. Predicted Winner: Zema Ion

D'Angelo Dinero vs. Brother Devon - This is what I wrote about this match back in August when they were about to battle each other at HardCORE Justice.

"Pop quiz. When was the last time each man has won a singles match during a PPV event? Since winning the 8-Card Stud tournament at Against All Odds 2010 last February, D'Angelo has lost seven straight singles matches on PPV. That is still better than Devon, who has yet to win a singles match during a PPV event in his entire career."

Their match back in August was won by D'Angelo. Since then, neither man has won a bout on PPV. I see history being repeated in this match, especially now that Devon's children are in the corner of D'Angelo. Predicted Winner: D'Angelo Dinero

TNA Tag Team Championship: Champions Crimson & Matt Morgan vs. ??? - Matt Morgan and Crimson will defend the title against either the team of AJ Styles and Kazarian or the team of Samoa Joe and Magnus. Those two teams will fight for the right to be in this match on Thursday night's edition of IMPACT WRESTLING. Regardless of who wins that bout on Thursday night, I see the champions retaining the titles until the Motor City Machine Guns return from injury. Then the biggest tag team in TNA will defend the titles against the best team in TNA. Predicted Winners: Crimson & Matt Morgan

Knockouts Championship: Champion Gail Kim vs. Mickie James - Since returning to the company, Gail Kim has dominated the Knockouts division due to the aid of Karen Jarrett and Madison Rayne. Even with Karen Jarrett having been fired from the company, Gail was still able to retain the title against Mickie last week due to the aid of Madison Rayne. I'm picking Gail to retain the title here thanks to Madison and that leading to more issues between Madison Rayne and Sting. I liked the screeching and yelling segment the two had with each other last week at the beginning of the show and am looking forward to seeing more interaction between them. Predicted Winner: Gail Kim

Monster's Ball Match: Abyss vs. Bully Ray - If Abyss loses this match then he must rejoin Immortal. With Scott Steiner and Gunner not being scheduled for the show, I see them interfering and causing Abyss to rejoin his old faction against his will. There is an old saying about being careful for what you wish for. My guess is that within a few weeks Immortal is going to regret having Abyss back in the group. Predicted Winner: Bully Ray

James Storm vs. Kurt Angle - Kurt Angle has been talking about training for the Olympics. If he wants to compete in London, then he will have to earn his way into the games during the Olympic qualifying event taking place on March 30. My guess is that this will be Kurt's final match before focusing exclusively on that tournament. While on the topic of the Olympics, I am excited to announce that I will be covering amateur wrestling for About.com during the 2012 games. Starting later this month, I will be posting several articles about the sport on the site. Predicted Winner: James Storm

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Champion Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy - As I said two months ago, I believe that Bobby Roode will hold onto the title until Lockdown. I see no reason to change my opinion now. Predicted Winner: Bobby Roode

http://prowrestling.about.com/b/2012/01/04/tna-genesis-2012-ppv-predictions.htm?nl=1

-

telvisnostic

[8]Jan 8, 2012

-According to PWinsider, the 4 Way X-division match will open the show.

-This really has to stop. Stop making them curtain jerkers man!

-

telvisnostic

[9]Jan 8, 2012

-The show opened with footage of Roode and Hardy coming into the building at separate times.

-Match 1:

Four Way Elimination match

X Division Championship: Austin Aries (c) vs Kid Kash vs Jesse Sorensen vs Zema Ion

Elimination 1: Ion pins Kash with a 450 Splash.

Elimination 2: Sorenson rolls up Ion for the win.

Elimination 3: Aries hits Sorenson with a top rope Brainbuster on the turnbuckle after Ion has tripped him up on it for the win to retain his championship.

-Borash interviews T&T (Terrence & Terrell) before Dinero came. He kept calling them his sons and said he was their Daddy.

-A video package aired of the feud between Devon & Dinero.

-Match 2:

Devon vs D'Angelo Dinero (w/Terrence and Terrell)

-Dinero demanded his 'son's to attack their father. They hesitated a bit and when they didn't want to do it, Dinero shoved one of his 'sons'. One of the other sons shoved Dinero. He laid out both sons.

Devon wins with his finisher Saving Grace. After the match, his sons came in the ring and they all hugged.

-Borash interviewed Sting about tonight. Sky interrupted and made a case to be the new VP of the Knockouts due to her loyalty with the company. She whispered something in Stings ear about this 'Velvet Touch' and Sting agreed. He then continued to talk about Hardy's redemption and said that tonight it's 'Showtime'.

-Match 3:

Gunner (w/Ric Flair) vs Rob Van Dam

Flair pulled Gunner out of the way to avoid a move by Van Dam. After that, Gunner took Van Dam, hit a DDT on the concrete floor while on the outside of the ring while Flair distracted the ref, rolled him into the ring and picked up the win with the pin.

-After the match, the ref made the 'x' sign with his hands so that trainers could come out and check on him. He ended up getting stretchered out.

-Borash said that he'll update everyone on Van Dam's status as time progresses. In the back interviewed Hardy. He was face painting and said that he is resurrected.

-Match 4:

TNA Knockouts Championship: Gail Kim (c) vs Mickie James

-Before the match, a cage with pink bars was shown at ringside. It was the 'Velvet touch' that Sky was referring to. It was for Madison Rayne. Rayne refused to get in it and she got shoved in by Sky. It was then raised into the air.

Kim retains by DQ due to Mickie James using the brass knucks that Madison threw down for Gail.

-Borash interviewed Bull Ray in the back. Ray said that he's the real king of hardcore and others bow down to him. He mentioned Funk & Foley. He said Abyss will be Immortal's bitch once again.

-A video package of the history and feud between Abyss and Ray aired.

-Match 5:

Monster's Ball match: If Abyss loses, he will have to re-join Immortal

Abyss vs Bully Ray

Abyss wins via a Black Hole Slam onto Ray on a board with barbed wire that Ray brought into the ring.

-Borash interviewed Crimson & Morgan about their match tonight.

-Match 6:

TNA Tag Team Championship: Matt Morgan & Crimson (c) vs. Samoa Joe and Magnus

-5 minutes into the match, they took us backstage to see Ray & Abyss brawling.

Morgan & Crimson retained with a double chokeslam on Magnus that saw Morgan get the sine for his team.

-Borahs interviewed Storm in the back about his match up next.

-Match 7:

Kurt Angle vs James Storm

-During the match Restaurant: Impossible star, Robert Irvine was shown in the stands.

-It was all back and forth for a while.

Angle won by giving a low blow and a kick to the head of Storm to pick up the win.

-Tenay in the end said that it was all all even until Angle too the low road.

-They go backstage to where Ray & Abyss were fighting earlier. He was asked about it and where Abyss was. He basically acted like he had no idea what they were talking about.

-A video package of the issues between Roode & Hardy was shown.

-The Main Event

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Bobby Roode (c) vs Jeff Hardy

-Borash interviewed Roode and laid into the fans and Hardy.

-Jeremy Borash did the ring introductions.

-Roode kept leaving the ring, hoping for a count out. Each time Hardy would bring him back inside the ring. The last time he rolled into the ring, he has the championship belt. He tried to use it, but the ref broke it up. Roode rolled Hardy up and tried to cheat to win, but the ref said no. He proceeded to back off, but then turned around and kicked the ref in the groin area. Jeff hit his finisher and then the ref called for the bell while writhing in pain.

Jeff Hardy won by DQ.

-After the match was over, an upset Jeff took his shirt off, hit his finisher and then did a Swanton on Roode. He then picked up the championship, ran around the ring and tossed it back to Roode.

-The camera zoomed in on Roode coddling his championship, whilst Hardy walked up the ramp looking upset and distraught.

Edited on 01/09/2012 1:57pm