Toad Patrol Forums

Toon Disney

Is the 3rd season doomed?

ilovemytv

[1]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 3
    Well, I have proof from two different websites that there was a 3rd season of Toad Patrol tht began production, however it's a high possibility that the early plans of production have been scrapped due to the unfortunate passing of Long John Baldry, the voice of Mistle Toad. The Wikipedia entry for Toad Patrol, as bad as it may be, also voices this thought. I'm trying to get a hold of ESP through email, but as we all know, this is probably a lost cause. I do however plan to contact Funbag with an inquiry, but I doubt they'll be able to release the information, as news of new episodes of any show are usually kept quiet until press conferences, plus the copyrights are owned by ESP. I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best...

Links to proof of 3rd season:
    Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_Patrol
    Trade Marketplace LLC - http://www.trademarketplace.com/pages/6/
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Nov 8, 2005
    • level: 66
    :
    Well, I have proof from two different websites that there was a 3rd season of Toad Patrol tht began production, however it's a high possibility that the early plans of production have been scrapped due to the unfortunate passing of Long John Baldry, the voice of Mistle Toad.

I didn't know Long John Baldry had passed on. How sad!

:
    The Wikipedia entry for Toad Patrol, as bad as it may be, also voices this thought.

Wikipedia is user-submitted though --- you can bet whoever posted that saw that Trade Marketplace page. The DVD stuff on there I added myself.

:
    I'm trying to get a hold of ESP through email, but as we all know, this is probably a lost cause. I do however plan to contact Funbag with an inquiry, but I doubt they'll be able to release the information, as news of new episodes of any show are usually kept quiet until press conferences, plus the copyrights are owned by ESP. I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best...

Well, let's not give up hope yet. Even though Baldry has passed, they could have recorded before that happened. And, push comes to shove, they could also have somebody else do the voice. It's too bad none of us could have made it to that Run for the Toad --- I would have loved the chance to ask somebody there about it directly.

ilovemytv

[3]Nov 9, 2005
    Yeah, it really is too bad. I thought I posted news of his passing on the forum, back when it was TV Tome. Hmm...you're right though, recording is usually the first part of the process. Well, I haven't been able to contact anyone on the subject, but I shall keep my fingers crossed.

Kudoshido

[4]Nov 10, 2005
    • level: 19
    Oh no, I really hope it isn't scrapped, that just be horrible. I loved Baldry, but I honestly wouldn't mind if replacing him would get me my new season.

The info on the Wiki page looks so...out of place...though "But Teletoon Is Currently Making 13 More Episodes. But It Might Not Happen Because Long John Baldry Died In July 2005." All the cappies.. weird.

agent_0042

[5]Nov 11, 2005
    Change it then --- like I said, Wikipedia is user-submitted, just go in and fix it. Or maybe I will if I have the chance...

Kudoshido

[6]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 19
    It's not that it's an eye sore or anything. I just ...don't trust people that type like that.

agent_0042

[7]Nov 12, 2005
    I'll change it then --- it actually is a bit of an eyesore to me. I think I'll fix up some other stuff on there as well, now that I have an account there.

ilovemytv

[8]Nov 14, 2005
    The whole thing was done by people with no real idea of the show! Toad Hallow? Spirit Trees? Come on...

Edit: By the way Agent, while you're at it, you might as well submit a photo I took from a tape and uploaded. It includes all 8 toadlets (excluding Mistle Toad and Earth Star...unfortunately, it's impossible to take a still with all the toadlets and these two, without doctoring it)
    The link http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/notatot/still14.jpg

Knight42092

[9]Nov 15, 2005
    • level: 25
    I hope Toad Patrol isn't over. I really would like to see it on television again.

agent_0042

[10]Nov 15, 2005
    :
    The whole thing was done by people with no real idea of the show! Toad Hallow? Spirit Trees? Come on...

Yeah, I know, it's messed up. I've already made a few corrections, but for some reason it won't let edit the top part. I may just have to contact Wikipedia and see what they can do.

:
    Edit: By the way Agent, while you're at it, you might as well submit a photo I took from a tape and uploaded. It includes all 8 toadlets (excluding Mistle Toad and Earth Star...unfortunately, it's impossible to take a still with all the toadlets and these two, without doctoring it)The link http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/notatot/still14.jpg

Thanks for that! I'll see about getting that posted then.

:
    I hope Toad Patrol isn't over. I really would like to see it on television again.

Yeah, we all would. Definitely.

ilovemytv

[11]Nov 18, 2005
    Maybe they don't want irresponsible users tampering with legit information. Ah well...shall be good to see it back in respectable shape.

Knight: Wouldn't we all...

agent_0042

[12]Nov 19, 2005
    :
    Maybe they don't want irresponsible users tampering with legit information. Ah well...shall be good to see it back in respectable shape.

Yeah, that could be. I'll just try to contact them then. I've been very busy lately but I'm gonna see about getting started today.

Edit --- still very busy up until today, but I think there's a good chance I can get started on it either tonight or tomorrow.

Knight42092

[13]Dec 5, 2005
    [QUOTE="agent_0042"]
    :
    Edit --- still very busy up until today, but I think there's a good chance I can get started on it either tonight or tomorrow.

Good luck.

Knight42092

[14]Dec 5, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

ilovemytv

[15]Dec 5, 2005
    agent_0042 wrote:
    :

Yeah, that could be. I'll just try to contact them then. I've been very busy lately but I'm gonna see about getting started today.

Good! It'll be good to finally sort out that junk heap...

agent_0042

[16]Dec 7, 2005
    It's been taken care of --- check it out and let me know what you think.

ilovemytv

[17]Dec 11, 2005
    MUCH better! Great job Agent!

agent_0042

[18]Dec 12, 2005
    Thanks. I'll try to add some more sometime if I have a chance...

ilovemytv

[19]Dec 24, 2005
    The photo as well I hope? Have you found out how to do that yet?

agent_0042

[20]Jan 9, 2006
    I completely forgot about said photo. I will see what I can do...