Toad Patrol

Toon Disney Premiered Jun 01, 2002 Between Seasons

Toad Patrol Fan Reviews (5)

7.2
  • IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S TOAD PATROL!!! season one was the start of a major journey for these eight spontaneous little creatures called toadlets and the next season only gets better. what is the name of this awesome show again?!

*sings* Toad Patrol, we're going on a Toad Patrol!

yes. Toad Patrol. that one major phenomenon that goes unnoticed by the ignorant eyes of today's youth and media. this show is absolutely fabulous and well worth watching whether you are seven or seventy! I haven't seen all the episodes but I can tell you that what I have seen was absolutely fantastic. oh, and did you know that Toad Patrol is actually an Animé? yes. it was animated in Asia, very carefully, I might add.

Toad Patrol is a very classic very easy-to-follow tale of both truth and fiction. most of Toad Patrol was based on actual knowledge, real life things. Fur Foot, Beauty Stem, Elf Cup, Shaggy Mane, Puff Ball, Slippery Jack, Oyster and Panther Cap are all named after toadstools as well as our cute hippified little buddy with the lil bitty crush, Earth Star. ahhh yes... Earth Star... the little toadlet everyone loves. the one always around to help our eight little buddies get along.

one thing I like about Toad Patrol is... really, there is no main character. yes, Panther Cap plays a major part in the series but I honestly wouldn't call him the "main" character. all the characters play an important role in helping our little friends overcome obstacles and make their way to there lovely migration place, Toad Hollow.

you may think that all eight of them are related but personally my theory is that Fur Foot is related to the twins, Beauty Stem is related to Shaggy Mane and Panther Cap and Elf Cup is related to Puff Ball. that's one of the more complicated aspects of the series. figuring out if they are all truly related or if they are infact separate families who have come together and learned to get along and consider each other family.

Toad Patrol teaches you alot about things like racism; the episode where they meet Barnaby and since than, Puff Ball and Elf Cup have disliked frogs... see? it's abit like real life.

Fur Foot is the proud leader of his group. he plays an important role in the group, leading them from place to place, keeping their spirits up and assisting them whenever they need.

Beauty Stem is the second in command. granted the gift of beauty and an incredible singing voice. she also has a knack for healing. she is like a mother figure to everyone.

Elf Cup is third oldest though she hardly acts it. even though sometimes she may seem like a pain in the neck, her heart is truly in the right place. she just tries her best to help her friends.

Shaggy Mane is fourth oldest. truly a poet at heart and a real klutz if I've ever seen one... X.x but he just does his best. he loves to explore and spend time with his best bud, SJ.

Puff Ball is fifth oldest though he truly acts older than he is. often using sarcasm as a form of self-expression, this huggable toadlet is truly a credit to his group.

Slippery Jack and Oyster are twins, both fighting for sixth oldest. Slippery Jack is the paranoid smart one who usually devises the plans and looks before every leap. Oyster is the explorer. she loves to play around and cheer others up... whenever she isn't arguing with her brother... >.>

Panther Cap is the youngest of the bunch. often picked on for his small size and his special gift given to him by a group from long ago called the Ancients. the Ancients play a big part in his life, guiding him through the lightning oaks or as they call them "thunder trees." the spirits within the trees would give him a small riddle and he and his group would have to figure the rest out on their own.

in Toad Patrol, there is one thing I truly admire... is that through the music and the actions of these brave little creatures, they are able to send out a message and let you actually feel what they are feeling, when they are feeling sad, you feel sad (ex. The Sacrifice or The Healer) or when they feel happy, you do as well (ex. Journey's End or The Fairy Ring) mostly its the endings that truly hit you and make you think. the beginning is abit like a teaser. it makes you wonder just what is going to happen... especially if it's your first time watching. the effect that the beginnings have truly linger... in the middle there are questions asked and questions from previous episodes answered and like I said... the endings are truly something inspired. I truly admire the creators of this fantastic series.

the music was inspired as well and I'm telling you, nothing about the music was lazily done... it was all just... amazing... the music blows me away every time I hear it... it doesn't matter how many times I've heard it but... it's just amazing the effect the music has...

the animation is something to be inspired as well. like I said, this is an Animé and I believe there are about a million panels, each hand drawn per episode. they add light computer affects to lighten it up but it is kept simple and classic. 2-D animation, which is what you hardly see anymore. especially such pleasant 2-D animation.

also each character who helps them like Mistle Toad, Earth Star, the Outsider... they are also such amazing characters. they don't have to be main characters to be well recognized.

Mistle Toad's name was actually the only made up name in the whole tv series. they say his name came to be when George Sarson was sitting in his office, with a box of eraser frogs on his desk, fiddling with a piece of mistle toe... than he came up with the idea of Mistle Toad... though honestly, Mistle Toad was actually the name of a chocolate. so I believe that is where he got it, but it's all possible. Mistle Toad is basically the guide for the lost toadlets. he doesn't baby any of them but he does what he can to help. he is truly wise and spends most of his time searching for the Ancients.

Earth Star is a toadlet, named after a toadstool obviously, who somehow managed to turn back into a toadlet. he was a toadstool at one point and it's one of the many mysteries Mistle Toad is trying to solve. our little friend seems to have Elf Cup all over him, poor guy considering he already has a thing for our little healer. that's right. Beauty Stem. his favourite past times are playing music and goofing off. =P

the Outsider: her name basically says who she is. she is an outsider and I believe she is one of the Ancients. little is known about her but one thing is for sure. she was able to save Beauty Stem from certain death.

the other characters, toadlets/toads or not are also very helpful... either that or... what is the opposite of helpful? yeah... characters like Medea, Erebus or Green Eyes.

I don't think I should write anymore seeing as I've probably already given away too much... but anyway... I hope I've told you enough about Toad Patrol to get you interested in actually sitting down and watching it before just being closed-minded and saying you don't like it. try something before saying you don't like it. thanks! ^^

- Tinker