Today (Australia)

Weekdays 5:30 AM on The Nine Network Premiered Jun 28, 1982 In Season

thefanof

Today (Australia) Fan Reviews (5)

• News reports should not use tactics such as 'shock jockey' techniques to increase their viewer profiles. This only insults the intellegence of people and gives credit to the ones who would use xenophobia to their advantage.

I was of the understanding that the 'Today' show (Australia) was of a non-biased nature, until this morning. I could not believe that after showing on the news a 'terrorist scare' that they would then show a picture of a lovely woman in full muslim head-dress and clothing! Not only would this appease the masses of the head hunters here who would still vote for the White Australia Policy and Pauline Hanson but what of the poor young woman who may be attending university or work or suchlike? I think your producers and editors should really think about the consequences of such 'shock' jockey news reports in the future. Yes I am a muslim and I do cover, My children do not. I was in Melbourne not long ago and told by a man that I should be not out after dark due to the 'ignorance' of my religion and that he was worried that something would happen to me if I stayed out 'after dark'. I thought this was Australia? By the way .. I am Australian. I live in a small country town which accepts my religion, I wish intelligent people as your selves would stop this type of news reporting, there are better ways of reporting I'm sure.

Margie Connor