Today's Special

TVO (ended 1987)

millerem99

Today's Special Fan Reviews (9)

7.9
  • I loved this show!

I remember watching it with my siblings. My mom and I were just talking about it! I never knew it was Canadian. They need more shows like this nowadays!
  • I used to love the segments that showed Muffy the Mouse in her little house. The whole show was intriguing to me, including the mannequin that came to life.

I used to watch this show and have been trying to find it online by describing it, because I forgot the title. I LOVED Muffy the Mouse and the segments about what went on with her and her little mousehole house. I am so glad to find some info about it and other people who enjoyed it as much as I did. I loved the part about the mannequin coming to life in the dep't. store when the store was closed. This was definitely a classic, in my opinion. It would be so great if there were dvd's available for people who will always fondly remember the show.
  • OH MY GOD!! THERES OTHER PEOPLE WHO REMEMBER THIS SHOW. I'VE ASKED PEOPLE ABOUT THIS SHOW FOR A DECADE AND NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT!! BEST KIDZ SHOW EVER-

Oh my god! Theres other people who actually remember this show. I;ve asked so many people about it fo a decade and no one seems to remember it or anything close to it. Best Kids Show Ever!

We need more Shows like this Nowadays. Theres too many Ridiculous shows now presented to Kids which just does nothing for their mind but keep them busy. Too Much Singing and dancing will only Excite young chidren and not teach them anything.

Kids need to learn moral Values and such sort. What is Educational TV comming to? Lets keep it simple and not go over board. Thanks Sean D.
  • I LOVE this show! Best kids show ever!

I was so addicted to this show! I can't think of any single episode I didn't like. I loved Muffy. She was hilarious. And Jeff and Jody. Sam rocked. I can remember them dancing with animals one time in a pretend fairy land. I remember Sam always with the computer. There was another episode that had them searching somwhere and going to a castle. Another time when Sam had to buy a car. OOh, one time when Jeff got picked up by mistake and they had to go find him. I LOVED when they did the resturant up on the roof! They must put this show on DVD so I can have my kids watch it someday! None of my friends ever know what the heck I am talking about, but this show rocked! I have thought about this show so many times over the years and wished there was some way to own it or rewatch it.
  • I thought I had imagine this entire show. For years I could not think of the name. All I could remember was that it was in a department store, with a mouse, a manniquin, and some lady. I am so happy to see that I wasn't dreaming this show up.

This show was great. I remember watching it as a child and loving the whole show. It was educational and fun. What has happened to children's programing today. There are very few shows now, that are on the same level of greatness as the shows when I was a kid. I give this show a 10!
  • I loved that show as a kid! No one remembers it but my mom and I, and it\'s so frustrating!! GOod show, bring it back!!

I loved that show as a kid! No one remembers it but my mom and I, and it\'s so frustrating!! GOod show, bring it back!! I was shocked that no one remembers it. I mean, my husband is only two years older than me, my siblings are 3 and 4 years younger but I would think they would remember it!! Come on, people!! It was a great story i can still hear the theme song in my head \"today\'s special, shout it loud and clear.. today\'s special!\" lmao. too funny. glad to see there are others that remember it!! :)
  • no one ever knows what im talking about

this was one of my faves growing up and no one ever knows what im talking about when i mention it. my fave episode was the one with the monarch butterfly, very touching. jeff and the old man puppet were pretty creepy. i loved the mouse and here dollhouse type home in that hole in the wall.
  • Hocus Pocus Alamagocus! A beloved 80s children's show.

I must say this was my favorite of all the 80s shows for young kids. It was part fantasy entertainment and part educational. Featuring both puppets and live actors, it was a joy to watch and would have a different theme with each episode. Set in a department store late at night, it was full of adventure and fun, and featured a mannequin named Jeff who could magically come to life when his hat was put on his head and the words "Hocus Pocus Alamagocus" were said. He often lost his hat and the characters would have to find it for him. Jodie, Jeff, Sam Crenshaw, Muffy the Mouse, Mrs Pennypacker, and a talking computer made this a classic for kids.
  • Don't lose your hat...

I used to watch this show all the time when I was little. I don't really remember any specific episodes or clips, but I know I really enjoyed it, especially when he lost his hat and couldn't move. This sentence is the last in a series of fifty choice words.