TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Toddlers & Tiaras Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on TLCIn Season

Disturbed!

Handintheair

[1]Dec 17, 2010
    • level: 1

I'm not one for commenting on forums, so for me to take time out, register and login with my comments is truly a sign of the distaste I have for the parents of these children. Being a mother of a toddler myself I am completely bewildered as to why these parents would put their children through such things. It must be so difficult for these kids not to have a true sense of themselves with all the make-up false lashes, spray tans and fake smiles! What are these parents thinking!! I'm horrified that people could do such things! It's completely disturbing and really upsetting!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrshoover

[2]Sep 10, 2011

Couldn't agree more.....I am so discussed that there are people out here that would think to themselves "hum, we should make a show about controlling moms who rob kids of their childhoods, and then having them outlash out to other psyco moms who are the same way in front of those kids..... YES! lets encourage how to not to filter ourselves in front of children and represent on how to openly handle situationsof frustration to the rest the world, on top of that dress them all up to look 20something so that it will encourage petifiles and misdirected men to look at them and wish to be with them" With that aside, someone bought into the idea and then the network put it on the air..... I am no longersupporting networks that air this stuff....shame on all whom participed in this horrible idea. irresponsible message being sent by programming this show...... very disappointed in ..... my mom forced me into pagents when i didn't win i was punished when I did win i was put in newspapers.... a man in jail saw me in the paper and when he got out found us and attempted to hurt me. I wish people could see what can lead of this......

madelonverdon

[3]Apr 5, 2013

I live in The Netherlands, but I have seen Toddlers and Tiaras a few times. At first, I actually liked the stories and I enjoyed watching these little children having fun on stage. Once I saw this little girl really having the time of her life and she was so grateful for everything. When she didn't win the Grand Supreme she was, obviously, disappointed, but she was so happy for her friend to win the Grand Supreme. I really liked that episode, but not everything little girl is so grateful and sweet. A week later I watch another episode of Toddlers and Tiaras. I was so excited and really curious about the episode. I noticed that the mums where mostly the cause of all then drama. They made sure that, even if their children didn't want to, their children would attend the beauty pageant. Some mums actually did have some fair reasons, for example; a mum wanted her child to attend the beauty pageant because her child was really shy. Still, even if they had fair reasons to do this to their children, I don't they the children deserve to be treated like that. I am not saying they are treated wrong, but when they grow up they will think they are the best and they might even be mean because they are so spoiled ever since they started the pageants.

Additional, they are , let's say, 5 years old and they wear more make up than a 17 year old. I don't think this is acceptable. The mothers spend so much money on dresses, make up and tanning. I don't seem to get why. I mean they should spend their money more wisely. Some families have guilds just trying to let their children win the pageants.

Anyway, I think it is an entertaining show, but I don't like the situation the toddlers are in. Because they should be able to be a toddler . They shouldn't be worrying about a pageant and they definitely shouldn't be crying over losing a pageant. I am sure some mums listen to their children and want the children to enjoy their puppyhood, but I don't think the children should be treated like the children in this show.