Tom and Jerry Kids Show

FOX (ended 1994)

Kazaguruma45

Tom and Jerry Kids Show Fan Reviews (10)

7.8
  • Want to Remember More

Few ep (96)
  • I like this on some points, had some problems with the new ones.

This isn't like the Tom and Jerry used to be, so it may be a big disappointment to the fans of Tom and Jerry. It had some side cartoons. You see, it focuses on the other characters that had appeared on the old show. And the T&J fans who just likes plain cartoon violence by the duo, may not like this show. For me it's good as it focuses on Spike and Tyke, Droopy and Dripple. Those are secondary characters of the show back then. They added other characters that are not funny as the old ones. It had some great humor, jokes, plots, animation, and voice acting (for the other characters). Anyway a great show.
  • As far as spin offs go this was good, but there were some issues

Tom and Jerry is a timeless classic that inspired many people with comedy, and like all good shows it got a spin off. In Tom and Jerry Kids Show it centers around Tom and Jerry as kids, and along with the show it has Droopy and Spike and his son Tyke. It sounds good enough, a show having some of the most memorable characters from Hannah Barbera all in one sounds really good, but it kind of falls a little short. The Droopy cartoons are by far the funniest in the entire show. Droopy has a soon named Dripple and they have to deal with their enemy, McWolf. I love how Droopy is always able to outsmart the wolf, and the slapstick comedy is great. The Spike and Tyke cartoons are also really good. It centers around Spike trying to help his son , but it all results in comedic failure. I love how Tyke is smarter than Spike, and that Spike is always getting into trouble when he is trying to make his son happy. The Tom and Jerry episodes are where the show kind of falls apart. It still has the classic cat chasing mouse plot. However certain characters like Manny Two Shoes, Butch, Toots, the gray mouse, and the duck were missing. You can get away with the fact there was no gray mouse and the duck not being there since they were young in the original Tom and Jerry, but everyone else should have been there. I think it would have been great to see a young Butch and Toots and Manny in this show. I believe that having them around would have created more stories for the show. The slapstick is good in these cartoons like the other two cartoons. Then there is a random cartoon that was usually another Tom and Jerry, but changed in season 3. They were now about about new characters like Slowpoke Antonio, the Mouse Scouts or Calaboose Cal. They were OK, but not that memorable or funny. The stories are OK, but nothing too special or interesting, and are rehashes with the slapstick of Tom and Jerry, but they are good to watch. The artwork is good, and I liked the character designs. The animation though feels stiff most of the time, and the characters seem to have little movement sometimes. Overall, as far as spin offs go this is good. It's not amazing or anything, but Tom and Jerry Kids is a decent spin off that will certainly please Tom and Jerry fans out there.
  • It was terrible.

2.8
    Hanna-Barbera's first phase was animals in bow ties. Then it moved on to teens + object/animal = mystery. In the late eighties, it moved on to the worst phase ever: this is something you liked before, but with kids. Popeye suddenly got a son, The Flintstones were now children, and a pup named Scooby-Doo came into the world with his burden of never ever being alone. Seriously, was there EVER a time when Scooby was by himself? If he was lost or scared he was always with Shaggy. He sat in the car with everybody else. Why didn't they just leave him at home sometimes? He never did anything to intentionally help, but maybe Freddy believed in chaos theory or something and banked on Scoob tripping over an errant ear of corn or something and crashing into destiny. Anyway, they were all babies suddenly, and it was terrible.

ENTER: Tom and Jerry KIDS. The easiest cartoon to understand motivationally and enjoy is "Tom and Jerry." There is a cat (Tom) who wants to catch and kill a mouse (Jerry). That's it. Tom's in the house, Jerry starts f*cking around, and Tom wants to get him. They run around chasing and being chased, and somebody gets hit in the face with an iron. It's great. It's easy. It's a cat and mouse story. So of course it is crucial to the children of America that they have a KIDS VERSION of a cat and mouse to watch. They should've just strapped "Pocket Rockers" to the characters and had them sip juice boxes for the entire show. whooooaaaa tom is on a skateboard coooooool NO, shut up, he's a cat, stop it.

I can find nothing but fury for the Tom and Jerry Kids. It's an innocent enough idea, I guess, but God, do they HAVE to be kids? Do girls really need girl versions of something to like it? Can't they just like the regular version? It's the same thing here. Can kids not enjoy a cat unless the cat is supposed to be their age? Does the at most five or six year age difference between baby and cat make or break the show? When I was a kid I liked Daffy Duck a lot. Actual Daffy Duck. I don't think Daffy was dealing with any mature themes and adult situations, other than getting shot in the face as a joke or swallowing gasoline and a match to commit suicide. He was funny, and I liked him. I look at Baby Daffy Duck and all I can think of is, "If I'd grown up watching this I would've never stopped sh*tting myself."

The worst part about Tom and Jerry Kids (and re-released original Tom and Jerry cartoons) is the removal of the black maid, Mammy Two Shoes. Okay, she was called "Mammy Two Shoes." That's pretty terrible. But she never really DID anything Mammy, other than being dressed like Aunt Jemima. When I watched her as a kid I didn't think "objectification of black culture," I thought, "that lady lives with Tom." I loved her, and now she's pretty much gone forever. It sucks, too, because I can't think of a good reason to preserve her other than, "please preserve her." She's part of my childhood. And newsflash: mammies existed. They were human beings, too. Just because they didn't have everything in the world doesn't mean we should be ashamed of them and erase them from memory. Tom in blackface? Sure, get rid of that. But don't turn the black lady's legs white to make yourself feel better. I barely even noticed.

Secretly I'm just mad that I lost my teenage ability to argue that Tom himself was black, and use that to make jokes about the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.
  • Not near as good as the original Tom and Jerry

0.1
    I'm sorry but this show is a complete waste of time...It's not near as good as the original Tom and Jerry. The show lacks in animation and comedy like the real Tom and Jerry possessed and it tries so hard to be just as good that it's pathetic. Plus this show doesn't even include some of the characters from the original Tom and Jerry like the small gray mouse, the little yellow duckling, and the black cat (I think his name is Butch). Overall, I don't like this show and when I whatch it, it makes me long for the original (much better) Tom and Jerry.
  • Another disappointing Tom and Jerry Show.

Ok I just don't like this show, because I don't know, I just don't like it's legacy, I like Droopy episodes, I also like the Spike and Tyke episodes but I don't like the Tom and Jerry episodes.

Ok it's all about the cat and mouse as they acted as kids, the cat is named Tom who wanted to kill that innocent mouse and the mouse is named Jerry who wanted run for his life.

This show has lack of animation, the humor aren't very good as the original Tom and Jerry. Hey where's the characters from the original Tom and Jerry like Butch (the black cat), Mammy Two Shoes, Toddles (the whit female cat), I only seen Spike and Tyke in this seen.

Remember it is a big disappointment for Tom and Jerry fans.
  • Tom and jerry as kids.

Tom and Jerry is an awesome classic. It takes a lot out of a very simple plot: a cat that wants to catch a mouse. Very simple! In fact, episodes are very simple, but they are cool.

The characters are very well animated considering the year of production, the backgrounds leave you with an open mouth. Old cartoons used to have amazing backgrounds, this is one of the best examples.

The low music and the not-so-usual audio effects are often ignored, but hear this program in "mute"´and you will find it boring...

A cat that wants to catch a mouse. This plot sounds dumb, but the production makes it very awesome.
  • Tom & Jerry Kids was a new version of Tom and Jerry, made for a lot younger audience than the original, but it is great!

Hanna-Barbera made Tom & Jerry Kids Show in 1990. It was a new version of Tom and Jerry. Few changes were made: Tom and Jerry were now kids and Droopy had a son called Dripple. This series was so successful that Turner Entertainment decided to make Tom and Jerry: The Movie a little later (with Tom and Jerry as adults again, however). Droopy would get his own series (Droopy: Master Detective). The episodes of Tom and Jerry Kids always had three segments:

"Tom and Jerry Kids": Tom chased Jerry in these cartoons. The cartoons were less violent than the original ones, but they were still interesting and well-written.

"Droopy": Droopy, who now had a son called Dripple, was the main character. He had a rival called McWolf (based on the Wolf from classic MGM cartoons). Miss Vavoom, who loved Droopy, was based on Red (also a classic MGM character).

"Spike and Tyke": Tom's enemies returned in this series, but they had their completely own segments. Spike would often help Tyke or try to make him happy. Unlike the classic cartoons, Tyke had a voice (he sounded like Augie Doggie).

Special Segment: In the third season, they changed the third segment to a short with a new character like Slowpoke Antonio, the Mouse Scouts or Calaboose Cal.

Tom and Jerry Kids was a great cartoon which shows that a cartoon can't be bad just because the characters have been turned into kids.
  • Great Tom and Jerry spin-off made in 1990

The first time that i heard about the Tom and Jerry Kids was in 1996 and i find this show really funny with a cute design background with a look of the original Tom and Jerry. Same some plots of this series is based of a lot of Tom and Jerry cartoon shorts (example: Hawkeye Tom was more a spinoff of Flirty Birdy). I love too the Droopy episodes with the appearence of the Wolf and Red. He's too funny!! I recommand absolutely this show with a big hope to planned on DVD in the future
  • Children These Days

I used to watch Tom and Jerry, but this one is even better and cuter. We get to see Tom and Jerry as kids. Tom wore a baseball cap, and Jerry wore a bowtie. We also got to see Droopy experiencing new adventures. He has a son named Dripple. Apparently, he's married to Red, the sexy human redhead lady. McWolf can either be Droopy's arch-rival or a friend. Spike and Tyke are Tom's enemies. But in their episodes, they're the main characters. We got to hear Tyke talk. I don't know why they never converted all of these great episodes into the DVD sets. I just hope they do, because they are very hilarious.