Top Chef: Just Desserts Forums

Bravo (ended 2011)

Sabotage

What did you Think?

danharr

[1]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 45

Argh forgot show was on will have to watch Sunday

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amaryllis88

[2]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 20
    I really don't think this episode was fair! It was total sabotage, so it lived up to its name, but to go home because of something savory as opposed to something sweet, sort of beats the whole point of the show, imo.

Poor Rebecca, I totally agree with her too, she's probably a great pastry chef, but their challenge didn't seem challenging in the right sense. I was disappointed with the theme of this episode. Hopefully it gets better from here!

blackmage8472

[3]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 15

amaryllis88 wrote:
    I really don't think this episode was fair! It was total sabotage, so it lived up to its name, but to go home because of something savory as opposed to something sweet, sort of beats the whole point of the show, imo.
    Poor Rebecca, I totally agree with her too, she's probably a great pastry chef, but their challenge didn't seem challenging in the right sense. I was disappointed with the theme of this episode. Hopefully it gets better from here!

Except it was in the spirit of Top Chef in general, working with one hand behind your back. A couple of them made some really great looking desserts from savory stuff and the 3 people with what looked like the hardest combos won. The entire episode in general was working with non-traditional ingredients, thus the quickfire judge who apparently has made his name in the pastry world for that.

I actually liked the episode. I was amazed that Katzie has gone from the sweet underdog to egotistical paranoid. I had to agree with the judges, what was so special about making fries?

danharr

[4]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 45

It was good I agree this is top chef so frakked up things like this will happen and if the other chefs could do it then it was a valid challenge.