Top Chef Masters Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

"Cast and Crew Meal" Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for discussion of the episode "Cast and Crew Meal."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

layle1

[2]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 72
    I have to say I really disagree with the quickfires that shortcut things like places on the finals. It feels like a cheat, especially for a QF that required only knife skills, no cooking. And yes, I know she came in second anyway, so it all worked out in the end, but I still hate it.

CRaivios

[3]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 21
    I agree. It changes the rules completely. None of the other groups had the QF winner immediately go to the finals. They changed the scoring since last season, not combining QF and Elimination, but it was the same for everyone since the first show.

The Elimination Challenge was to cook for the show Modern Family. It dealt with appealing to different ages & ethnic groups, in addition to dealing with the likes and dislikes for a wide group from actors, producers and directors to the crew that dealing with the lighting, etc.

I was surprised that Rick's white beans and Maria's salmon did not do better. I thought there were great comments about both dishes. However, I was not there tasting the food, so the scores were what they were. On to the Champion's Round!

danharr

[4]May 1, 2010
    • level: 45

I enjoyed the episode but hate the fast track to the finals thing they pulled this week. Susur being the most winning chef in history was good for his ego. He expected nothing less than domination and got it I wasn't really rooting for any of the chefs lots of egos and bizarre comments, the sex analogy, but organic chef was cute and funny.