Top Chef Masters Forums

Bravo (ended 2013)

"Champions Round Begins" Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for discussion of the episode "Champions Round Begins."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode didn't expect Anita to beat Rick but at least they both moved on. I fully expected Art to go home after all the hate for his lamb and egg combo and no surprise Hubert moving on. My surprise for the night Suzanne going home but at least we get more crazy Artisms can't wait till the last episode.

CRaivios

[3]Aug 10, 2009
    • level: 21

The real final begin. All the chefs did some basic skills, usually done by sous chefs, with a stopwatch. It surprised me that Art got the yolks into the whites and lost for his team.

The chefs were asked to prepare their signature dish and shared it with the other chefs. Everything looked yummy. I would gladly have anyone put one of those plates in front of me. Then, they had to make a dish by one of their competitors. Ouch!

In the end, Suzanne's cold and overcooked fish did her in. Sorry to see her go, but that's the show. Anita won with a very inventive reinterpretation of Hubert's dish. All in all, a fun week. Can't wait till the next round.