Top Chef Masters Forums

Bravo (ended 2013)

"First Date Dinner" Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for discussion of the season premiere "First Date Dinner."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 45

Entertaining show but none of the chfs really grabbed me none of the personalities are enjoyable or that likeable to me. Leerch and the clown won guess I'm not to surprised loved that spicy cheeto macaroni dish.

CRaivios

[3]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 21
    I loved this show from last season. I wrote reviews of each show but found in order to do that, I had to take notes. I will stick to the forums this year.

The six chefs were paired off. The Quickfire challenge with ingredients from the convenience store was hysterical. I noted the scores. While one point between first and last is not that much, it makes a big difference in the end.

The Elimination round was a dish for a first date. Interesting. Also, the pairs remained for this part of the competition. Everything looked delicious. There were a pair of duck dishes, two of lamb, then a combo of truffle pasta and shrimp/scallops. I felt the duck dish that was not cut up would not score well with the judges. I thought everyone loved the lamb, but was mildly surprised that the pasta and seafood dish took the day.

Well done. Can't wait till next week.