Top Chef Masters Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

"It's My Party" Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for discussion of the episode "It's My Party."

(I apologize for the late posting, I had modem issues today.)
    Edited on 04/20/2010 1:02am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 45

Ok not the premire as I recall dinner date was the premire but lets go anyway. Good episode the soul food challenge pushed the chefs to their limits and I had no ideal the chef who forgot her dish was going to win. Real surprise when the Houston chef lost chaulked up to helping her fellow chef tears and all great episode.

CRaivios

[3]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 21
    As usual, a good show.

The first Quickfire was a novel twist on a grilled cheese sandwich. I have to say, you will not have a truly memorable dish if you do not have great bread and great cheese. It was hard to tell what Kelly was thinking. I would have had a difficult time choosing between the dishes. Monica Pope pulled it out and won $5,000 for her charity.

The twist on soul food was the Elimination Challenge for Mekhi Phifer's birthday party. It was too bad Monica's shrimp was undercooked. David and Thierry just did not have a good combination of flavors. For Carmen to cut her finger, forget her stew, have to leave out an ingredient then have the highest score was the biggest shock of the night. It came as no surprise to me that Marcus Samuelsson came in second place. When diners kept coming back over and over again for more food, it was a good sign.