Top Chef Masters Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

"Pub Food" Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for discussion of the episode "Pub Food."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 45

No surprise who moved on the drama was fun the french chef did better this year and gave us a great a-hole performance. The non-related sibling rivalry was back and fun to watch again I always like those two chefs personalities.

CRaivios

[3]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 21
    The match up this week was interesting. Six previous contestants are back from last season. Quickfire challenge: Make a dish to match a custom made drink with Stolichnaya vodka. Judges: Gael Green and the Real Housewives of New York (or was it New Jersey?) Winner: Pork tenderloin and poblano stuffed shrimp with avocado butter paired with a lemongrass Mojito by Jonathan Waxman

Elimination challenge: Reinvent pub food. The results, in the order of finish from top to last:

Shepherd's Pie by Jonathan Waxman. Everything was scrumptious and comforting. The lamb was perfect and everything worked (I love perfect lamb. Can you tell I am swooning?)

Fish and Chips by Rick Moonen. Fish and condiments were yummy but the chips were hard to handle.

Bangers and Mash by Wylie Dufresne. Delicious but the sausage was too dry. Ouch!

Steak and Kidney Pie by Graham Elliot Bowles. Dish was well done, but Graham does not like kidneys. The flavor was there but not the meat. He was downgraded for that.

Irish stew by Ludo Lefebvre. The vegetables were not cooked. A Frenchman cannot cook English comfort food.

Toad in the Hole by Mark Peel. The sausage was handmade, but the Yorkshire pudding was a flop. It lost the competition for him. All in all, a good week. Can't wait till Wednesday.