Top Chef Masters Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

"Top Chef Master" Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for discussion of the season finale "Top Chef Master."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good finale loved all the skill on display and seeing the past winners again. By the end I figured Rick Bayliss would win and man I would love to get my hands on that Mole.

CRaivios

[3]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 21

I was extremely impressed by the final challenge. Make your first memory, the dish that made you become a chef, your first signature dish and what represents you now and your future. Four dishes, four stories.

There were some very ambitious menus here.

Michael made gnocchi like his mother taught him, polenta with rabbit and wild mushrooms, stuffed deep fried fish and braised short ribs.

Hubert made a stew that was baked in a crust, salmon souffle that took him years to learn how to make, a lamb chop with a piece of garlic and a wagyu beef cheek and sweetbreads..

Rick made BBQ quail, mole with 27 ingredients that took Rick 20 years to perfect, fried suckling pig and seafood with rice.

There were no losers here. In the end, I think there was one point that separated Hubert who finished third and Rick who won the whole thing. The judges' favorite dish was the mole and that made Rick the champion.

This was a fun show. I hope they do it again next year.