Top Chef

Anything You Can Cook I Can Cook Better

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 12, 2008 on Bravo

• A few twists and turns, it is a little early in the series to determine the depth of the players, but gimmick cooks do not work for me.

As a previous reviewer stated about the lesbian couple, where is Jerry Springer, but if they both can cook who cares. It seems that the producers are trying to get more viewers by using a little buzz about the judges and contestants. I can agree with Andrew Bourdain about Rocco, he seems to be making his living on reality TV rather than cooking. He got to where he was on reality TV. Sure he can cook but he now is only as good as his last show.
    As for the quickfire, oh well. I am not a fan of deep dish, never have been. It is like a loaf of bread with toppings, not a real pizza. The toppings offered were interesting but I would not run out and buy a single one of them.
    The elimination challenge on the other hand was different. Having them face off making the same dish was interesting. Some of the dishes was very well done, and others were poor. I think that the souflee was a monkey wrench as while you need to make them at least one time in your cooking lifetime, most times they are not on a menu.
    I liked the lasagna dish and the duck, the guy who uses smoke and mirrors reminds me too much of Marcel. And this guy is taking other guys pizza pans in the first round, what is next.