Top Chef

Chef Overboard

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 05, 2007 on Bravo

• 'Pick an Aisle' quickfire challenge, and the chefs cater a party in the elimination challenge.

7.6
    I say right on Howie! I get really tired of the judges inflated egos on this show. I'd like to see the judges just once participate in some of these lame hoops the chefs are forced through. Howie didn't turn in his quickfire challenge, which really seemed to piss off the guest judge! During the elimination judging Howie totally went out like a man! At a certain point he realized that the game of 'Top Chef' was kind of stupid and wanted out, I say good for him. He realized his personal dignity is more important than what a few commercially influenced industry insiders had to say about his cooking. Head judge Tom did nail Hung for playing it safe. Tom also nailed Brian on his self-interested decision to let some chefs create drab dishes, which Brian even admitted to in his commentary of the competition. Tom keeps the competition honest, the other judges get caught up in too much petty nonsense and lose their perspective easily.