Top Chef

Chef Overboard

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 05, 2007 on Bravo

• The quickfire was lame, but the elimination challenge was interesting.

As stated the quickfire was another stupid idea, I guess the creators are running out of ideas. But the elimination challenge was worthy. Having a budget of $350 for the a dinner cruise for finger food for 60 seems like a lot of money, but they were supposed to wow them and they were Miami's upper crust. I think they all played it safe for the most part, and Hung with his retread cucumber dish got called out for it. There were some good tasting dishes but who makes chicken salad, lame. Also rather than having 7 dishes that were quality and showing the best they could do they tried to impress them with quantity. The decision not to serve the mouse dish correct.
    Howie just had a really bad day, his food was not good. Brian on the other hand let bad food go out of the kitchen and could just as easily been sent home.
    I though Trey was going to win it, Hung looks like a potential winner but lately has not been showing much. Who will win, I have no idea. Keep the fish away and Hung is lost along with a few others. It will be interesting.