A Top Chef Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on Bravo
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Top Chef

Join in on the Top Chef general show discussion.

Discussion
Jan 31, 2014
Top Chef Finale
Top chef has always been my favorite show and I have never missed an episode from the first show. Regardless who wins I always have enjoyed being a part of it all. With that said, I have no desire to watch the finale this year. Shirley should have been voted in and Nick out...It makes me sad :(.
Discussion
Sep 13, 2013
Top Chef Masters
Who's watching Top Chef Masters? Who are you rooting for?

#teamVoltaggio #teamSang #teamDoug
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 3 Season 12
The Curse of the Bambino
Airs
Episode 2 Season 12
Boston's Bravest and Finest
Airs
Episode 1 Season 12
Sudden Death
Aired
Episode 0 Season 12
Top Chef First Look
Aired
Episode 17 Season 11
Finale
Aired

Top Chef season 12 celebrates Boston's transition from Beantown to a destination city for fine dining. The season is flavored with celebrity diners, renowned chefs, cultural sites, and newly energized challenges and rules for the competition.

Top Chef: Boston begins with 16 chefs in contention for the title. This season adds sudden death Quickfire challenges that pop up randomly. Each round's challenges take advantage of the city's rich cultural history and local ingredients. Locations will include famous venues, old and new, including visits to Fenway Park and Plimoth Plantation. Guest judges and diners will range from superstar chefs to sports stars and celebrities.

Padma Lakshmi continues as host and judge, along with returning head judge Tom Colicchio. Gail Simmons, and Hugh Acheson continue as judges, and, in a Top Chef first, a former winner – Richard Blais – joins the panel of judges. The Top Chef title includes a feature in Food & Wine magazine, the opportunity for the winner to showcase his or her skills at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, Colorado, and $125,000 to help turn the winner's culinary dreams into reality. Top Chef is produced by Magical Elves Productions, which Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz serve as executive producers.

Broadcast History (All times E/P):
Seasons 8-12 – Wednesday, 10:00 pm
Season 7, Episodes 10-14 – Wednesday, 10:00 pm
Season 7, Episodes 1-9 – Wednesday, 9:00 pm (Displaced from its regular time slot by Bravo's Work of Art: the Next Great Artist.)
Seasons 1-6 – Wednesday, 10:00 pm

Awards:
2014 Emmy Awards (66th)
Nominated – Outstanding Reality-Competition Program

2013 Emmy Awards (65th)
Nominated – Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming ("Glacial Gourmand")

2012 Emmy Awards (64th)
Nominated – Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming ("Fit for an Evil Queen")
Nominated – Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming ("Fit for an Evil Queen")

2011 Emmy Awards (63rd)
Nominated – Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming ("Give Me Your Huddled Masses")
Nominated – Outstanding Directing for Reality Programming ("Give Me Your Huddled Masses")
Nominated – Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming ("Give Me Your Huddled Masses")

2011 James Beard Awards
Winner – Television Program, In Studio or Fixed Location (Season Seven)

2010 Emmy Awards (62nd)
Winner – Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
Nominated – Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming ("Masters Get Schooled" "Vivre Las Vegas")
Nominated – Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming ("Vivre Las Vegas")

2009 Emmy Awards (61st)
Nominated – Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming ("The Last Supper")
Nominated – Outstanding Directing for Reality Programming ("The Last Supper")
Nominated – Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program (Host Padma and Co-host Tom)
Nominated – Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming ("The Last Supper")

2008 Emmy Awards (60th)
Nominated – Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming ("Finale (Part 1)")
Winner – Outstanding Picture Editing for Reality Programming ("First Impressions")

2008 James Beard Awards
Winner – Television Food Special ("Top Chef Holiday Special")
Nominated – Television Food Show, National and Local (Season Three)

2007 Emmy Awards (59th)
Nominated – Outstanding Cinematography for Reality Programming (Episode 209 ["Seven"])

moreless