Top Chef

Cooking by Numbers

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 11, 2007 on Bravo

• First the chefs must pair an appetizer with a Bombay cocktail and then they get into groups of three to create a 3 piece course based on the same ingredient.

Hung is just really getting on my nerves. He gets more cocky and irritating each episode. I couldn't believe he felt the judge was confused. He can't just accept the fact that maybe he really didn't make the right decision this one time. I mean get over it and don't try to make the judge look bad. He was irritated from the beginning because he felt it was a stupid challenge and didn't like the drink he drew. Casey won the quick fire challenge and I liked her up to this point. However, once they got into their groups, she turned into someone not very nice. I mean she really made it seem like the she took the fact that she wasn't going to be eliminated to heart and just did whatever. She didn't seem to care about her teammates. People need to learn and understand that they need to learn to work with all kinds of people because they don't always get to work with people they like and get along with. I try to emphasize that with my students all the time. Anyway, why does it always seem people who don't do dessert insist on doing it? Has it ever worked out for anyone on this show? I don't know if they sent the right person home as Camille is just one of about a handful I have no clue about, but oh well...she's gone. I really like Tre, but I guess because he seems to have been pretty consistent throughout and doesn't seem to get into any confrontations with people, we haven't seen much of him up to this point. I don't think Brian really did a lot of cooking, but I guess he pulled off a good dish. Brian kinda irritates me, I don't know why. Well, another good week.