Top Chef

Finale (1)

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 26, 2007 on Bravo

• unfortunately, Brian truly was the weakest link

I like Brian - he's a fun guy, lots of energy, and his likeablity is clear. His inability to truly lead his team, and letting them decide what would and would not be served made him appear indecisive, and that is not what a top chef should be. His cooking was always just okay, and just okay does not a top chef make. Hung, while a little on the arrogant side, something I am sure the producers absolutely love, is technicially an excellent cook, and does have a passion for it. What he does not have is good communication skills. I understand not wanting to give tips to the other chefs - I don't like it, but I understand it. What I did not like was his refusal to help the other chefs when it came to cleaning up or just lending a hand. Dale's cooking is pretty hit or miss - when it's good it's really really good, but when it's bad, it's awful. Like Hung, Dale's social skills are not that great either. As for Casey, her cooking overall has been good, and she has the one thing that Hung and Dale do not have. Charm. It may seem simple, but people look at who it is that is cooking for them and it influences how they react to the meal. Honestly, would you really want to eat anything that Howie was sweating in? Casey prepares her food well, and treats everyone with graciousness and respect. that combination will win her this competition.