Top Chef

Finale

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 11, 2008 on Bravo

• First Female Top Chef Winner!

Finally a first for Top Chef! A female winner, which I was hoping that it was. As we saw Lisa, who clearly didn't deserve to be there. And Stephanie and Richard, who clearly did. We had three chef legends who agreed to be the three finalists sous chefs. And that after one day of helping them cook together, the last day. The finalists had to cook on their own as Tom said. So that it came from their own hand. The sous chefs, the regular judges, and some guest judges had a black tie affair to eat their food. Richard admitted that he choked a bit. As he had all these ideas in him. While Stephanie and Lisa went two for two. Stephanie admits that she doesn't make dessert a lot. But in the end, she won Top Chef and deserved to win. I was rooting for her. Didn't and wouldn't mind if Richard won. As long as Lisa didn't win! Great show finale! Can't wait for season five!
  • Girls Rule and Boys Drool

Well........really. Who thought Lisa was going to win. It was between Richard and Stephanie from the beginning and I think she even knew it. They have a humbleness and skill that sets them apart from her, and I had a hard time figuring out who I was going to root for but I'm estatic that Stephanie won. It was time for a woman to do her thang and she did the entire way through. I feel like this season went faster than usual because there was more talk and hot air than people putting up. But I still had my favorites I was rooting for, but time to get a cook book cause I got a new hobby. Good SHOW!!!
  • the finale shows the remaining three contestants trying to become top chef as they make a four course meal

this was just the turning pt of all eps b/c this is seriously it..no second or third..just the winner is announced...and thats it for everyone..some people are happy and some are mad..which was definitely the case...spoiler..well finally there was a woman top chef so i was very pleased with that..i think all of the courses looked lovely except for a few..i think richard was too hard on himself about his courses and stephanie of course second guessed herself on her dessert..lisa..still dont know about her..she was overconfident..anyways everything was wonderful and you can tell that the judges debated their decision for hours before they finally announced the winner..i was so happy with the outcome..yay stephanie!..the comments at the end from the other contestants werent too pleasant but thats to be expected
  • No quickfire, just 3 chefs are told to cook the best meal of their lives and all of them give it a great effort. They had world class chefs helping them do the prep but for the last 3 hours no help, it was make it or break it on your own.

I liked the way they did this episode. They had 3 world class chefs doing prep work for this important meal. Then after the prep was done it was all up to the chefs and not having a sous chef bail them out with an idea or great dish they made to help the chef win.
    What else I liked is that the chefs then got a chance to comment and taste the food that they helped prep. Since none of the dishes were finished it was sometimes a surprise on what the final dishes came out or tasted like.
    I have watched the finale twice now, and think they got the right winner but it could have easily gone to Lisa. She cooked 2 good dishes, l average dish and 1 outstanding one. Stephanie had 2 good dishes, one that blew the minds of all the diners and a desert that was not memorable. Richard had 1 good dish, 2 average dishes and a very good desert.
    Based on individual winners the title was Lisa's by a slight margin, but when the took into account which dinner would they want to sit down and eat it was Stephanie who showed them something entirely new. When you can surprise the whole panel with a combination of ingredients and the way they go together, that is a Top Chef. Lisa did nothing special, nothing that showed incredible depth of creativity. Most of those dishes were take off of existing dishes you can get in some Oriental restaurants in Asia, what Stephanie brought to the table was something no one had ever seen or even conceived of before.
    She deserved it.
    I do respect Richard when he told the panel that he choked, his dishes were not up to his normal standard.