Top Chef

Finale (2)

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 31, 2007 on Bravo

• The finale with Ilan and Marcel was better than anticipated. They each had 2 helpers, Marcel had Michael and Sam(who I felt should have been in the finale) and Ilan had Betty and Elia in the kitchen.

Seeing that Marcel in my opinion does not belong in the finale it was so appropriate that the leadership and working together skills which he is so sorely lacking helped do him in. Michael and Sam did what they were told to do, but they are not the one running the kitchen or planning the menu. Sam pulled off a miracle on a dish when the main ingredient was not there, but Marcel still lost.
    Ilan had two people that wanted to win as bad as he did and it showed. They even got jittery on plating, but they did a great job. Ilan had one weak dish, the first one, but after that he just kicked ass. Marcel did not wow them, he is a hit and miss chef, he gambles without any idea of what his dishes will taste like. He does not have the experience to be a top chef, maybe in a few years, but he will have to grow a personality first, as no one will work in his kitchen with him.
    The only thing that I would have liked to happen in this show was the night that they shaved their heads they should have done Marcel, what is with that hair. A lot of the dishes on the show are not for me, items that I would not eat as they do not appeal to me, but it has opened a whole new area of cooking. Watching Marcel being a jerk, just took away from the whole season.