Top Chef

First Impressions

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 13, 2007 on Bravo

• The show is back with the same quality as before. Unfortunately, my Mississippi boy went home first though.

Well, I didn't know if I was going to be able to catch the season premiere because Reunited: The Real World was coming on @ the same time but thankfully Bravo, I think the king of reality TV, repeats certain shows back to back. At first glance, during the quickfire, my favorite personality is Tre. The winner of the quickfire didn't really stand out during the preparation and I didn't really know she was there, but her dish were one of the most appealing visually. When the group gets to the house, I learn that Clay is from MS and thats my home time and anxious to see what he's going to cook up despite the disastrous attempts during the quickfire. I was especially hoping him to do good after hearing the story of his father. During the main challenge, its something about the confidence of Hung, and the way he handles the food which makes him a favorite of mine also, but I'm still rooting for my MS boy. Unfortunately, my MS boy is the first to go home. I think some of the others might specialize in sauteed lamb while he would specialize in sauteed chiterlings. Someone who tries to turn deep southern cooking into gourmet food. Just didn't cut it on Top Chef and I completely understand as compared to the others, he wasn't really cutting it. My favs @ this point is Tre & Hung. Not really aquainted with any of women yet, but I'm hoping to see more as the season progresses. Great season opener.