Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

"Foo Fighters" Official Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

layle1

[1]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread for all discussion of the episode, "Foo Fighters."

"Conversation is food for the soul." –Mexican Proverb

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 45
    That was fun I agree with the judges decision since desserts were the Achilles heel of the team the weakest dessert had to go. Team rainbow is getting chopped up this season can't believe winning team gets a finger from one of the losers so classless. The quickfire was interesting although I'm starting to question all the gotcha moments but it wasn't as bad as last weeks.

BrainMan820

[3]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 16

I agree with the judge's decision this week. That dish Richard served wasn't all that good, and it wasn't even a s'more. I love s'mores, and they are a gooey, chocolatey and marshmallowey mess, and that was not what was served. But other then that, this episode was boring. The Quickfire was kind stupid, since most of the chefs were trying to recreate. I was thinking maybe Padma saw how the chefs were just trying to re-make the dishes rather then innovate and just came out randomly.

I'm sick of Team Rainbow, honestly. I'm okay with personality and drama in small doses, but they and Team Europe are just fueling their own egos.

wingsabre

[4]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 13
    Seriously, I am too annoyed with team rainbow and team Europe. Stephanie did not win because she was a woman, she won because she was good at making good food. Jaime's up on top not because she's gay it's because she knows food, and the same goes with Stephan, and Fabio. It's not their identity that matters, it's their skills.

Richard was a good choice, although I wouldn't eat Danny's mediocre mashed potato, and yes it was lowbrow to flip people off or mention PMS on air. Richard made a greater offense in my mind when he added foam onto the s'mores. There's roughing it in camping, but we don't expect spit on our food.

I actually liked the product placement quickfire. It wasn't about recreating a dish, it was reinterpret a dish, which is a lot different. Additionally, it was make it into a soup, which is a lot different. Look at Stephan's soup, it was completely different from Brian's burger.

I'm also getting very impressed with Eugene. He first starts out making a traditional dish that he never had before by accident, and now he made his own grill.

Jeff is also pretty impressive. I thought they were going to throw him under the bus by calling him the leader, but instead it looks as if they all respected him and defended him to an extent. That's quite impressive in a competition setting.

BrainMan820

[5]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 16
    Oh, I agree that that is what the challenge was to be about. Perhaps I wasn't clear, but the chefs seemed to start by pretty much copying the dish, and then Padma came out with the soup twist. Seemed almost like they saw they were just re-creating, and came up with a twist on the fly.

wingsabre

[6]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    I don't think the chefs where trying to copy the dish, they were reinterpreting the dish inspired by the recipes. Although some chefs did try to redo the dish, when they were supposed to compliment it. It looks to me that the soup twist was already planned as a curb ball. After all, Grant Achatz specialize in molecular gastronomy at Alinea. They usually try to pair up the guest judge and either the quickfire or the elimination challenge.

boromirbeauty

[7]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 61
    Hmmm.... forgot to comment. Anyway, you all said it already. Richard had to go. As much as I thought he was a nice guy, it's not about being nice. As they say. When the Foo guy said it looked like someone spit on his plate, my first thought was, "oh he's got to go." I'm glad he did. I'm also glad that Ariane proved herself this week, I was feeling pretty bad for her.