Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

Gail vs. Ted

Gail or Ted?

ddkl

[1]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 8

Which do you prefer as judge? Personally, I prefer Ted. Maybe its because I liked him on Queer Eye or maybe I just like his personality. I don't dislike Gail, but she doesn't bring as much to the table (no pun intended).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ebbydmp

[2]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    Anthony Bourdain has got them both beat. He tells it just like it is and doesn't try to sugar coat his comment like some judges do.

deleter22

[3]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 3

ebbydmp wrote:
    Anthony Bourdain has got them both beat. He tells it just like it is and doesn't try to sugar coat his comment like some judges do.

I REALLY want to see how Collichio cooks. I mean im no expert but he better be something *** near ethereal.

dani_n

[4]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 4
    See, this is where Colicchio falls short next to someone like Tim Gunn. They both host reality shows, they both serve the same kind of capacity of going in and checking up on the contestants and asking them questions, and neither of them are shown doing any of the cooking/designing themselves. Colicchio supposedly has all this experience, whereas Tim Gunn doesn't have design experience himself... but Gunn is by far the superior host. He has actual insights to share with the contestants, and he supports them. With Colicchio, no matter how many restaurants he opens, he's so unpleasant and unhelpful with the contestants that we're left going "He'd better be a fantastic cook!!"