Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

Hung FOR Top Chef

deleter22

[1]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 3

I personally think Hung should win Top Chef. Its not top personality or anything of the sort. Most people's opinions of wanting Hung "gone" are more so substantial in his individual characteristics and disposition. NOT his food. Hung is the best technical cook amongst the remaining three. I have yet to hear any strong or even sui generis traits that set Casey or Dale apart. Hung is a trained chef, and speaks through his personal opinion(whish he IS entittled to). It doesnt mean they're right; but again for you fastidiously closed minded individuals, it doesnt mean they are wrong. They are there to cook. ANYTHING else is an insubstantial point particular your personal preference(again).

I think its safe to say big gay al isnt top chef "material". His limited knowledge outside 4 hour+ breakfast(s) and sauce(s), is proof enough. He's mentioned enough times that he has a limited knowledge(with a lot on just about every challenge) Casey has skills closest to Hung, She's won a great deal of challenges and has always been in top food picks(if not the winner). But as i stated; there has not really been any point made, that substantiate her as having some kind of advantage/speciality over Hung's cooking. Again the only real advantage(in generalization) that has been realized/made and stated(by the judges/chefs) is that Hung has the best technical skills. Now if anyone has any actual intellegent, circumspect inference(outside of personal preference) of who should win; please do feel free.

Edited on 10/01/2007 9:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gabfan31

[2]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 100
    At this point it's not about anything except cooking the meal of your life, because that's what it usually takes to win. If the finale takes the same format as the past two seasons, it also includes running a kitchen with a sous chef or two who don't necessarily want to help you to win! That may be Hung's first weak point, because his attitude, which I agree will not be served on the plate to the judges, WILL affect those people that he needs to inspire with his vision of culinary heaven. We've never seen him in a leading role in the kitchen, so I will be very interested to see how he handles it. I'm not saying he can't, I'm just saying I'll have to wait and see. Dale has shown great leadership skills, even if he sometimes leads people down roads that angels would fear to tread. Casey isn't the greatest leader from this season, but I've seen enough to think that this won't be her particular Achilles' heel.

As far as technical skill, Hung is far and away the best. But he knows it, and it's gotten him in trouble more than once- he couldn't be bothered to taste the seeds, and they turned out to be something completely different than he had believed, and he got done so fast with his fish that he forgot a primary ingredient, lemon juice. Again, he's not the only one to make that mistake, since Dale forgot his sauce in the quarterfinal elimination challenge, and if Sara hadn't been worse, he wouldn't be in Aspen. I can't remember Casey making that kind of mistake, so I give her the edge there. Yes, I know she can't chop onions worth a darn. That's what sous chefs are for (at least for the finals of this competition)!

As far as creativity, I would say that while Hung usually makes classic choices, they are usually something I expect to see on a menu at a fine restaurant. This isn't damning, but it's nothing special. Dale's imagination goes wild in the kitchen, and that can either be a blessing or a curse. Casey has some good ideas, and sometimes unexpected ones at that, and that's what I personally think a Top Chef should show. Hung is going to have to step outside the box a little on this one if he wants to impress the judges and me.

So who do I think is the Top Chef remaining? Personally, I would like to see Casey win. So many people have downplayed her skills because of conspiracy theories, but she has been very consistent in the last half of the challenges, finishing top or second in most. But I won't be surprised if either Hung or Dale wins- as I said, at this point it's about cooking the meal of your life, and either of them have the potential to do so. I'm looking forward to the final quite eagerly, just to see who pulled it off!

deleter22

[3]Oct 2, 2007

gabfan31 wrote:
    At this point it's not about anything except cooking the meal of your life, because that's what it usually takes to win. If the finale takes the same format as the past two seasons, it also includes running a kitchen with a sous chef or two who don't necessarily want to help you to win! That may be Hung's first weak point, because his attitude, which I agree will not be served on the plate to the judges, WILL affect those people that he needs to inspire with his vision of culinary heaven. We've never seen him in a leading role in the kitchen, so I will be very interested to see how he handles it. I'm not saying he can't, I'm just saying I'll have to wait and see.

A very interesting and valid point. Hung seems to know what he's doing a lot of the time, but simultaniously he is not as "offensive or forthcoming as he can/should be". But at the same time his Sous Chefs will have no real say in the food(only suggestions), so as long as Hung can execute a well comprised dish; he should have little in the way of hindrance. But than like he's said, his finale will mark the quintessence of Hung's food. I do reckon, Hung has not cooked "His Food".

gabfan31 wrote:
    Dale has shown great leadership skills, even if he sometimes leads people down roads that angels would fear to tread. Casey isn't the greatest leader from this season, but I've seen enough to think that this won't be her particular Achilles' heel.

Im actually not very found of Dale. Outside of his limited cooking proficiency and repertoire; He has shown vague assimilation of the fact that this is a competition. I also suggest he has some kind of personal problem with Hung. He is constantly asking questions that would ultimatley differentiate an unfair advantage in any particular challenge. He describes Hung as a "Different type of Chef"; His motto is "No matter what you dont let the person next to you go down"; and of course my personal favorite; "Im the first person to sacrifice presentation over taste, even though im not know for it". Reread the quotes as they are not exaggerations or personal translations. Again I dont see him as Top Chef quality, and would be highly dissapointed if he wins.

gabfan31 wrote:
    As far as technical skill, Hung is far and away the best. But he knows it, and it's gotten him in trouble more than once- he couldn't be bothered to taste the seeds, and they turned out to be something completely different than he had believed, and he got done so fast with his fish that he forgot a primary ingredient, lemon juice. Again, he's not the only one to make that mistake, since Dale forgot his sauce in the quarterfinal elimination challenge, and if Sara hadn't been worse, he wouldn't be in Aspen. I can't remember Casey making that kind of mistake, so I give her the edge there.

Yes again i see your point. But i doubt anyone will forget anything in the finale.

gabfan31 wrote:
    Yes, I know she can't chop onions worth a darn. That's what sous chefs are for (at least for the finals of this competition)! As far as creativity, I would say that while Hung usually makes classic choices, they are usually something I expect to see on a menu at a fine restaurant. This isn't damning, but it's nothing special. Dale's imagination goes wild in the kitchen, and that can either be a blessing or a curse. Casey has some good ideas, and sometimes unexpected ones at that, and that's what I personally think a Top Chef should show.

While yes Casey does turn up some good ones towards the ending, this is were i controverse. Dale may have an imagination but his lack of execution on several occassions proves he doesnt have what it takes to get the job done(outside of his 5+ hour preps) Casey is a lot the same except i believe she can execute her dishes far better. Any given top chef should take some risks, granted; but a Top Chef should have good ideas AND be able to execute them effectively. If not its just wishful thinking. You shouldnt recieve a plate of food from a Top Chef and it be bad due to experimentational defects and addons. Casey is a good chef, no doubt about it; But i dont think she is ready.

gabfan31 wrote:
    Hung is going to have to step outside the box a little on this one if he wants to impress the judges and me. So who do I think is the Top Chef remaining? Personally, I would like to see Casey win. So many people have downplayed her skills because of conspiracy theories, but she has been very consistent in the last half of the challenges, finishing top or second in most. But I won't be surprised if either Hung or Dale wins- as I said, at this point it's about cooking the meal of your life,

and either of them have the potential to do so. I'm looking forward to the final quite eagerly, just to see who pulled it off!

Are you serious about Casey!? There has been nothing but favoritism for Casey thus far. Even the Le Cirque owner proved that. I dont know anyone who likes dale(probably for a good reason); and people choose to hate hung because of his "individual personality". I also do believe there is truth to these conspiracy theories/rumors. Weve seen it in Top Chef 1 and 2 with a consistency. The judges enjoyed Marcel's dishes more while illans played the exact same spanish composition since day one. Yet illan was the fan fav; no way they could send him home. Its not a difficult game to figure. I said it before and ive been saying it since season 2. The producers at Top Chef don have the balls to award someone like Hung/Marcel/Steve the Top Chef position(at least publicly). Over 69% already hate hung! Thats 68% of too many viewers that they cant afford to lose. As much as would like to think its about "Cooking The Meal Of You Life", id be a little too naive to agree.

gabfan31

[4]Oct 2, 2007
    I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories. If I thought there was shady dealings going on, I'd quit watching. Maybe that's naive of me, but that's the way I see it. As far as Casey goes, I'm sure the producers lov that she's an attractive female that everyone likes. But if they went strictly by fan favorites, Lee Anne, Sam, and Tre would have been finalists in their respective seasons.

I also think it's a bit of an insult to all the chefs to ignore the food that they have all sweated to put out (sorry Howie, I couldn't resist!) and try to find the Machiavellian hand behind the scenes. I'm aware that I'm not going to change firmly entrenched opinions. I'm just reminding you that other opinions exist, and have at least equal validity. And in my opinion, Casey deserves to be where she is, and is worthy of this opportunity to win. She will have tough competition in Hung, and even in Dale. I hope she wins. But may the best chef, whoever that may be, win.

I did agree that the decision to give Ilan the win over Marcel was questionable, but they stated their reasons, and as the judges, it's their call. I also rooted for Tiffani, in spite of the fact that I thought Harold was a better person, so I'm not totally biased against the so-called "unpopular" chefs. I just think Hung is lacking something, but maybe when he gets a chance to cook his food that missing element will shine through. I certainly look forward to seeing what all of them prepare.

deleter22

[5]Oct 2, 2007

gabfan31 wrote:
    I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories. If I thought there was shady dealings going on, I'd quit watching. Maybe that's naive of me, but that's the way I see it. As far as Casey goes, I'm sure the producers lov that she's an attractive female that everyone likes. But if they went strictly by fan favorites, Lee Anne, Sam, and Tre would have been finalists in their respective seasons. I also think it's a bit of an insult to all the chefs to ignore the food that they have all sweated to put out (sorry Howie, I couldn't resist!) and try to find the Machiavellian hand behind the scenes.

Yes i guess it is in a way a bit of an insult to the selected Top chef's. NOT all chef's. dont misunderstand. As far as i know ALL chef's have been slaving over a stove.

gabfan31 wrote:
    I'm aware that I'm not going to change firmly entrenched opinions. I'm just reminding you that other opinions exist, and have at least equal validity. And in my opinion, Casey deserves to be where she is, and is worthy of this opportunity to win.

Again you seem to be missing the point entirely. Im well aware people have their respected opinions(as they are entittled to) I simply try to exegesis the competition, and practical reasoning surrounding an optimistic interpretation(suggested) of "Top Chef".

gabfan31 wrote:
    She will have tough competition in Hung, and even in Dale. I hope she wins. But may the best chef, whoever that may be, win.

I disagree. As i said, it is my opinion that dale is not nor will ever be Top Chef material, but we are all have our idealistic opinions.

gabfan31 wrote:
    I did agree that the decision to give Ilan the win over Marcel was questionable, but they stated their reasons, and as the judges, it's their call. I also rooted for Tiffani, in spite of the fact that I thought Harold was a better person, so I'm not totally biased against the so-called "unpopular" chefs.

You once again miss the point. Its not supposed to be about the "unpopular/popular" chef. Its Top Chef not Top _ _ _ _ _(reconstitute "chef" with user choice of noun)

gabfan31 wrote:
    I just think Hung is lacking something, but maybe when he gets a chance to cook his food that missing element will shine through. I certainly look forward to seeing what all of them prepare.

Lacking something? Perhaps the personality to indulge others outside of his primary goal? Hung is a competitor, and he knows what he wants. "His lacking", by far substantiates his fellow competitors deprivation of knowledge, in areas outside of their already limited repertoire. But like you i am anxious to see how this pans out.

MegaDragonGod

[6]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 4
    This is the final round - they can cook whatever they want to, in other words their challenge is to do their best to create the best, so anything can happen. Hung can finally prove, that he can do more that just cooking something traditional, and I really hope that there will be something Vietnamese in his dishes.

On the other hand, Hung should be a lot more careful, he can't afford making mistakes that he made in the past (for example fish challenge).

Even though his attitude has nothing to do with his food, it might affect his sous chef. Hung's sous chefs might not do their best to help Hung just because they hate his attitude.

gabfan31

[7]Oct 3, 2007
    When I say Hung is lacking something, I'm not referring to his personality. I'm not rooting for Casey because she seems like a nice woman, and Dale because he's oh so cuddly, or against Hung because he's arrogant and driven. I'm talking about the food that I see them put out every week. I have a simple set of criteria, since I can't be there to taste the food. I look for a)the food's appearance, since no one wants to eat food that looks unappetizing, b)ingredients- I know what I like, and what I think goes well together, and c)I want something that I haven't seen a dozen times before on a menu, even if it was the menu of a very nice place. I want to see something new and interesting, something that breaks away from the mold and inspires me to want to try it, just to see if it's good.

Using this set of criteria, Casey is on top for me. Her food always looks great, and I like her ingredients/combinations for the most part. Occasionally I don't care for something, but I don't think that means her food isn't good, just that it doesn't suit me personally. Finally, she does make elegant food that has her own twist to it, not just recipes regurgitated from her culinary training.

Dale's food usually looks good, and while I don't like his ingredients some of the time, I think he takes interesting chances that sometimes succeed, and I prefer inspiration to rote repetition.

Which leaves Hung. His food is usually very good looking, and I love his choice of ingredients most of the time. But he hasn't created anything that I haven't seen before many times. He seems to be strictly a sous chef working from an extensive repetoire of previously studied recipes, but I have yet to see anything that seemed as if he was creating a dish, or even giving a classic his own personal twist. And that is where he falls short for me.

That is why I say that Dale has as good a chance as Hung to succeed in this competition. Dale has a wild imagination that sometimes gets him in trouble, but can also lead him to the sublime. Casey is the strongest all around, but that doesn't mean she can't be beat. Hung still has a chance. Maybe he has reined in his imagination during the earlier rounds because he was too constrained by the rules of the individual challenges. Maybe he does have that inspiration that can take him over the top. But I haven't seen it yet, and I need to!

As for my comments about the "unpopular" chefs, I was merely responding to your complaint that the producers lacked the intestinal fortitude to allow an unpopular contestant to win the competition by making it clear that whatever bias the producers may or may not have, I didn't share it. Of course it's not about popularity! It's about cooking some great food, and I hope they all do it tonight, regardless of whether or not I like their personalities. And as I have said before, may the best chef win!
    Edited on 10/03/2007 1:43pm

deleter22

[8]Oct 3, 2007

MegaDragonGod wrote:
    This is the final round - they can cook whatever they want to, in other words their challenge is to do their best to create the best, so anything can happen. Hung can finally prove, that he can do more that just cooking something traditional, and I really hope that there will be something Vietnamese in his dishes. On the other hand, Hung should be a lot more careful, he can't afford making mistakes that he made in the past (for example fish challenge). Even though his attitude has nothing to do with his food, it might affect his sous chef. Hung's sous chefs might not do their best to help Hung just because they hate his attitude.

I agree. I know Hung has the talent and confidence to pull it off, i just hope he doesnt get to far ahead of himself in that aspect. As far as ive gathered the sous chefs have to do what they are tol, but i hope it doesnt come to that form of deliberate mutiny. Another thing im worried about is when someone typically says they have something in reserve, it doesnt always live up to the hype or expectations or emphasis of their "reserved abilities".(I hope he doesnt try and play around though, like that 7 textures dish)

deleter22

[9]Oct 3, 2007

gabfan31 wrote:
    When I say Hung is lacking something, I'm not referring to his personality. I'm not rooting for Casey because she seems like a nice woman, and Dale because he's oh so cuddly, or against Hung because he's arrogant and driven. I'm talking about the food that I see them put out every week. I have a simple set of criteria, since I can't be there to taste the food. I look for a)the food's appearance, since no one wants to eat food that looks unappetizing, b)ingredients- I know what I like, and what I think goes well together, and c)I want something that I haven't seen a dozen times before on a menu, even if it was the menu of a very nice place. I want to see something new and interesting, something that breaks away from the mold and inspires me to want to try it, just to see if it's good. Using this set of criteria, Casey is on top for me. Her food always looks great, and I like her ingredients/combinations for the most part. Occasionally I don't care for something, but I don't think that means her food isn't good, just that it doesn't suit me personally.

Yes i see where your coming from and it does make sence. Im sure each individual bears his/her own distinct assessment for the culinary dishes as well as they should; As viewers its all we can do(unless someone here has first hand knowledge). To speak truthfully i am amognst the 70% of individuals who do not gourmet dine, regularly. So my redundantly bourgeois culinary palette, doesnt recognize half of the things these competitors are making(in full) And not being there to taste isnt helping. So i watch for thing i do recognize and try to put two and two together.

gabfan31 wrote:
    He seems to be strictly a sous chef working from an extensive repetoire of previously studied recipes, but I have yet to see anything that seemed as if he was creating a dish, or even giving a classic his own personal twist. And that is where he falls short for me. That is why I say that Dale has as good a chance as Hung to succeed in this competition.

I dont understand how you could place Hung as a "Sous Chef". He preforms all his feats almost masterfully, with all his "style grace and elegance" included. Amongst his fellow competitors, Hung was chosen from a school with some 200 years experience in all form of culinary arts as the winner. I may not be there to taste the food, but i dont see how a collective group of such highly trained chef's could be mistaken. Owner(forgot his name) even announced that Hung would be the one he would hire. If Hung is a Sous Chef, that would make his fellow competitors line cooks. But as before, well see soon who the judges decide.

gabfan31 wrote:
    Dale has a wild imagination that sometimes gets him in trouble, but can also lead him to the sublime. Casey is the strongest all around, but that doesn't mean she can't be beat. Hung still has a chance. Maybe he has reined in his imagination during the earlier rounds because he was too constrained by the rules of the individual challenges.

Again i disagree, Casey is on par, if not lacking with Hung's culinary skills. Her execution and what not i would personally say is very close to Hung, but where Hung excells(as mentioned by cooks) is technically. ALL else is speculation. The only fact(as far as the judges go) is that Hung is the best technical chef.

gabfan31 wrote:
    Maybe he does have that inspiration that can take him over the top. But I haven't seen it yet, and I need to!

Well thats kind of personal preference. Me personally would prefer guarenteed good food over 40/60 experimentation.

gabfan31 wrote:
    As for my comments about the "unpopular" chefs, I was merely responding to your complaint that the producers lacked the intestinal fortitude to allow an unpopular contestant to win the competition by making it clear that whatever bias the producers may or may not have, I didn't share it. Of course it's not about popularity! It's about cooking some great food, and I hope they all do it tonight, regardless of whether or not I like their personalities. And as I have said before, may the best chef win!

Again i think your missing the actual point. Its NOT about producers choosing a popular/unpopular Top Chef; but rather not the one that audiences(in idealist majority)dislike. I did not see Top Chef season one in full, let alone know the name of the person who won. In that aspect, I certainly wouldnt consider him popular(i dont know if he was during his time). Even illan from season 2. I havent heard or seen him on any shows or mags ouside of Top Chef affiliate. One thing i do agree on with you is, i DO hope they all cook their best. No fogotten sauces, or unconcentrated mishaps. I hope that all chefs put their best out there without excuses, and quite as you said; "may the best chef win".

Slicer17

[11]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 1

deleter22 wrote:
    ****** kickThe ***! Hung for TOP CHEF!

They got it right. I was convinced the show was fixed after last year. They surprised me.

Edited on 10/03/2007 9:52pm

edtajchman

[12]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 11

oh yeah! we are right! Hung wins, yes...

In your face other people!

Chef Tom keepin it real for us....

Edited on 10/03/2007 8:42pm

deleter22

[13]Oct 4, 2007
    edtajchman wrote:

I knew that many ppl didnt like Hung for his personality but he was the BEST chef there; and Top Chef(one would think) is about being the best chef... I knew he had the talent to win it, but i was more worried about the "censeorship"; rather Hung's ability to out preform his competitors; as he's already displayed this with a consistency. I was really really REALLY worried about the pastry dish. Hes one of the few chef's to execute a pastry so perfectly(even if it was boring and didnt fit in with the theme) Which actually only adds to the pudding. Once again proving the judges would rather a well executed dish then a 40/60 experimentation flop. He deserves to be Top Chef, and is actually the first winner whose restaurant(all assuming he opens one)id like to dine at. He'd better hire Marcel cause that would make one bad --- team.

One person i did feel sorry for was Casey. I personally felt she wasnt par with Hung, but i thought she would do much better than she did. And i think she's turned up better dishes during the previous competitions/quickfires.

On a side note though, I still wouldnt mind a Tre vs Hung cook off. That cheese grits and bacon spat looked awesome, especially for only being a spectator.

gabfan31

[14]Oct 4, 2007
    Hung definitely brought the big guns, and made it all work. I was disappointed by Casey's performance, but she obviously was having problems with the altitude, and not just with her cooking. But my point was also made, that Dale had the ability to give Hung a run for his money, and he certainly did. The Judges made the right decision, but it was a tough competition. Congratulations to Hung, and I hope he continues to cook with such joy and passion in the future.

edtajchman

[15]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 11
    deleter22 wrote:
    edtajchman wrote:

I knew that many ppl didnt like Hung for his personality but he was the BEST chef there; and Top Chef(one would think) is about being the best chef... I knew he had the talent to win it, but i was more worried about the "censeorship"; rather Hung's ability to out preform his competitors; as he's already displayed this with a consistency. I was really really REALLY worried about the pastry dish. Hes one of the few chef's to execute a pastry so perfectly(even if it was boring and didnt fit in with the theme) Which actually only adds to the pudding. Once again proving the judges would rather a well executed dish then a 40/60 experimentation flop. He deserves to be Top Chef, and is actually the first winner whose restaurant(all assuming he opens one)id like to dine at. He'd better hire Marcel cause that would make one bad --- team.

One person i did feel sorry for was Casey. I personally felt she wasnt par with Hung, but i thought she would do much better than she did. And i think she's turned up better dishes during the previous competitions/quickfires.

On a side note though, I still wouldnt mind a Tre vs Hung cook off. That cheese grits and bacon spat looked awesome, especially for only being a spectator.

I never felt sorry for Casey, it's obvious she's used to getting what she wants, when the judges confronted her on her cooking, she almost blew up and then almost cried, just like every episode, do you watch Kid Nation, she is exactly like that little bossy 10 year old girl.

deleter22

[16]Oct 4, 2007

[/QUOTE] I never felt sorry for Casey, it's obvious she's used to getting what she wants, when the judges confronted her on her cooking, she almost blew up and then almost cried, just like every episode, do you watch Kid Nation, she is exactly like that little bossy 10 year old girl.[/QUOTE]

I found it hard to like a lot of people this season. (Of course i only saw season 2 and 3) But my favs were Hung, Tre, and .... i guess thats it. dale i just found to be a whining moron who didnt understand the basis/essentials behind the word competition. Casey. I ALMOST liked. Shes a good cook, but a little too stereotypical of someone who's trying too hard to be liked. Bryan, i for some reason found completely fake. That family knew what they were doing when they coined the last name "Malarky". Sara...just too much cheese(literally).

Howie's stuff looked too.. how can i put this "average fast food". He was doing pretty good in the comp. till he lost site of the prize with that team stuff. One thing i really hate is how he got knocked off, for essentilly not putting out food he was not proud of(i think the judges went extra hard on him just for that). But a majority of they're comments range from.."If i had tasted this/that it wouldnt have left the kitchen". Dont know about you but im pretty sure if something didnt make it out of the kitchen that would be an automatic boot home for the chef. Anyways i heard he sweats IN the food!(Ive never seen it though)

Cant think of anyone else lol

IdiotsloveBoxes

[17]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 9

I think Hung would be a good challenger on Iron Chef America. He makes super high end food super fast. He'd be perfect.

Imagine: Hung vs. Bobby Flay. Secret ingredeint: Caviar. Alay Cuisine!

Edited on 10/07/2007 12:57pm

urpimpnes

[18]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    I thought Hung and Tre were the best this season as well. I was stunned they got rid of Tre. I also think Casey and CJ got favoritism.

erfan4ever

[19]Oct 12, 2007
    • level: 9
    I don't really care for Hung! I liked Casey the best!

gabfan31

[20]Oct 30, 2007
    If you're going to knock Casey for her reaction to the Judges, you are throwing stones through Hung's glass house. When did he ever react in a humble, reasonable way to the Judges criticism? He always seemed to think they were crazy when they didn't go into raptures about his food! He was more confrontational about it with the Judges than Casey ever was! I found his frequent petulance more annoying than the one time Casey reacted badly in the finals, personally. After all, she seemed to me to be as disgusted with herself as with the Judges, whereas Hung lived in a fantasy world where everyone was out to get him. You can tell me he was the best chef for the food he put out and I can't argue with you, since he won, but you can't tell me he was a better person, because every example you give me about Casey can be countered by too many others that show Hung in a bad light. He said from day one that he was looking to fill the role of "bad guy" on the show, and he did it, though Howie certainly took over the role for a good bit of the season. But hey, that's just my opinion, and everybody knows what opinions are like...