Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

Hung should go home

Paradox2007

[21]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    sparkie_ac wrote:

Back to point at hand I don't see Tom sending Hung home just yet and I am very interested now that Harold has said that he sees Hung going to finals. It would to interesting to see how close Harold called it

I think Harold was really impressed by Hung's Geo duck. But that could just be a specialty of his, because he seems to be getting in the bottom more and more recently, both in the Quickfires and the Elimination Challenges.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rexkiddo2008

[22]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    yea i keep praying each week for them to find somethign wrong in his food....oh nad btw i loved during the quick fire when he acted all big and badand said wat theingredient was without tasting it.......padma burned his ass real good!!!!!

gabfan31

[23]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 100
    Hung has really toned it down over the last few episodes, so now my number one most hated contestant is Howie, who's getting worse and worse. I think Hung may make it to the final three, but I can't see him winning, though I think he's a pretty good cook. He's young and stupid, but eventually young and stupid grows up, and hopefully doesn't become old and stupid!

edtajchman

[24]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 11
    Hung has learned from his mistakes and will be there till the end,.hahahah people..

leme009

[25]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 9

edtajchman wrote:
    Hung has learned from his mistakes and will be there till the end,.hahahah people..

I disagree, in the last episode, in the quickfire, when he did this Smurf village-like dish, he again, said the guest chef was all wrong, and he did things great! Even though it was a hard challenge, he still thinks he is better than everyone and can´t take any criticism.

gidget_sparty

[26]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    leme009 wrote:

edtajchman wrote:

I disagree, in the last episode, in the quickfire, when he did this Smurf village-like dish, he again, said the guest chef was all wrong, and he did things great! Even though it was a hard challenge, he still thinks he is better than everyone and can´t take any criticism.

I agree--the true Hung-believes he is the best-and everyone else is wrong to think otherwise. He did not like the comments from the judges about his dish-last week.--and it was nice to see him take some heat!

aspettig

[27]Sep 26, 2007
    Hung is very arrogant and self-serving. I really disliked him at the beginning of the season. I can't say that I like him at this point in time, but I don't dislike him as much... It's not that I'm rooting for him, but I don't specifically want him to lose, as I had before. I don't know what's changed, though. Maybe he's just been less cocky since the competition has gotten tougher.

deleter22

[28]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 3

Its top Chef not top personality. Ther're individual characteristics are irrelevant to their food. I hope that Hung wins. Chubby Gay al is too sloppy to hold anything together, and he's said it himself many many times hes a breakfast guy. Anything outside of breakfast limits his already limited skill(s). Casey is a bit more complicated. She could par Hung were it not for her lack of classical training; especially compared to Hung. Most of you may hate his personality but give the man the respect he deserves. Its a competition; not a convention. TO WIN! I emphasize because i guarentee the winner will NOT be crediting any chefs that have helped him along the way(during competition) Howie HAD the right mindset and Hung does as well. When Howie lost focus of the prize he was booted off... Once again for you fans who cant interpret, its top Chef(one individual not plural)

Sad to say you misguided fans may get what you want though. Given the previous Top Chef season 2 and season 1 preferences to "fan-likings/favs", the chefs/judges dont have half the balls neccessary to elect someone as controversial as Hung(just demoralizing the entire show). I predict another unfair unanimous decision in favor of dale or casey. Hung is just there to boost ratings and make for a cinematic finale.(Similar to Marcel) Its all buisness, i wouldnt take any elected Top Chef's as being the top in any culinary class or category.

Metal_Meatwad

[29]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 20
    Hung better Win I've been rooting for him this whole Competition, and I added him to my MySpace.

MegaDragonGod

[30]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 4
    Well, at first I was really happy to see Vietnamese chefs, since I'm also Vietnamese. But then his attitude kinda ... disappoint me a little bit (actually I meant something else, but I couldn't find the right word). But in the end, I really want him to win.

MervyMerv858

[31]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    i agree, i really dont like Hung, hes good, but hes not that good, his cocky attitude is going to get him cut (atleast i hope) hes ruining the enjoyment of the show for me, every show has its villian, and he sucks at being one (for me atleast)

Vital_Shot

[32]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 25
    I'm not really fond of him, and I laughed out loud when during last's night episode
    ***SPOILER***
    He is a good chef, and I give him props for making it this far. It's going to be down to the wire in the second part of the finale.

leme009

[33]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 9
    I guess the finale will be Hung vs Casey, I hope she wins, finally a girl Top Chef

aimers22

[34]Oct 2, 2007

To me its very simple. People like to watch conflict. Thats how marcel made it so far. In the same way hung will make it to the finals because he'll be a jerk and that will make the final ep interesting. However, he won't win because everyone wants the guy they hate to lose in the end.