Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoIn Season

Season 2

Polka_Dot

[1]Oct 12, 2006
    • level: 12
    Is anyone excited about Season 2? I know I am! Just one more week! YAY ^_____^
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sburright

[2]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    i know, i can't wait!

Polka_Dot

[3]Oct 16, 2006

At least this board isn't a total ghosttown.  Did you watch season 1?  Who were your favorites? Mine were Dave (my all time fav), Stephen, Ken (got jipped IMO), Cynthia, and Miguel.

starwolf99

[4]Oct 18, 2006

I have to disagree about Ken.  He claims to be from a militaristic level of training yet can't respect the head chef's rules regarding how to behave in a kitchen.

Television Without Pity just finished it's comments about the 1st season.  I've never seen TWoP so gleeful at watching a villain's downfall in the final episode since Tara/Wil lost a footrace in season 2 of The Amazing Race.

I look forward to watching the new season with a host that's more animated than Katie.

Full_MetalFreak

[5]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 11
    starwolf99 wrote:

I look forward to watching the new season with a host that's more animated than Katie.

I'm so glad they got rid of her. I couldn't stand her monotonous voice for another season!

Polka_Dot

[6]Oct 19, 2006
    Me neither. She seemed so snobbish IMO.  Padma seems nicer and more animated.  I look forward to seeing more of her and the chefs. 

boromirbeauty

[7]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 61
    I just love this show! My favorite last year was Harold. I'm so glad that he was on last night! I also liked Lee Anne and Dave. I think that Tiffani was a bigger villian than Stephen was, she made me want to throw things at the screen when she was on.

This year (after the first episode) I like Ilan, but mainly because he comes from Long Island like me. It's too soon to make too many judgements... although Marcel, Marisa, and Michael seem like they could be the jerks of the season. We'll have to see.

Oh yeah, I'm not too sure about Padma either. I like her as an actress but I can't decide about her hosting ability just yet.

starwolf99

[8]Oct 25, 2006

The problem with this season is that, this time, they are trying to determine who is "the new Harold" or "the new Stephen" or "the new Tiffani", especially with more contestants.  You can't do that. 

So, this season offers bad hair, early bickering, and not much else.  Then again, the first season opener didn't look promising even though the rest of the season was great.

dbcsdragon

[9]Oct 27, 2006

I LOVED season 1.  I was so excited for this season to start.  For me, the first couple episodes were a let down.  I want to watch chefs cook  in outrageously diffucult challenges, not sit around getting drunk.  This new season seems more like a freshman college class than talented cooks trying to make a name for themselves.  I hope my first impressions are wrong and it gets better.

dragonfly_pat

[10]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 19
    Polka_Dot wrote:

At least this board isn't a total ghosttown.  Did you watch season 1?  Who were your favorites? Mine were Dave (my all time fav), Stephen, Ken (got jipped IMO), Cynthia, and Miguel.

My absolute favorite from the beginning was Harold. I liked his professional attitude. However, I loved both Dave and Lee Anne too. I was terribly sorry that Tiffani went on to the final three instead of Lee Anne. Tiffani was a creep from the beginning, or as Miguel so aptly put it, that she was, "a snake! Ssssssssssssss!!!!"