We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

Season 5 Premiere and a Personnel Change

layle1

[1]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 73
    Bravo finally announced a November 12, 2008 premiere for season five today, along with the new contestants. The press release also nixes any hopes of Ted Allen's return (I know some of you will be happy), since he's moved to Food Network with his own show. The new judge will be Toby Young (Wikipedia article), it should be interesting if Anthony Bourdain is asked back as a guest judge.

Speaking of guest judges and celebrities, some of our favorites will be back along with some new names: Martha Stewart, Foo Fighters, Jean-Georges, Eric Ripert, Rocco DiSpirito, Wylie Dufresne, Jean-Christophe Novelli and Natasha Richardson.

Only a month-and-a-half to go, let the countdown begin!

Here's the Bravo press release, as well as the new contestants: http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/season/5/about/index.php
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boromirbeauty

[2]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 61
    I can't wait. I don't mind Ted not coming back, but he was a nice addition to the show last season. Maybe this will mean more Gail airtime though.

danharr

[3]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 46
    Bourdine and Toby have had words I take it?

Finnegan77

[4]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 27
    Did anyone catch the new commercial for TC that was run during Project Runway last night? For some reason, Padma's new look struck me as very "high school girl." Can't make anything of the new chefs yet, although I know for sure that one of them can't sing. Hopefully this season will take the new location to heart and give us some of the best challenges ever.

brandi1leigh

[5]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 62
    I think its interesting that Young is the new judge, since he has no claim to fame in the food industry. Even Padma has more food credibility than he does.

bob07087

[6]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 19
    just 3 days away and its almost on my turf this time, I live in NJ across the river from NYC.

kravitzfan12

[7]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 34
    I'm actually upset with Ted Allen leaving. He wasn't on every episode anyway, I mean it's not like Tom is leaving or anything, but he was still a good addition.

Tomorrow's the big day! Can't wait!