We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

Stephen Got The Shaft

a845835

[1]May 2, 2006
    • level: 4

The show is called “Top Chef,” not “Top Personality!” Stephen is a pompous condescending egotistical jerk but he DIDN'T deserve the boot for the wedding fiasco. Deservedly he could’ve been booted for the microwave or street food challenges but the wedding challenge fiasco had two people who earned a trip home and they were Lee Anne and Harold. Here are three reasons why Stephen did not earn the boot: 1. His dish was liked 2. He was the only one who totally disagreed with the Betty Crocker Cake idea 3. His coaching of the servers was complimented by the guest expert (WHICH BURNED TOM COLICCHIO’S A$$) and this was her only compliment. Lee Anne’s presentation was chosen for the wedding, she took charge like she should have and the second she stated “No” to Tom’s question “Would you have served that food in your restaurant” she should have been given the boot and Harold’s dish was hated. I couldn’t stand Stephen but he got the shaft and Tom was Hell bent on getting rid of him when the guest judged burned him.

Edited on 05/02/2006 5:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Uptight

[2]May 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    I was sad to see Steven go because I enjoyed his ridiculousness, but he deserved to go as much as anybody. He shouldn't have been fussing about outside the kitchen like that, and he was already warned last time. The boxed cake mix was lame but I didn't hear Steven violently protesting. LeeAnne probably would have had the time and resources to serve better food if she had a restaurant... they weren't even told they had 16 hours to cater the wedding in the middle of the night untill after she chose the menu!

Aagghh... I'm way too wrapped up in "Top Chef".

a845835

[3]May 3, 2006

Stephen was in the minority as far as it came to the cake and protesting it would have been a waste of air. The fact that he was the only one who saw it as a mistake showed that he had a better understanding on what not to serve for a wedding reception. His dish was a success and so was his direction of the servers and that didn't deserve the boot as much as the others. In fact he succeeded in this challenge where others didn't. Lee Anne deserved the axe the most and the show has shown that it cannot decide who should go correctly. It was like watching a horrible call by a referee. The judges have shown that when they have it in for someone they will be gone even when they succeed during a challenge.

tiredoldguy

[4]May 5, 2006
    Stephen should have been sent home weeks ago!  As for this episode, he was absolutley worthless!  If you read the recap and blogs at Bravo, you find out the direction he gave the wait staff was only for the head table.  He did not help with the kitchen prep.  He did not tell anyone when he was leaving the kitchen to be in the front of the house.  This show was top chef not top wine guy!  he  was an arrogant, prissy, blow hard and I for one would never have him in a my home kitchen let alone any kind of commercial kitchen! 

edmorita

[5]May 21, 2006
    • level: 22
    a845835 wrote:

Stephen was in the minority as far as it came to the cake and protesting it would have been a waste of air. The fact that he was the only one who saw it as a mistake showed that he had a better understanding on what not to serve for a wedding reception. His dish was a success and so was his direction of the servers and that didn't deserve the boot as much as the others. In fact he succeeded in this challenge where others didn't. Lee Anne deserved the axe the most and the show has shown that it cannot decide who should go correctly. It was like watching a horrible call by a referee. The judges have shown that when they have it in for someone they will be gone even when they succeed during a challenge.

Stephen may have not liked the idea of using box cake mix, but he didn't volunteer to bake it either. Also, a lot of restaurants and hotels use cake mixes. Granted, they come in 50# bags, but they are essencially the same thing. There is nothing wrong with cake mixes.

Stephen, totally deserved to get the boot. They had 16 hours to prep a party, and the guy dragged his @$$ on the springrolls, he left the spoons unwashed and with the stickers still on, and was out messing around with the wait staff while everyone was busting their humps in the kitchen. They guy was useless. As for him getting the shaft, I'm sure that he gets the shaft every night.