Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoBetween Seasons

Stephen must go!!

tiredoldguy

[1]Apr 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    I like a good snob as well as the next guy. Stephen however is intolerable. Did you see the way he was looking at the judges after the last challenge.

I am suprised that he has managed to live this long. If he was in the army he would have been fragged long ago.

Please dump this guy quickly, it can only help the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Vedran_Kurama

[2]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 16
    I hate the way he stares and blinks his eyes as if hes the f**king top chef of the world. I also hate when he talkes really slow because hes trying to process really big words in his head so he can use them and look very intellegent...when we all know what an idiot he is.

KBGUY09

[3]Apr 4, 2006
    • level: 5
    alright, i've only seen 2 epiosdes of this show (its great, btw ) and i'm not good with the names but i THINK i know who you're talking about.

if stephan is the one who, in the "microwave challenge," was going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about his dish, then i agree. he is annoying, boring, and doesnt fit in with any of the other contestants!

Keith6601

[4]Apr 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    I enjoy Stephen for the simple fact that he always thinks he is the best one there and without a doubt the winner. Then the judges announce someone else and the camera zooms in on his reaction.
    Edited on 04/09/2006 4:55pm

edmorita

[5]Apr 14, 2006
    • level: 22
    I can't stand the guy. He's a food snob, and doesn't realize that food is for nurishment. Most people are not looking to participate in some grand culinary experiment. They want to eat. Also, I don't really see that guy getting down and dirty in the kitchen. A chef does everything, Cooks, serves washes dishes, scrubs floors, everything! If stephen owned a restaurant, he would probably be the type who lets his cooks do all the dirty work, and he would be in the dining room shmoozing with the guests. If that is the case, then he is doing it for the wrong reasons. Chef do it because of their love of food. It seems to me that Stephen is more in love with himself than anything else.

Uptight

[6]Apr 24, 2006
    Steven is the most entertaining part of the show. The fact that so many people boil with hatrid over his absurd snobbishness just makes him funnier. And he looks like Pee-Wee Herman.

jkdowney

[7]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 31
    I think he's a really talented chef, but he is so pompous - definitely not an element for success. I think the other chefs are ready for him to hit the road as well. The previews sound like the other players are ready to speak up, too! Looking forward to the next episode to find out!

LukesDiner

[8]Apr 27, 2006
    • level: 3

We got our wish, he is gone! Thankful for that. I was so worried for Harold and Lee Ann, who weren't at their best last night.

Uptight

[9]Apr 27, 2006
    It just isn't gonna be as much fun without that camp. Dave is kind of over the top with his nerves, but it won't be the same watching without Stephen's bizarre villainy. And I hate Harold, he's just a boring jerk. Tiffani's no good either. Lee-Anne should win.

Vedran_Kurama

[10]May 1, 2006
    • level: 16
    HE'S GONE, YES! I'm so glad. Top Chef is now going to be even better to watch.

MJ289

[11]May 17, 2006
    • level: 1
    I agree. Stephen makes me want to upchuck. Really thinks he is an EUCATOR!. He needs to learn some people skills.

cookmefoodnow

[12]May 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    Stephen was one of my favs on the show. I dont think he was the best cook, but his plate presentations were spectacular. Honestly works of art. He had a bit of creativism in him, but he was way to into himself.

edmorita

[13]May 24, 2006
    • level: 22
    cookmefoodnow wrote:
    Stephen was one of my favs on the show. I dont think he was the best cook, but his plate presentations were spectacular. Honestly works of art. He had a bit of creativism in him, but he was way to into himself.

I have worked with guys like Stephen before, and I can tell you from personal experience that they are friggin morons! As a customer, which would you prefer, a nice hearty meal, or one of Stephen's plates which have maybe 3 oz. of consumable food on it? Yes, presentation plays a big part in food, but what is the point if it looks nice, but it doesn't tase good, or the portion is so small that you are still hungary after you've eaten it. If you want to look at a beautiful piece of art, you go to an art gallery. If you want to eat, then you go to a restaurant.

starwolf99

[14]Aug 10, 2006
    • level: 12
    I just finished reading Tom Coliccio's blogs about the show, especially the finale.  What caught my attention was his amazement at how Stephen--who claimed to want to bring a new level of professionalism to the kitchen--was the least professional by being plastered at Tiffani's kitchen.  He really didn't give it his all in the end.

sparkie_ac

[16]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 18

Keith6601 wrote:
    I enjoy Stephen for the simple fact that he always thinks he is the best one there and without a doubt the winner. Then the judges announce someone else and the camera zooms in on his reaction.

I think he adds to the show and is the undog, yah a jerk most the time but too early for him to go. There are otheres that need to pack their knifes!