Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoIn Season

The Reunion

JLUVANIME

[1]May 11, 2006
    • level: 6
    It was pretty good. The only thing that really bothered me is that Lisa said about one or two things and then kind of . . . disappeared. The other thing is that Tiffani was being mean. She's always mean, but this time she was trying to pass off that she was a good person. I didn't even realize that Harold said "I'm a chef/cook" that much or that the others said "It is what is is" as much as they did. Surprisingly, Stephen played the role of a good guy. He was apologizing for everything. It sounded kind of phony to me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Vedran_Kurama

[2]May 11, 2006
    • level: 16

I really felt that Stephen was sorry and that it came from his heart, and I honestly don't like Stephen.

glamuro

[3]May 14, 2006
    this whole reunion thing is a ridiculous drama, but it's funny to watch.

edmorita

[4]May 21, 2006
    • level: 22
    Vedran_Kurama wrote:

I really felt that Stephen was sorry and that it came from his heart, and I honestly don't like Stephen.

Pfft! It was all an act! Stephen was just milking it for all that it was worth. I seriously doubt that it was a sincere apology. I was surprised, thought that he wore jeans and a t-shirt instead of his usual suit.

JLUVANIME

[5]May 21, 2006
    He must've seen a few episodes of the show and didn't like the way it made him look so he decided to show up in a T-shirt and jeans and act like the "good guy". I don't think it was for real. He just wants people to think more of him.

zukone

[6]May 24, 2006
    • level: 8
    I thought a little better of Stephen. So, I guess it worked. I just think he has a lot to learn. I mean, he was oblivious during the show about how he was acting. Even when people confronted him on it, he refused to change. Nothing works better than a mirror. That's what the show (and family feedback) has probably done for him. Now, I don't know him personally so I can't vouch for his metamorphosis. However, though his apology was rehearsed, he put himself in a more humbling position- this is something that, as I watched the show, I could not even imagine he was capable of. Hand's down, he at least gave it some serious thought.

Tiffany is the one who I thought was faking any remorse. She was trying to joke to play it off. I think a straight forward apology would have been better. Plus, in the midst of the reunion, she overstepped her boundaries, AGAIN! Of course, Dave didn't help matters one bit. During the Finale part 1, she kind of double talked about learning a lesson. I don't even think she feels that she did anything wrong. She's in it to win it. I think her thing is that she doesn't like that the general population doesn't want her to win.

starwolf99

[7]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 12

The thing was that the reunion was actually filmed after the winner was announced, so Tiffani's attitude during this episode might have something to do with that.