Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoIn Season

TV.com Top Chef - Season 3

boromirbeauty

[1]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 61

As the winner of tv.com's Top Chef 2, I am the official host of "Season 3". As such I invite anyone who'd like to join us in the game. In keeping with a great system set up by tiredoldguy, the game will be judged as follows. The winner of the weeks challenge will receive 3 points. The runner up will receive 2 points. Any quickfire challenges will result in the winner receiving 1 extra point. The person with the most points at the end - wins. There will be no eliminations.

To play, here's what you need to do. Post here. That's it. Use your regular user name or make one up if you'd like, anything is fine with me.

Edited on 06/13/2007 5:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gabfan31

[2]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 100
    This is my season, I just know it! I'll play!

tvFANatic20

[3]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 17
    it would be interesting to be on the opposite side of Judge's Table...I'm In!

CSIKansas

[4]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    i was not able to participate in Season 2, so I would be more than happy to be in Season 3!

copacafana82

[5]Jun 15, 2007
    well, this game looks like a lot of fun, I'll join!

boromirbeauty

[6]Jun 16, 2007
    Cool. We will start Monday, but I will leave joining open in case anyone else would like to play. With the points system it leaves room for people to join as the game goes on.

boromirbeauty

[7]Jun 18, 2007

Alright everyone, welcome to TV.com Top Chef - Season 3! As I have already stated, this is a NO ELIMINATION style game, and therefore as the game progresses people are still allowed to join. If you have not yet put your name in the "hat" to play, just message me and let me know you'll be taking part. And now.... your challenges.

QUICKFIRE CHALLENGE: For this (1 point) challenge, you will be relying on the actual contestants from the show. Who do you think, based on what we've learned so far, will win this weeks quickfire on the show? I'd like you to message me with your TOP THREE picks for who you think will win, from those picks I will assign you one. If that person wins, so do you! It's a game of chance, which is why it's worth only one point. Winner will be announced Thursday.

NON-ELIMINATION CHALLENGE: Your diner is looking to try something new, but isn't very adventurous. I'd like you to create a lunch dish that is a break from the normal, but not outrageous. Let me know what you used to make it, and give it a name. Three points for the winner, two for the runner-up. You have until Friday NOON to post your dish.

Edited on 06/18/2007 11:02am

tvFANatic20

[8]Jun 18, 2007
    I have decided to present my diner with a 3 course meal, and the theme of this menu is "meal of fire"

The appetizer is firy "pigs in a blanket" made instead with chorizo. For an extra kick, there is a little bit of hot sauce in the dough, which I have wrapped around the chorizo nuggets and fryed.

Our main course is an Italian cheesesteak, with Paprika-rubbed flank steak with some fontina cheese and firy sauteed red and green peppers, garnished with peppery arugula

Dessert is a fruit pizza. The "dough" is a hollowed-out vanilla cake with strawberry slices (pepperoni), pomegranate seeds (sausage), and apple pieces (mushrooms). Underneath these fruits is a delicious buttercream frosting (sauce), and the fruits are covered with a sweet and spicy cinammon glaze (cheese) On the side, I have also prepared a rasperry blini. Bon Apetit!

gabfan31

[10]Jun 19, 2007
    My menu, which I call "Something Old and Something New" takes familiar dishes and gives them a twist. We begin with a salad of mixed field greens, topped with strips of sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, Gorgonzola cheese, and dried cranberries tossed in a sweet garlic balsamic vinaigrette. Then we have a wood-fired crab Alfredo pizza. The dough is brushed lightly with extra virgin olive oil, then alfredo sauce is ladeled over it, chunks of snow crab and broccoli are placed in the sauce, and the whole thing is topped with Gruyere and Parmesan Reggiano Cheeses, baked in a wood-fired oven until the edge of the crust is golden brown and the cheese is nicely melted. For dessert we have a very light raspberry mousse with fresh red and black raspberries on top. Please enjoy!
    Edited on 06/21/2007 2:17am
    Edited 2 total times.

boromirbeauty

[11]Jun 19, 2007

We are looking good so far. And to make a funny observation, via your avatars, it's the battle of the Gabrielle's right now.

EDIT:

At this point I am still waiting to hear from two people for their picks for the quickfire. If for some reason they do not message me with them before the start of the episode (est) we will hold off this challenge until next week to be sure everyone is keeping up with the posts.

TO ANYONE STILL INTERESTED IN PLAYING, FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR PICKS AS WELL.

Edited on 06/20/2007 1:09pm
    Edited 2 total times.

gabfan31

[12]Jun 20, 2007
    Sounds all right to me. We want to make sure that everyone is on the same page. But in the meantime, I guess we're also holding off on the judging for the non-elimination challenge, too? I would assume so, but it wasn't stated, so I could be assuming too much, eh?

boromirbeauty

[13]Jun 20, 2007
    Well here's the thing about that part. Everyone has until Friday, so if people only read the boards after the episode airs, they still have two days to post. You and TV20 both put your menues up fairly quick, so I doubt that anyone else who is playing or wants to play will take more then two days to put in a menu.

tvFANatic20

[14]Jun 20, 2007
    I must tell you that since today is my birthday, I will not be on the boards today or tomorrow, since I am celebrating with friends today and my family is coming tomorrow. I will be here in time for the announcement of the winner.

gabfan31

[15]Jun 20, 2007
    Happy Birthday!

boromirbeauty

[16]Jun 20, 2007
    Have a good birthday TV20! And now onto some business... I have received all four of our players choices for the quickfire. They are as follows.

Gabfan - Hung
    TV20 - Sara M.
    Copa - Micah
    CSI - Tre

Good luck. I will be editing this post with the winner later in the evening. Don't forget, the NON-ELIMINATION CHALLENGE is due Friday, I look forward to seeing what the remaining players have in store.

boromirbeauty

[17]Jun 21, 2007
    boromirbeauty wrote:
    Have a good birthday TV20! And now onto some business... I have received all four of our players choices for the quickfire. They are as follows.

Gabfan - Hung
    TV20 - Sara M.
    Copa - Micah
    CSI - Tre

Good luck. I will be editing this post with the winner later in the evening. Don't forget, the NON-ELIMINATION CHALLENGE is due Friday, I look forward to seeing what the remaining players have in store.

Congratuations Gabfan! With Hung's win in the quickfire, you have received 1 point. Now I am just waiting for our remaining menues. The cut off will be 8:00 PM EST tomorrow.

copacafana82

[18]Jun 21, 2007
    I apologize for my tardiness. I have presented an Asian-inspired seafood chili!

The ingredients I have used are Indian lentils, Instead of beef, I have in the chili some prawns and octopus, which are sauteed with snow peas,edamame,and water chestnuts. Also, for a kick, there is a bit of Chinese five spice. Enjoy!

boromirbeauty

[19]Jun 21, 2007
    Thank you Copa, looks good as well.

CSIKansas

[20]Jun 21, 2007
    Well, once again I appear to be last, so I will give my eater a nice dessert. Nothing is better than a sweet peach cobbler.

The fresh Georgia peaches are marinated in vanilla extract and cinnamon. The crumbs are graham cracker crumbs, which are absolutely fabulous when paired with my peach schnapps whipped cream sauce, which is actually made with a hint of vanilla bean ice cream!