Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoIn Season

TV.com Top Chef - Season 3

CSIKansas

[41]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 2
    I think the bottom 3 will consist of Brian, Camille and Tre
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CSIKansas

[42]Jun 26, 2007
    Now, for the challenge, what better way to represent art than to make the plate look like a masterpiece, and to do this, I had to drift away from the typical birthday cake. using fondant, green food coloring, and a fudge drizzle, I have made a simple plate of vanilla cupcakes into a beautiful elegant spider web.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/dessert/cakes/cakeimg/webcpcks.jpg

tvFANatic20

[43]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 17
    GENIUS! I would have never thought of fondant on cupcakes! wonderful

copacafana82

[44]Jun 27, 2007
    yes thats very good! I think the bottom 3 will be Casey, Sara M. and Dale

boromirbeauty

[45]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 61
    Everyone has been fantasic so far. I'm still waiting for Kellie05's quickfire choices, but so far so good.

Kellie05: You have until tonight 9:00 PM EST to post your choices for the quickfire.

gabfan31

[46]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 100
    tvFANatic20 wrote:
    thats good, thanks gab!

You are very welcome.

boromirbeauty

[47]Jun 27, 2007
    Alright, the quickfire deadline is up. Don't worry though, you still have until Friday to submit your NON-elimination challenge photo or link. Good luck to all!

copacafana82

[48]Jun 27, 2007
    well, it appears that CSI won the quickfire. congrats! anyway...

History. A brilliant subject, but how does one present it in cake? I have! Judges, I present to you my double-berry, vanilla flag cake with coconut shavings and a whipped cream sauce. Below I have the link.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/dessert/cakes/cakeimg/flagcake.jpg

boromirbeauty

[49]Jun 28, 2007
    Congratulations CSI you are the winner of this weeks QUICKFIRE CHALLENGE. As a result, you win a special prize, you get a chance to present your "dish" first in next weeks NON-ELIMINATION CHALLENGE.

The order in which you will present your "dishes" in next weeks NON-ELIMINATION CHALLENGE is as follows:
    CSI, Gabfan, Copa, TV20, and Kellie05.

***Please note, this weeks "prize" for the QUICKFIRE CHALLENGE win was in lieu of the normal 1 point prize.***

tvFANatic20

[50]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 17
    Everyone, I have some news...

Tomorrow night I am leaving for vacation and I won't be back until late Wednesday night (Happy 4th of July!), so I must sit out the next set of challenges, but I will return!

gabfan31

[51]Jun 28, 2007
    tvFANatic20 wrote:

Tomorrow night I am leaving for vacation and I won't be back until late Wednesday night (Happy 4th of July!), so I must sit out the next set of challenges, but I will return!

Have a good time!

boromirbeauty

[52]Jun 29, 2007
    tvFANatic20 wrote:

If you'd like, I can put you last for the next NON-ELIMINATION CHALLENGE so you can still play that one. If not, that is okay too.

Hope you have a good time on your trip.

boromirbeauty

[53]Jun 29, 2007
    JUDGE'S TABLE #2

For your second challenge you were asked to bake a birthday cake for a special client. That client, was me, as today is my birthday. You were given some ideas into my personality and asked to use those ideas to choose your cake. The winner of this weeks NON-ELIMINATION challenge, and three points, is Gabfan! I just loved the Star Wars themed cake, it is something I'd actually love to have made for me. Fantastic!

The runner-up for this challenge is... it's a tie! TV20, I really like that you took the fact that I enjoy books and made your cake into books. Super! CSI, the cup cakes were a very nice twist, and the presentation was very artistic. Wonderful! Copa, your translation of my love of history really shined through in this challenge. Excellent!
    This means that the three of you each receive 2 points.

The totals so far are:
    gabfan - 6
    copa - 5
    CSI - 2
    TV20 - 2
    kellie05 - 0

THE NEXT CHALLENGE WILL BE POSTED MONDAY. REMEMBER YOU HAVE AN ORDER FOR THE NEXT NON-ELIMINATION CHALLENGE, SO BE SURE YOU POST AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN SO THAT THE OTHERS CAN POST THEIR'S AS WELL.

CSI, COPA, GABFAN, KELLIE05, AND TV20

**Note: changed to give tv20 the chance to play**

gabfan31

[54]Jun 29, 2007
    I'm glad you liked the cake! And happy birthday! If I'd known it was your birthday I would have made you a real cake!

boromirbeauty

[55]Jul 2, 2007

It's another week and time for a new set of challenges! Good luck to you all!

QUICKFIRE CHALLENGE: This weeks Quickfire is all about a refreshing drink. Please present the judges with a drink that can be enjoyed at a cook-out. You decide if it will be served with or without alcohol. Remember to name your drink. You have until FRIDAY JULY 6, 2007 NOON EST to post your submission. Remember to surprise me... if you can.

NON-ELIMINATION CHALLENGE: For this weeks second challenge, you must create 2 creative side dishes to go with this main dish:

Last week you were given the order in which you will present your sides, that order must be followed, as the side dishes cannont be duplicated. For example, if someone makes corn on the cob, nobody else can. You can however, make several potato dishes, but they must be different in some way. ie: Mashed, baked, etc. Please look to my previous post for order & good luck! The winner of this challenge will receive 3 points. YOU HAVE UNTIL FRIDAY 8:00 PM EST to complete this challenge. Talk amongst yourself if it will help.

EDIT: THIS WEEK THERE IS NO NEW EPISODE OF TOP CHEF, THEREFORE I HAVE CHANGED THE ELIMINATION CHALLENGE, PLEASE SEE ABOVE.

Edited on 07/03/2007 8:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

CSIKansas

[56]Jul 4, 2007
    sorry im so late chef!

QUICKFIRE- I have presented a healthy, refreshing cool cucumber verjito! To make this delicious summer drink, you must mix some chilled ginger ale, 4 slices of seedless cucumbers, 6-8 mint leaves, ice cubes, a half of a lime cut into wedges, and a tsp. of cane (or domino) sugar. To make it alcoholic, you can add 1 and a half ounces of 10 cane rum. Enjoy!

NON-ELIMINATION:

My first side dish is a delicious pumpkin custard soup made with eggs and cinnamon, with pumpkin seeds for garnish.

My second side dish is a dish my great aunt always made, which is a delicious mashed potato cake. I know that doesnt seem great, but it is simple: creamy mashed potatoes that are put into the oven to harden and become a delicious treat.

And as an extra dessert, I have made a cinammon apple sauce, which is just a great treat! Have a nice dinner!

boromirbeauty

[57]Jul 4, 2007
    CSI, everything is sounds very nice. Thanks for your offering.

Copa is next.

gabfan31

[58]Jul 5, 2007
    For the Quickfire Challenge I present a Pineapple Upside-down Cake Martini. Take 2/3 cup of chilled pineapple juice, 1/3 vanilla flavored vodka, 1 dash of grenadine syrup and mix in a shaker full of ice. Shake (not stirred ), then strain it into a pair of martini glasses. Garnish it with a piece of fresh pineapple and a maraschino cherry on a skewer, and enjoy it with a friend!

boromirbeauty

[59]Jul 5, 2007
    Thanks gab for the quickfire submission. It sounds tasty. Once copa has posted her (?) sides, you'll be up.

copacafana82

[60]Jul 6, 2007
    HIS, thank you very much! lol :p

But in a bit of sad news, a dear friend of mine has been in a car accident, and I will be spending tonight in the hospital with him. I am leaving for the hospital now, so I can not participate in these challenges, but I will return for the next ones.