Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoIn Season

Two went home..Fair or Not?

Do you agree that two should have packed their knifes?

sparkie_ac

[1]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 18

Wow both Josie and Marsia got the knife last week. I for one am glad both got sent home. One they didn't do anything at all worth cooking for the challenge so it was their loss. And yes Marsia should have gone home long ago, I am sorry but all you hear is about her deserts and I haven't seen a good one yet. Josie I liked in the beginning but the last two weeks she really has gotten on my nerves. She talked like she has something to cook and to win but she never showed it. And she got way to...what is the word...cockie kind of.

I can't wait until next week I wonder what will happen. Look at Betty she is getting to caught up in the blah blah fighting rather than cooking. How disappointing! Ha and everyone thought Marcel would be first or second to go and look he is still there and actually doing something. Of course the previews show him and Frank (dork) fighting next week. And it is about time that Mike got his knife out of his butt

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

76ersBOY

[2]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    Damn Strait!  Although I happen to like Frank.  Totaly on spot with Josie comment.  If you have so much talent why wree u never in the winners circle. 
    "cocaine, in a recording studio" -brief pause- "im shocked,... shocked"

caritoa

[3]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    I agree 100%... Jossie just made a bad decision on her teamate... but Maraisa really had to go... it was not just about deserts, and to be honest I don,t think she was good at that either!

BrainMan820

[4]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 16
    I think Marisa actually had some decent desserts. That crisp she made in the TGIFriday's challenge looked really good. They are simple to make, but complicated dishes turn off the causual diner, and that fudge cake was the reason those few kids chose her team's meal at Camp Glucose, because it wasn't chicken skewers or cole slaw, kids never eat those.
    Josie, on the other hand, was far worse. She never had any stand-out dishes. The only thing she did was not cooking related: having a wealth of knowledge about Vietnamese food. Betty was the one who sold that challenge. And then, she failed. Poor decision making with the oxtails. Marisa actually made a decent offal and a decent amuse-bouche, so I'm more inclined to believe Josie was the more responsible for the loss.

However, Marisa still deserved to go. They had three hours to prepare something, and they could've fixed things. They didn't cook anything, so they can fix other things. Perhaps if they had gone second or third, they would have had a good dish. When I think of a six-course meal, it usually goes: appetizer/soup, salad, releve (light course), palate clenser, entree, and dessert, although there are some variations. Usually, a palate cleanser isn't needed before dessert.

Also, to all of them, they really should have co-ordinated. A course meal is harmonious, and that was not.

boromirbeauty

[5]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 61
    Not only did they both deserve to go, but they both HAD to go after nobody was sent home on the previous episode. If an entire team wasn't awful then maybe a two person elimination would have happened later on down the road but it just so happens that Josie and Marisa both deserved it this week. All that time to cook three things and not one of them involved cooking. Blahhh!

starwolf99

[6]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 12

Usually the fifth course (if we go by Season 1's format) should have some meat to prep for dessert.  Josie and Marissa should have at least cooked something.  Both deserved to go.  Marissa was not that good a pastry chef in the competiton.

sparkie_ac

[7]Nov 20, 2006

76ersBOY wrote:

"cocaine, in a recording studio" -brief pause- "im shocked,... shocked"

76ersBoy LOL I loved the Mike Logan (Chris Noth) quote you put up here...that was cute when he said that! Sweet!

sparkie_ac

[8]Nov 20, 2006
    starwolf99 wrote:

Usually the fifth course (if we go by Season 1's format) should have some meat to prep for dessert.  Josie and Marissa should have at least cooked something.  Both deserved to go.  Marissa was not that good a pastry chef in the competiton.

You all mentioned the thing that they had three hours (lots of time) to cook in effect NOTHING! I mean hello! This is a cooking show is it not, granted you have time and place for salads but still. And what up with a refreshing course, ah big miss there. They went from refreshing to yuck. And yes I will again that the brownies for the kdis was ok but that is one dish of hers that was ok in my view anyway. And josie was never in the winning she always played it safe, so what if it was the first time she was on the chopping bloack like she mouthed off at the end, if she was good she never have been there. Like Harold (last season's winner) says in his blog, "come people let just cook..."

gabfan31

[9]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 100

With nobody going home last week and the fact that THEY got to choose their OWN partners should have told the chefs that this was very likely going to be a double elimination challenge.  I was disappointed that Josie saddled herself with Marisa's dead weight, but then again I doubted the wisdom of Ilan with Michael, so that shows what I know.  I'm just glad that Betty got to stay.  Even though she's annoying occasionally, I picked her, Cliff, Sam, and Ilan as the final four.  I'll be interested to see whether my guesses were correct.