Top Chef Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on BravoIn Season

Wow how obvious was it (Spoilers)

lafan313

[1]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 4

that the three finalists knew who won already when they were announcing it live. Hung looked like he was ready to jump out of his skin while the other two looked so reserved and were saying things like "we're all winners". Casey went as far to say that she thought the judges were looking for someone whose dishes were "precise" and then quickly added "and beautiful".

All in all, a good season of top chef. Glad Hung won. He was definitely the best of the bunch, if not the most popular (though I'm guessing Bourdain or Ramsey wouldn't have been either).

Edited on 10/04/2007 2:30am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MelissaZaf

[2]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 14
    People are already saying that he didn't deserve to win.But how would we know that? It was really hard for me to watch the show since I couldn't taste the food. I watched it because of the twists and the contestants' unique personalities. I had to relay on the judges for every challenge because the show was about cooking and since we never tasted any of the food, I cannot really say that this persona didn't deserve to win and this deserved to win. I'm just glad that someone won and is started a new chapter in their life.

MervyMerv858

[3]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    I personally don't think Hung deserved to win the competition. I have to respect that he did win Season 3 but doesn't mean that he should be appreciated. The reason why is that "I'm better than you, and I know it for a fact" attitude he had the whole entire Season. I would have rather seen Dale or Casey take the title of Top Chef, but oh well.

MegaDragonGod

[4]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yes, his attitude sucks, but the judges chose the winner according to their dishes and since we didn't have a chance to taste them (and I really really want to) we can't tell whether he deserves to be the Top Chef or no.

rosebrook

[5]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    Yeah thats to bad. I never liked Hung's personality very much, but he was a good cook.

I had REALLY wanted Dale to win though. I liked him since the first episode I saw. Same with CJ but CJ got eliminated.

Vital_Shot

[6]Oct 6, 2007
    • level: 25
    I didn't like Hung's attitude either, but he cooked well, so I guess that's all that matters. I wish him the best of luck, even though I'm not very fond of him.

starwolf99

[7]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 12

Going back to the original topic:

The Top 3 knew only in a sense that they still have their criticisms still in their memories from Aspen (which was played out again in front of the live audience). Dale and Hung had some high points but Dale still had that one failed course versus Hung's safe dessert. Casey was pretty much chewed out by the judges in Aspen. She knew that she had no chance at that point, so being in front of the live audience was all about putting up a good face.

Which raises the question: How much time elapsed between the final competition in Aspen and the live announcement in Chicago?