Top Chef

Freezer Burn

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 01, 2007 on Bravo

• Not my favorite selection of the judges to go home!!

In the beginning, I was really rooting for Hung, but not necessarily Joey and after so long those things switch, so I really hate what happen tonight. The chefs had to join together in order to win a frozen food challenge. The two top teams were Tre & CJ and Casey & Dale. Casey and Dale sold the most but Tre & CJ is the judges pick and get a trip to Italy for two. Howie & Sara M and Hung & Joey are the bottom picks. Both teams have problems with storing their foods for consumption later and have a hard time communicating. I was hoping that either Hung or Sara M was going to go home, because like Hung was trying to push all the responsibility to Joey's side before the challenge was even finish while Sara M. simply didn't take a large part due to Howie's bulldog-ish ways. I was really pushing for Joey & Howie to be there in the end because I think they're all-around good picks but they decided that Joey should go home in this challenge. The episode was okay and also has guest chef Rocco DiSpirito. Casey won the quickfire which required the chefs to correctly identify whatever food what was in front of them. A pretty decent episode.