Top Chef

Latin Lunch

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 18, 2007 on Bravo

• Quick fire challenge, they had to make something using a frozen pie crust. Elimination challenge, they had to make a latin dish for the cast and crew of, Dame Chocolate.

A very interesting quick fire challenge in this episode. It was interesting to see how each chef approached it. I don't think one person actually kept it in the pie form. Hung's attitude is really getting to me. He just can't accept the fact that maybe he doesn't always get it right. I was surprised that Joey did win. He's come so far from the beginning. He struggled from the beginning and it sure looked like he was going to go home early, but now I don't know. He's really do an awesome job and he's working on reigning that temper and attitude in. I'm also sad that they don't show more of Tre. He must just really be consistent and not that interesting or something. He is still one of my favorites. After the quick fire challenge, came the elimination challenge, of course. The chefs had to make a Latin dish for the cast and crew of the Telemundo show, Dame Chocolate. First they were given 3 hours to cook their dish, then after they started Chef Tom came in and told them they now only had an hour and a half. It threw some of them, but they all still managed to complete their dishes. Again Hung irritated me. At the judge's table he's still with the attitude like the judge's don't know what they're talking about because they didn't fall in love with his dish. He's gotta just suck it up sometimes. I was surprised that Joey and Howie were in the top. As mentioned earlier Joey's been struggling from the beginning and so has Howie. It was nice to see that he was able to pull it together especially since Chef Tom didn't think he would. And I was happy Howie won. I think he needs that win in order to boost in confidence in the coming weeks. I again was surprised with who they sent home. They all really didn't seem to like Casey's and Tom was really hung up on the chicken and rice. Yet, they didn't send her home. I don't get it, but they are the experts. Sad to see Lia go, but as we get along, it's going to be harder and harder each week.