Top Chef

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Bravo Premiered Mar 08, 2006 In Season

layle1

Top Chef Fan Reviews (56)

• I'm not a big reality show fan but I had enjoyed Project Runway (it got me started sewing again) and decided to give this one a shot

7.8
    I enjoyed seeing the dishes the chefs prepared and as Project Runway had me back at my sewing machine, this show actually made me want to visit my kitchen! This year's winner had me very disappointed; I had hoped there was SOME reality to the program. But Ilia was such a whiner and complainer (about Marcel)I was agasht when they announced him as top chef. All of his dishes had his Spanish cooking flavor to them and none of it looked very high class (although I do give him credit for the Bay leaf accent).

Marcel's food was all very different and looked like the food I ate when I dined at the Jules Verne. It seemed pretty clear that his two assistants weren't behind him very much; although Sam did help him out on the one course. If he served just a salad it certainly was nicer to look at than the stuff out of a can on toast Ilan prepared.

I will watch again next season but I hope they will give everyone a lecture on professonalism and when something such as the hair cutting incident occurs EVERYONE involved will be disqualified from being Top Chef. How to fill in the remaining episodes...bring back however many it takes (even if you need people from the previous season) who were told to take their knives and go for other reasons. Z