Top Chef

Second Helping

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 22, 2007 on Bravo

• Exciting quickfire, where they see which team can chop and prepare faster. Restaraunt wars take two in the main part of the show.

Does Padme even cook? she's a great hostess but I think you could find someone that could do that and be a chef too, no? Hung and Sarah went crazy chopping onions and chickens in the quickfire. I was pretty amazed at how this team worked togother. I thought it was hilarious that they brought back the blogger's friend from last episode. Madonna's brother I guess, I don't even remember his name. He brought in these huge modern paintings which were very nice. Although when is the last time you saw black frames in a modern art gallery? the answer is never! It looked hideous, totally took away from the art and the restaraunt. Dale was right about the color, it did look like Valentines day threw up in the room. Still, it was better than his choices from last episode. Team 'Quatre' really came togother in the kitchen, with Sarah leading the way. She made Hung and Howie do some dishes over and she was exactly right come judging time. You have to give her props for really stepping up and taking control, something the other team did not do. Trey was supposed to be a favorite to win Top Chef, but I never saw it. Remember the barbecue competition from the second episode? his pallete wasn't on then and it wasn't on now. All four chefs on the restaraunt April team really dropped the ball, I could have sent any of them home. If it were up to me? it would have been Casey because of her completely lousy onion chop in the quickfire, rule number #1 in Chefdom? Be a great slicer and dicer.