QuickFire Challenge Dishes Shown:
• Andrew - "Thai Fruit Salad" with Mangoes, Strawberries, Raspberries and Sriracho Dressing
• Spike - "Sensual Beef Salad" with Pineapple, Radish, Cucmber and Skirt Steak
• Lisa - "Sexy Banana Salad" with Squid, Lobster Tail, Bananas and Yuzu Vinaigrette
• Stephanie - "Fall Duet" with Pear Vinaigrette, Poached Pear and Artichokes
• Antonia - "Poached Egg with Wild Mushroom Salad" with Bacon Vinaigrette and Squash Blossoms
• Richard - "Fresh and Clean Salad" with Ceviche of Fruits and Vegetables
• Dale - "Poached Chicken Salad" with Nori Paste, Mirin, Sake, and Rice Wine Vinegar
Spike wins the QuickFire Challenge, and wins a ten minute head start to shop, and the opportunity to pick one ingredient from each food group which the other chefs may not use.
Andrew: I want to show you guys what it is to eat healthy.
Tom: How about serving something that's good?
Andrew: Was it not good?
Tom: It didn't taste good at all.
Andrew: Really? That's funny. I had two people go back for it.
Tom: They went back for it because it wasn't enough. They had to eat more.
Antonia: The fact that he's actually thinking how he can screw the rest of us up leads me to believe that he hasn't really put that much thought into his own dish.
Andrew: The atmosphere in the house is everybody's beat down! Except for me, I'm still all crazy. I woke up with a ****ing fire inside my stomach, like, 'Either I'm gonna stab somebody or I'm gonna make some amazing food.'
While watching the episode for Bravo's website's cameras, Spike says that he may have accidentally turned up Lisa's burner under her rice, since he was the person working nearest to her. But he maintains that if he did so, it was an honest mistake, with no intention of sabotaging her.
Dale says that he had used Bison once before so he knew how best to cook it, and that it was a great, lean beef substitute.
The aired episode does not show Andrew hugging Lisa in farewell, but there's a bonus clip at the Bravo website that shows them parting amicably, with a big hug. Lisa also mentions that she was the first one in the house to sit down and have a three hour long talk with Andrew to get to know and understand him, so her actions at the Judges' Table were not at all personal.
Andrew says that he intends to stay in contact with Spike after it's all over, and he has. Andrew doesn't own a TV set, so he goes over to Spike's house to watch Top Chef, including this episode. While he was there watching it, Lisa text messaged Spike, saying "Tell Andrew I'm an ***hole and I'm sorry, but I still love him."
Spike: I win the Quickfire, it's my first win. And I'm like, at first I'm like, 'Am I on Punk'd?'
Punk'd is a TV show featuring celebrities as the butt of practical jokes.