Top Chef

Season 3 Episode Special

Top Chef Holiday Special

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Dec 06, 2007 on Bravo

• Not the best episode but ok for the holidays!

OK epsiode that lacked the drama and that was rare. Considering that Marcel was a jerk and that a lot of the chefs, were really on high noon drama. At last, hopefully, this helped them to be humbled and all of that. As they prepare a holiday feast for the judges, guest and regular like Tom, Gail, and Padma. Well, to start things off with, Eric Ripert is Santa Claus and doesn't do the Santa thing, except Ho, Ho, Ho. All due to his accent. But I love his accent nonetheless. Whoever gets Top Chef title in the holiday thing. Wins $20K and it was good to see the person that won, deserved to win!
  • It's a nice chef competition for the holidays, no heated drama, just some fun and good food.

It was good to see former TC contestants reuniting. Tre! CJ! Tiffani! Stephen! Marcel! Josie! ...it was especially lovely seeing them again. Really, all of the contestants were a joy to see again. Well, I was unsure about Betty. She had acted quite nasty in TC2, I didn't know how she'd be on the Holiday Special but she seemed to be rather humbled by her previous attitude, and though I remain not much of a fan of hers, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and move on.

In doing so, I thought it was a cute touch with everyone getting a Christmas stocking of things geared to something specific to each that happened in their season. And on with the food, all the dishes the participating chefs made looked and were described as so delicious, I much wanted to be a taster, not a judge, just wishing I was able to taste them all. I know having elimination rounds is how the game is played, but it was a little disappointing to have to have the chefs make a dish then be gone before getting to present it. Though throughout each round, I held my breath, hoping favorites would make it through to the next one, most of all being Tre. When it came down to between he and Tiffani, though I appreciate her passion about her craft, I wanted Tre to take it home. But all in all I was happy for her. Now, on to Chicago! Woo-hoo! :)
  • Fun for the holidays but the teeth are out for $20,000.00........

I agree I don't think that people like Josie or whats her face with the funny blonde hair gay one) should have been their. Betty I think they did that because of Marcel but I can over look that. CJ well he did make it farther than Tre did so...

I didn't like that fact that it was about the holidays and this time it was money for them instead of charity. Maybe it should have been in reverse with the Four Star All-Stars.

How do I feel about Tiff winning, well she did go ok but we didn't see much really 'great' come from her. But I did perfer her last dish over Tre, mostly because Tre's dish was more Betty than him. And to tell the true I was hoping for Marcel to win. I would have like it to be Tre and Marcel one on one. Without being there to taste the food I can't say for sure who should have won.

The challenge was sweet, head to head each meal and then two elimated after each course, until there was two left. Yah that was sweet.