Top Chef

Season 3 Episode Special

Top Chef Holiday Special

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Dec 06, 2007 on Bravo

• It's a nice chef competition for the holidays, no heated drama, just some fun and good food.

It was good to see former TC contestants reuniting. Tre! CJ! Tiffani! Stephen! Marcel! Josie! ...it was especially lovely seeing them again. Really, all of the contestants were a joy to see again. Well, I was unsure about Betty. She had acted quite nasty in TC2, I didn't know how she'd be on the Holiday Special but she seemed to be rather humbled by her previous attitude, and though I remain not much of a fan of hers, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and move on.

In doing so, I thought it was a cute touch with everyone getting a Christmas stocking of things geared to something specific to each that happened in their season. And on with the food, all the dishes the participating chefs made looked and were described as so delicious, I much wanted to be a taster, not a judge, just wishing I was able to taste them all. I know having elimination rounds is how the game is played, but it was a little disappointing to have to have the chefs make a dish then be gone before getting to present it. Though throughout each round, I held my breath, hoping favorites would make it through to the next one, most of all being Tre. When it came down to between he and Tiffani, though I appreciate her passion about her craft, I wanted Tre to take it home. But all in all I was happy for her. Now, on to Chicago! Woo-hoo! :)